Bit Of A Yarn

The fearless and dominant response from Greyhound NZ.

aquaman

Today we learn that big bad Brendon has incurred the wrath of Greyhounds NZ. They have finally decided to pull their collective heads out of the sand and have had him warned off from all race tracks in NZ. After weeks of outrage from the news media, and calls for the banning of Greyhound racing in all forms, the board have finally acted and hit the Cole empire with a wet bus ticket.

The rule the board have invoked is 21, d. Powers and duties of the Board. Under this rule, the board may vary the conditions of the warning off as they see fit. On one extreme they can go the whole 9 yards, and effectively shut him down, or they can go the other way and vary the conditions to make it selective on what he can do or can't. They appear to have chosen the latter in Brendons case. They also appear to have not applied the same sanctions to the licensed trainer Lisa Cole whom is married to Brendon, thereby allowing the kennel to have the least disruption possible. You can read from this what you want, but from where I sit, it looks like the board are creating a smoke screen in that they appear to being harsh, when in reality they are doing very little. It is a snow job, designed to appease a howling public, putting the fire out with heavy breathing.

When the news media, and animal welfare interests digest this insipid attempt by Greyhound NZ to douse the fire, you will find it back firing on them. They would of been better to do nothing. This only reinforce's the view that the Board of Greyhound NZ are only concerned with the least disruption with dog numbers in the CD, rather than their responsibility and DUTY to protect the reputation of Greyhound racing in NZ.

This has been so badly managed from start to finish, it defies belief, and the miss management continues. I will be most surprised that when it features on 3 News next, that they are not awake to what is going on here, that they the NZGRA are attempting to put out the fire by doing a claytons sanction on Brendon, but allowing business as usual at the Cole kennels. The Greyhound people, by that I mean the honest folk that love their dogs and do things right are being poorly led by a bent dysfunctional Board. They need to be cleaned out, you deserve better.

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 2

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

Today we learn that big bad Brendon has incurred the wrath of Greyhounds NZ. They have finally decided to pull their collective heads out of the sand and have had him warned off from all race tracks in NZ. After weeks of outrage from the news media, and calls for the banning of Greyhound racing in all forms, the board have finally acted and hit the Cole empire with a wet bus ticket.

The rule the board have invoked is 21, d. Powers and duties of the Board. Under this rule, the board may vary the conditions of the warning off as they see fit. On one extreme they can go the whole 9 yards, and effectively shut him down, or they can go the other way and vary the conditions to make it selective on what he can do or can't. They appear to have chosen the latter in Brendons case. They also appear to have not applied the same sanctions to the licensed trainer Lisa Cole whom is married to Brendon, thereby allowing the kennel to have the least disruption possible. You can read from this what you want, but from where I sit, it looks like the board are creating a smoke screen in that they appear to being harsh, when in reality they are doing very little. It is a snow job, designed to appease a howling public, putting the fire out with heavy breathing.

When the news media, and animal welfare interests digest this insipid attempt by Greyhound NZ to douse the fire, you will find it back firing on them. They would of been better to do nothing. This only reinforce's the view that the Board of Greyhound NZ are only concerned with the least disruption with dog numbers in the CD, rather than their responsibility and DUTY to protect the reputation of Greyhound racing in NZ.

This has been so badly managed from start to finish, it defies belief, and the miss management continues. I will be most surprised that when it features on 3 News next, that they are not awake to what is going on here, that they the NZGRA are attempting to put out the fire by doing a claytons sanction on Brendon, but allowing business as usual at the Cole kennels. The Greyhound people, by that I mean the honest folk that love their dogs and do things right are being poorly led by a bent dysfunctional Board. They need to be cleaned out, you deserve better.

While GRNZ are spineless with their action against the live baiter, my money is on the spca nailing him to the wall and hopefully he’ll be sharing a cell with bubba in the not too distant future 

Brendon, if you read this better get yourself a soap on a rope buddy

Edited by Kiwigreys
  • Haha 1

Guest CrossCodes

I think you will find this is just something that had been done to appease the masses.

The real test of their metal will be what they do once the SPCA case has been heard and Cole and his family found guilty.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

So even though he has been warned off he can still attend HIS training establishment?

At this point yes. He cannot enter the track to trial or race. It's not what the masses want but it is a start. In the interim, we do not have to see or hear his smug, arrogant self, and I can live with that for now. Wasn't so long ago he was spouting that the case would never see the light of day, he was going to sue everyone and anyone involved, and where would the industry be without him. Well, Mr. Uphimself has come a cropper and it will be destroying his narcissistic bigtime ego to not be allowed on the track. I'm picking that there may be further action dependent on his court appearance in May. We are all yet to hear the charges.

• 2 weeks later...

It's time for further response from the RIU/GRNZ.

As I understand it, Brendon plead not guilty via his lawyers, so there will be no hearing on the 7th.

Next (first) appearance on 24 June.

Both the court & newspaper said it is unlikely the case will be heard this year.

Important enough info for a blip on the TV3 news possibly?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 4:39 PM, Cheats onion rings said:

Maybe it's time the white poodle photo was released  to the general public of NZ

Maybe it's time the white poodle photo was released  to the general public of NZ

Why hasn’t it been released to the general public...Nzga....too scared....

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Think about it.How is this going to help greyhound racing.

So now your showing concern regarding a photo that will show the public what Brendon and Lisa Cole are really about. 

He’s an absolute prick who just shows contempt to everyone and anything .

Yes maybe it should be on the front page spread of the Herald too let the country know  what the participants are having to tolerate because people in Wellington have no spine .

Print it and clear the decks .

Coles lackie Rendle needs his face up there as well as it’s certainly a threesome business venture.

• Like 1

The photos will all see the light of day soon enough. Releasing the rest now would only harm the participants and the SPCA case. The narcissists at the heart of this debacle cannot be allowed an out because those watching lack patience. Let the SPCA do their job. 

Of concern. A kennel that has been found guilty of three positives and was treated very leniently by the system only to produce a 4th. A kennel that was brazenly strutting their stuff in the name of team Cole on Friday night. A kennel who has transferred all their dogs to other trainers. A kennel that has allegedly said they refuse to pay the original fine. Another kick in the guts for participants. The rift just gets bigger. I feel sick watching the industry unravel. Why is this behaviour allowed to continue? That action was raising the finger to you all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Think about it.How is this going to help greyhound racing.

To be honest you need to think about it , what have Brendon and Lisa Cole done for the Greyhound Industry in New Zealand.

They have solely bought Greyhounds to its knees , and he wouldn’t give a continental about it . 

I personally doubt weather there will be Greyhounds after it all comes out .

• Like 1

Posting for interest sake. On October 1, 2018 a raft of new animal welfare laws came into effect. There have been several successful prosecutions since. This link is to a case that resulted in the defendant being issued with a lifetime animal ownership ban. Cruelty in any form is a criminal offense, the maximum penalty being jail time. These prosecutions send out a clear message, engage and the law will come down hard. Cruelty for pecuniary gain is a confinement offense at the top end of the scale. Anyone in our industry who thinks such action is OK should be banned for life, the penalties should mirror statute law. There is no room for excuses.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/112905838/huntly-man-banned-for-life-from-owning-animals-after-botched-tail-dock?cid=facebook.post&fbclid=IwAR2KAArFLyUxSm6RVVxU3Ois0vCPG40rc6Ogn5bYa5IT9N9E2Ud2czeiick

• Like 1