Bit Of A Yarn

T J McKee -R I P

A great man.   Couldn't believe it at races few years ago, went away from my mates and when I came back he was with them, beer in hand, answering all their questions about Sunline. How many would do that with total  strangers on a  busy race day ?  Met him a few times since and always a terrific gentleman who would say goodaye to anyone.   RIP Trevor, you've well and truly earned your rest.

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

Not realized by many is that back in the sixties Trevor McKee kept Taranaki racing going. He was by far the biggest supporter in terms of numbers visiting horses. I mentioned that to him a year ago whilst watching trials at Avondale and also thought he looked quite well. Very sad how quickly over one year his health must have deteriorated. That on top of Kevin Crampton so not a good time for the Takanini connection.

My small business sponsored a race a few years ago and Trevor was the winning owner. I found myself having to present the miniature framed picture of a Maiden in the provinces to the co-owner-trainer of Sunline!  Trevor was all smiles and very graciously (and without the slightest offence) suggested I could keep the framed pic because it had my business's name on it! He always said Hi and had a catch-up whenever our little group met him at the races, win lose or draw. RIP, Trevor.

• Like 3