Bit Of A Yarn

Exporting A Greyhound...

Yankiwi

On 3/7/2019 at 9:15 AM, Arsenic said:

You would think that Max Mathews, Maxine Lozell and Michael Lozell must be so proud of him he clearly takes a good photo

You are perfectly right, I am proud of my son, as is his father and Poppa.  If any of you know Sam you would know it's not him in the photo, and before the accusations, yes I do know who it is.. I can not and will not comment on what happened at the property as I have no idea, I was not there and I will be as disgusted as the rest of you IF it it proven that the accusations are correct. However at this point there is no reason to drag people's names through the mud, or bring us into it. Dad Michael and I have nothing to do with the Cole kennels.  I would doubt the SPCA or GRNZ would let this go on for this long if they truly believed there are major issues. 

Sam deserves his training licence, and would not have been given one if the association had any concerns about his training abilities. He is a bloody good son, great partner to Georgie and a fabulous father, and great to his dogs. He is on a new venture and deserves support not criticism. And I can assure you all if I thought he had any ideas such as live baiting I wouldn't have my dogs with him. 

Like I said I cannot comment on what happened there, but you are wrong thinking I would defend anybody that practices live baiting. 

Lastly, please leave dad out of your comments, Sam, Michael and I can defend ourselves, however Dad is 92 and when he was told (not by me) about this post he was very offended, I don't think it is fair on him. 

Maxine Mathews

• Like 4

Guest CrossCodes

Who is this person in the background assisting in the live baiting? He looks very similar to another trainer who gets a lot of ex-Cole dogs to train.

We know this is not Sam but there was someone else who was helping Cole in his bullring, and Sam working there full time he categorically knew this was happening (and I still believe it is him in the bullring photo with Cole), so he is just as bad for not stepping up and testifying to the fact this was occurring.

And let’s not forget Coles family who clearly knew this was going on, including big Georgia who claims to be a dog lover but was clearly complicit in this live baiting.

The longer it goes on unresolved the more the NZGRA seem to be condoning what was going on.

204EDD06-BAB6-43D6-BADA-1E0669D1CFED.jpeg

Edited by CrossCodes

2 hours ago, Racink9 said:

Lastly, please leave dad out of your comments, Sam, Michael and I can defend ourselves, however Dad is 92 and when he was told (not by me) about this post he was very offended, I don't think it is fair on him.

I agree 100% & hope other members will respect this request.

Max has no part to play whatsoever in this saga.

• Like 4

Well well we’ll.Have some of you got egg on your face now.Shooting off your mouth before getting your facts right again.re Sam.Stick to the FACTS,not your wild accusations,before you make your self into a bigger muppets than what you already are.Im looking forward to reading your apologies to the Lozell family.

14 hours ago, Racink9 said:

You are perfectly right, I am proud of my son, as is his father and Poppa.  If any of you know Sam you would know it's not him in the photo, and before the accusations, yes I do know who it is.. I can not and will not comment on what happened at the property as I have no idea, I was not there and I will be as disgusted as the rest of you IF it it proven that the accusations are correct.

If your son is not in any of those photos that have been flying about on the internet then I do honestly give my apologies to you all. 

Thank you. There was a photo, a really nice photo of Sam at the races in the parade ring, handling a dog, someone thought it would be funny to photo shop it and add a possom in his hand. Considering what was going on at the time it was bloody disgusting. He also went to Christchurch once and someone thought it funny to loosen the wheel nuts on the trailer, so on his way home the wheels fell off trailer, he narrowly avoided an accident, his new vehicle damaged and written off. Someone put my sons life, the dogs lives and other motorists lives at risk. So people have attacked him enough, I think it's time to lay off. Like I said, yes I know it's not him in the photos doing the rounds, so again thank you for listening. 

PS if found guilty of any accusations I won't defend anyone's actions. 

Edited by Racink9
  • Like 1

To be honest, I haven't a clue whether the person inside the bull ring is Sam or not. I wouldn't know Sam by his appearance if I had passed him on the street. When I inquired with a couple of people after the images became available, I was told in no mixed words by both that it was Sam.

That said, whoever the three are in the images need to face the music and go before the justice system. Beyond what I see as animal cruelty, the damage it has done & continues to do too the code makes it more unrepairable every day it's avoided.

Edited by Yankiwi

21 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Hi Maxine, please pass on my good wishes to Max and Janet, I miss my times spent with them on my many journeys Nth. Those games of snooker at the Putaruru Club bring back fond memories. Hope you and all family are well. John.

Sitting in the car with him now, taking him over the Gentle Annie, the road between Napier and Tihape. He has been wanting to do this for many years. He sends his best wishes to you. 92 next week, slowed down a lot. He's had a couple of heart attacks this past year. He still loves the dogs, but reluctantly had to give up his training, but still owns. He said, the good old days, very enjoyable times. 

• Like 1

I know who Sam is 100% it’s him no bullshit he knows everything so does the big girl daughter the Maori boy was a worker don’t tire an make out it’s not sam because it is cole is the man to blame for putting his staff in these situations the longer it goes on the worst it’s going to be cole should man up like the recent Aussie horse trainer an except responsibility 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Four shaw said:

I know who Sam is 100% it’s him no bullshit he knows everything so does the big girl daughter the Maori boy was a worker don’t tire an make out it’s not sam because it is cole is the man to blame for putting his staff in these situations the longer it goes on the worst it’s going to be cole should man up like the recent Aussie horse trainer an except responsibility 

You obviously don't know Sam well enough to think its him. But think how you will, I can't change that. I have said what I want to say. 

I don't know who mentioned Max and family, but agree that was below the belt. Most in the CD have seen all the photos, there is no doubt who the people in the photos are. All except Cole exited the kennels at the same time, that was at least 5 staff leaving before they could be replaced. That smacks of sinking ship syndrome. It is disappointing that two key witnesses both former employees withdrew their statements to protect their current positions. Total respect for "That Girl", I hope you get your day in court.

We have all paid a high price for the lack of action from the RIU. The GRNZ's position throughout has been pitiful and I am surprised that the GA has not intervened as we and all Australian states are bound by the same set of rules. Precedents already existed at the time SPCA investigation commenced. The GRNZ has the power to revoke any license, including breeding licenses. To date, they have done nothing. If charges are brought by the GRNZ and guilt is proven, the money earned by the kennel since the SPCA investigation began will have been earned illegally. There will be no compensation to any trainer who was entitled to those stakes. No compensation to any trainer who was balloted. 

The machine just rolls on, broods continue pumping out. Reading this thread I am reminded by a statement made by the exalted one: " I am going to push all you trainers off a cliff!". What a truly wonderful ambassador we have.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Cockyaleg said:

I don't know who mentioned Max and family, but agree that was below the belt. Most in the CD have seen all the photos, there is no doubt who the people in the photos are. All except Cole exited the kennels at the same time, that was at least 5 staff leaving before they could be replaced. That smacks of sinking ship syndrome. It is disappointing that two key witnesses both former employees withdrew their statements to protect their current positions. Total respect for "That Girl", I hope you get your day in court.

We have all paid a high price for the lack of action from the RIU. The GRNZ's position throughout has been pitiful and I am surprised that the GA has not intervened as we and all Australian states are bound by the same set of rules. Precedents already existed at the time SPCA investigation commenced. The GRNZ has the power to revoke any license, including breeding licenses. To date, they have done nothing. If charges are brought by the GRNZ and guilt is proven, the money earned by the kennel since the SPCA investigation began will have been earned illegally. There will be no compensation to any trainer who was entitled to those stakes. No compensation to any trainer who was balloted. 

The machine just rolls on, broods continue pumping out. Reading this thread I am reminded by a statement made by the exalted one: " I am going to push all you trainers off a cliff!". What a truly wonderful ambassador we have.

A healthy slice of blame lies with Greg Kerr. He was supposed to set things right but he's done nothing at all. Making good dough year in year out probably hoping for a nice redundancy when the govt closes us all down for good. Talk about a waste of space.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

What about the slime bag RENDLE?   Is he not at the very core of this festering saga ?...If it wasn't for his finance and devious restructuring while head of the board with Conflicts of Interest   Cole would have never made this far. Kerr is a bludger agreed but he is just following instructions at the time of Holden who was employed and backhanded by Rendle...Look  who is Head of the dysfunctional board now and who  put him there? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cichlid said:

What about the slime bag RENDLE?   Is he not at the very core of this festering saga ?...If it wasn't for his finance and devious restructuring while head of the board with Conflicts of Interest   Cole would have never made this far. Kerr is a bludger agreed but he is just following instructions at the time of Holden who was employed and backhanded by Rendle...Look  who is Head of the dysfunctional board now and who  put him there? 

I imagine he's done superb in the RIU/GRNZ/SPCA climate of sweeping such sick abuse under the rug.
Honestly this industry is r**ted. We must do something..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hard Times said:

A healthy slice of blame lies with Greg Kerr. He was supposed to set things right but he's done nothing at all. Making good dough year in year out probably hoping for a nice redundancy when the govt closes us all down for good. Talk about a waste of space.

Why look to blame Greg Kerr , I don’t see him standing in the photos live baiting the only people to blame for this bullshit are Lisa and Brendon Cole .

All the people who have worked in those kennels are as guilty as the Coles for not coming forward and making a stand that this is not acceptable .

The challenges in life can define your path , tell you a wee story.

I went to an all boys religious school for all my schooling life, around 4th form I received many detentions mainly for rebelling or speaking my mind .

One particular day this teacher gave me detention only me , he locked the door as I went in he then placed his hand on my shoulder I gave him a right hook and sat him on his arse I stood over him and told him he was to never touch any students ever again unlocked the door and went home.

Next day at school I broke into this teachers draw where he kept his leather strap around 15 inches long , I cut that strap into 15 one inch pieces and placed it on the teachers table .

I really did get in the shit for doing that but I can tell you I know that teacher never ever laid a hand on any student in all the time I was there .

Cutting his leather strap up turned him into a broken man.

Sometimes the things you do in life may be unpleasant at the time but it certainly defines the path you end up taking in your lifetime.

Never to late to stand up.

• Like 1

I dont know for sure who's in the photo's, (apart from Cole) but I can certainly understand why people thought it was Sam , because it looks a lot like him, right kinda height, build, complexion, style, he worked there etc etc.....just saying.

Maxine says she knows who it is, but also that she has 'no idea' what happened at that property despite her son being a longtime employee? Something doesn't add up? Please Maxine implore Sam to come forward and tell the truth about what he saw at Coles IF indeed you are disgusted by these 'alleged' actions, the only reason why he wouldn't is if he WAS in the photos, or through loyalty to Cole or he's scared, or IF he never saw such behaviour in all his time there... but that idea is laughable.

P.S I dont wish to attack you Maxine, but you engaged in this conversation.

I worked at Coles, I'll be in court (hopefully) telling my story, I could do with the support..thanks.

• Like 4