Bit Of A Yarn

TOP TROTTERS IN ACTION NORTHERN SOUTHLAND

There are two good trotters races at Saturday's Northern Southland meeting at Ascot Park, Invercargill. The Trotting Oaks (R10) is a good field of fillies headed by Cheerful with Sunnys Little Jestic and Majestic Chevron the main dangers. 

Race 6 should be a match race between up and comers Kings Landing and Majestic Man. Both horses should go to the top. Kings Landing has 10m advantage on Majestic Man but the one drawer might not be ideal for the All Stars runner?

Good racing at Invercargill on Saturday. 

Race 10 [5:10pm] HARAS des TROTTEURS SOUTHLAND TROTTING OAKS (MOBILE TROT)  $20,000, 3YO FILLIES, 2200m    Racebook    Gear    Front Line Limit   Bet now

For 3-year-old trotting fillies.
Book Form Age Sex     Name   Rating Draw Hdcp Driver Trainer  
1 12X 3 f     Fanny Hill   R54 1 Front Brad Williamson P M Williamson  
2 15 3 f     Shes Like The Wind   R55 2 Front Matthew Williamson P M Williamson  
3 701382 3 f     Majestic Chevron   R53 3 Front Blair Orange N R McGrath  
4 54X123 3 f     Sunnys Little Jestic   R55 4 Front Brent Mangos B M Mangos  
5 X01251 3 f     Cheerful   R62 5 Front Tim Williams M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen  
6 10X604 3 f     Swiss Miss   R52 6 Front Nathan Williamson G D Smith  
7 01 3 f     She's So Cool   R55 7 Front Paul Court S W McMullan  

Notifiable Gear Changes:    No Gear Changes
Race 6 [2:47pm] PRYDE'S EASIFEED SOUTHERN LIGHTS (HANDICAP TROT) (Gr3)  $30,000, R70 & FASTER DISCRETIONARY, 2700m    Racebook    Gear    Front Line Limit   Bet now
  Race History  
For R70 & faster trotters. This race will has a maximum back mark of 30m.
Book Form Age Sex     Name   Rating Draw Hdcp Driver Trainer  
1 X21111 4 g     Kings Landing   R78 1 Front Tim Williams M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen  
2 1X7902 6 g     Sam Galleon   R73 2 Front Nathan Williamson P M Williamson  
3 003569 6 g     Red Hot Poker   R71 3 Front   G C Telfer  
4 395330 7 g     De Vito   R67 U1 Front Ricky May R E Wilson  
5 174340 8 g     Belles Son   R86 1 10m Robbie Close R W Todd  
6 221111 4 g     Majestic Man   R85 2 10m Brad Williamson P M Williamson  
7 082619 7 m     Jen Jaccka   R89 3 10m Matthew Williamson P M Williamson  
8 X11104 4 g     Valloria   R84 4 10m John Dunn R J Dunn  
9 641201 5 g     Over The Love   R88 U1 10m Blair Orange K M Barron  
10 323452 5 g     The Dominator   R81 U2 10m Craig Thornley D L Williamson  
11 X46386 5 g     Smokey Mac   R85 U3 10m Brent Barclay P M Williamson  

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Good trotters alright!

As a punting race, both are nil!,

Good to see you so positive and optimistic as usual mate. I thought a legendary punter like yourself would have a few sneaky value bets lined up for Northern Southland. There are good fields and your idols the Dunns have a few in, what more do you want.

It is likely that the big three Cheerful, Kings Landing and Majestic Man will dominate the betting but none of this trio are full-proof yet and an upset could be on the cards, especially in Race 6, Southern Lights Handicap Trot.

I'm picking my old mate Brendon McLellan will win the first with Ay Boy that will pay OK!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Own any horses running on the day Brods. ? No,   I didn't think so.

Frankly those that dont have any skin in the game should shut the F---K up.

No offence of course.

All he said was they are good trotters which is true and they are nil betting races - quite possibly true don't you think?

As for no skin in the game so one needs to shut up....I will shut up then.

No offence taken.

42 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

No offence of course.

Globe, first and foremost you are talking BS when you state that Brodie has no skin in the game!!

1 hour ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Good to see you so positive and optimistic as usual mate. I thought a legendary punter like yourself would have a few sneaky value bets lined up for Northern Southland. There are good fields and your idols the Dunns have a few in, what more do you want.

It is likely that the big three Cheerful, Kings Landing and Majestic Man will dominate the betting but none of this trio are full-proof yet and an upset could be on the cards, especially in Race 6, Southern Lights Handicap Trot.

I'm picking my old mate Brendon McLellan will win the first with Ay Boy that will pay OK!!

WhiteMan, stating fact old fellah!

If punters want to bet into those races when there are stinking hotshots then that is their choice obviously!

Backing anything to beat those stinking hotshots I call gambling!!!

Sneaky value bets?

Havent even looked at the fields apart from the trot ones posted!

More money to be made at Forbury and Westport I would’ve thought, and find those Southland fields always too even to have a go!

• Haha 1

Good luck with MM Globe. I feel you may need it :) 

Never a good idea to talk about "certainties" especially with trotters but an All Stars double with the trotters looks a formality to my eye. Could be a treble with Funatthebeach looking a big hope in the Southland Cup. I'd also label Letterkenny Boy as well but that race is only worth 10k

Cheerful was impressive last week despite the boss being away and this race was a genuine target so we all know what that equates to. 

As I've stated previously, I sincerely believe that Kings Landing is the best trotter we've seen since I Can Doosit. Yes, what I'm saying is he will be better than Stent and Monbet etc. Trots beautifully, has a ton of speed and can work more than the others and still leave them standing when most are reading E on the tank. That makes him exactly the sort of horse that will dominate races such as the Rowe Cup, Dominion and Inter Dominion Final etc and he's only 4 FFS. This is a very good field with exciting prospects MM, Valloria and Over The Love so I'm looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds. I don't agree with Brodie on this race not being a good betting race. Time will tell but it's the race of the week for me but I am bias. I love the trotters. Easton Light, Nigel Craig and Petite Evander cemented my admiration and adoration for the squaregaiters.

What I'm not looking forward to is the AS dominating with trotters as well as everything else but I've already expressed why I'm not excited about that prospect. I'm sure that by the the time we are eating our Sunday dinner, the divide in NZ harness racing will be a little wider. Those who believe the AS operation is to be admired ONLY, and those that believe their magnificent and dominating record in almost every big money race is not good for our sport.

Sweet On Me is the formality win for the week in the Delightful Lady Classic. She's the next Adore Me and will win by a cricket pitch. Smooth Deal has the Cardigan Bay stakes in the back pocket. Virgil will likely run the quinella. The biggest shock of the week will be if the AS don't run 1, 2 and 3 in the Derby scooping all the cream....again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, globederby12 said:

No offence of course.

To be honest globe without the punters $$$ there would be very limited skin in the game!  I am looking forward to those trotting races at Invercargill some exceptional talent and I'm hoping mm can get the job done, Jen jakka for the Quin 

• Like 1

On 6/03/2019 at 12:43 PM, Brodie said:

Good trotters alright!

As a punting race, both are nil!,

So much for that — a $5 winner in one race and a $41 shot in the other! 

There's always "value" Brodie old chap, you just need to know where and how to look for it.?

19 minutes ago, Basil said:

So much for that — a $5 winner in one race and a $41 shot in the other! 

There's always "value" Brodie old chap, you just need to know where and how to look for it.?

Only because the finishing touches weren’t applied!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Only because the finishing touches weren’t applied!

How come Brodie you always have a negative answer when challenged instead of a positive one like, "Yes there was value to be found and good on those who found it but not for me today"  Maybe you were out 'Brodied" on these two races. 

23 minutes ago, Harewood said:

How come Brodie you always have a negative answer when challenged instead of a positive one like, "Yes there was value to be found and good on those who found it but not for me today"  Maybe you were out 'Brodied" on these two races. 

How come Harewood?

Because I just tell it the way it is!

Reality is that on a normal day with those AllStar horses and Mark Purdon and co. Oncourse, most of them would’ve won!

Never heard of out Brodied before but I will accept that, if it means that I didn’t bother having an investment all day!

Look, I can post some good news stories if everyone wants, and no problem with that, but it will not improve Harness Racing!

What Brodie and several others on here post are things that are relevant to harness racing currently, and need addressing!

If you think that everything is rosey with harness racing then you have got your head in the sand.

Harewood, if you want me to stop posting, then I can certainly do that, and I will leave you with the ones from the Darkside that have come over to try and bugger this site!

Of course I repeat myself many times over certain topics, and there are reasons for this!

Edited by Brodie

34 minutes ago, Brodie said:

How come Harewood?

34 minutes ago, Brodie said:

If you think that everything is rosey with harness racing then you have got your head in the sand.

Harewood, if you want me to stop posting,

"Out Brodied" I was meaning that some found value in those two races just like you enjoy doing on the lesser meetings like Reefton today. I personally thought MM was way overs and therefore good value so hence a bet but not on the other race.

And I have never said all was rosey with harness so dont know where you got that info from. I am more than critical when I feel an injustice or bad driving etc has happenned, however I do like to enjoy the more positive side of harness racing  especially top horses running great times. And why would you think I wanted you to stop posting, I have never said that here or on RC as you should remember. Just a few positive replies to posts (not your own) would I am sure make us all smile. And there carnt be any problem being happy is there HAPPY.

• Like 1

Happy is good?

There are many positives in harness Harewood I acknowledge that!

Just when I see something wrong or an injustice or something that needs improvement I will point it out, as everyone knows!

If I mention it enough I am hoping there may be changes made!

You are a fair man Harewood!!

• Like 2