Bit Of A Yarn

a new name for the CRUSADERS

Weasel

No..No...no....leave it as it is.

P.C gone mad...to coin a phrase.....as it is,  i would be surprised if more than five per cent of the general populace had heard of the the Crusades - before Friday's awful events that is.

It's a brand,  it works, don't mess with it.   Changing a name will not stop nutters doing horrible things.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Personally if the name changes and I've been a Canterbury supporter for 50 years and all through the Crusaders lifetime then my support will be seriously challenged.  The PC BS has to stop.  You can't rewrite history nor should you apologise for it.

How about calling them the Canterbury Confederates?

The weak tossers have lost me. Bunch of snowflakes. Any changes whether in name or horses and shields will lose me for all time. They are so weak, that they cannot except their own culture, instead bowing to a foreign culture out of fear and intimidation. Next up will be crosses in public places because it is offensive to Islam. NewZealand deserves to be overrun with foreign cults.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

The weak tossers have lost me. Bunch of snowflakes. Any changes whether in name or horses and shields will lose me for all time. They are so weak, that they cannot except their own culture, instead bowing to a foreign culture out of fear and intimidation. Next up will be crosses in public places because it is offensive to Islam. NewZealand deserves to be overrun with foreign cults.

I guess that fantastic theme song "Conquest of Paradise" will be gone too.  Even though it has nothing to do with the Crusades.  But I guess the native South Americans will object.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aquaman said:

We have just had 50 killed by someone who shares your views Water Boy. 

8 minutes ago, Bloke said:

He is anti Muslim. I fiind his comments on this forum disgraceful. 

Just as I find your extreme left agenda disgraceful, weak and insipid. Now get back under your rock bloke, or better still crawl back to scoobs where you will find a sympathetic ear.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bloke said:

He is anti Muslim. I fiind his comments on this forum disgraceful. 

Plenty of anti muslims,anti christians,anti immigration.anti gays,anti fords,anti holden, anti .anything you want to name.The difference is that this guy was a nutter

54 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Just as I find your extreme left agenda disgraceful, weak and insipid. Now get back under your rock bloke, or better still crawl back to scoobs where you will find a sympathetic ear.

OK Water Boy, declare that you  are not anti Muslim and you do not share the views of the alt right?

25 minutes ago, Bloke said:

OK Water Boy, declare that you  are not anti Muslim and you do not share the views of the alt right?

To tell the truth bloke, you have your view, I have mine. I had enough of you on the Trump thread, and you and your views bore me. I am a conservative in my thinking as you well know. I love humanity, and all races, but I do not want globalisation, or open borders. I respect all cultures as long as its confined to there own country, and not forced on one another. I am a proud Trump supporter for the reasons outlined. I subscribe to the theory, that when in Rome, do as the Romans do. I expect that from all immigrants to this country.

Expect no more debate from me to you bloke.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I began this thread some weeks ago, soon after the Christchurch terror attacks. 'To change the name or not to change the name, that is the question.'

As time goes on, I have become more assured in the view that, despite the potential power of a symbolic gesture towards modern-day inclusiveness of all races,religions, cultures etc,  it is more sensible to NOT change the name. An interesting perspective is in today's Herald.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12224431

MM