Bit Of A Yarn

Turn It Up or Turn it Out or Turn Me Off?

So the horse, described by Mick Guerin as a 'superstar' in his NZ Herald article is gone for the year. Well, just give him some ACS and he will be back for the Cup with a Lazarus like recovery.

If Turn It Up is a superstar it just shows how sad the game is when a horse who has no public interest behind it is being described this way. Very good horse? For sure, but a superstar? You have got to be kidding.

The most depressing line from the article is this 'His withdrawal still leaves the All Stars with the two NZ favourites in Miracle Mile winner Spankem and defending Cup champion The fixer'

The boredom continues.

• Champ Post 2

6 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

Brodie help us answer why list Is getting longers

The AllStars horses I am sure are subjected to heavy workouts, as well as the racing.

Everyone involved in the industry are well aware that it is not what advantages the AS horses are given it is more what they aren’t given.

You only need to look at their fillies and mares, for some reason they all look like stallions!

The best thing about the racing at the moment is that they don’t seem to race this time of year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

interesting to hear that horse was unsound most of its racing this year so how did it keep racing ?? shez all rock has been retired too and Kayla Marie 

I think that is a bit harsh Hunter. Kayla Marie has done a good job but she is unlikely to be competitive up in the grades... few mares are unless they have the ability of the likes of Carabella, Armalight, Adore Me and Blossom Lady. The Whitecocks are breeders and I think it makes sense to retire Kayla Marie to the breeding paddock. After all, they still have Princess Tiffany racing and KM is not in her league. Younger mares have more chance of leaving good stock too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Ask FTM or JJF about ACS and the AS.

All for one and one for all.

I'm not sure why you post this sort of stuff Happy. Am I.not entitled to my opinion on ACS either here or on another forum??

While not everyone's cup of tea  FTM outed himself some time ago and no longer  posts yet you and a few  others on here for some reason   still obsess about him  on a regular basis. That I just don't understand. Can I ask you why??

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

I'm not sure why you post this sort of stuff Happy. Am I.not entitled to my opinion on ACS either here or on another forum??

While not everyone's cup of tea  FTM outed himself some time ago and no longer  posts yet you and a few  others on here for some reason   still obsess about him  on a regular basis. That I just don't understand. Can I ask you why??

Greg

well greg it is like this ftm was running the show and not letting posters have there say just like when your on trackside letting mick run the show 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

You will work it out one day. 

Who is Hunter the Punter on Racecafe? Ask the moron who uses that name whether they have an obesession. See, people like you only see things they want to. A very smilar trait to FTM.

I have no time for it.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

16 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You will work it out one day. 

Who is Hunter the Punter on Racecafe? Ask the moron who uses that name whether they have an obesession. See, people like you only see things they want to. A very smilar trait to FTM.

I have no time for 

I have no interest in who Racecafe HTP Is nor who they are so can't assist you.

As for your other assertion you and a few others might want to look in the mirror. I base my posts on facts accumulated over a long period of time in the game. I listen and engage respectfully with people 

I am a fan.of MP and his stable  based on their results.  They would be the most tested stable in NZ racing in all codes yet have a remarkably clean record. 

Harness racing in NZ has a lot more pressing problems than Team AS sucesses IMHO. Continued poor governance at all levels are far more relevant 

Perhaps the demise and clean out at NZRB in  few weeks as RITA takes the reins might assist . Also the upcoming results of RIU  review  may encourage positive change.

Greg

As for your other assertion you and a few others might want to look in the mirror. I base my posts on facts accumulated over a long period of time in the game. I listen and engage respectfully with people 

I am a fan.of MP and his stable  based on their results.  They would be the most tested stable in NZ racing in all codes yet have a remarkably clean record. 

Harness racing in NZ has a lot more pressing problems than Team AS sucesses IMHO. Continued poor governance at all levels are far more relevant 

Perhaps the demise and clean out at NZRB in  few weeks as RITA takes the reins might assist . Also the upcoming results of RIU  review  may encourage positive change.

Greg

why don't you promote changes on trackside like you promote the as

Greg

Greg, you have blinkers on.

You are correct that harness racing has pressing problems, and one of the biggest is the domination of the AllStars stable.

You are wrong in your statement in regards to@ remarkably clean record.

Have you heard of Blue Magic?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

23 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I give up. You just don't get it do you. 

Last question, do you like Lachie Marshall as a commentator?

Dont get what or do you not know what your real question 

No.inaccurate  in too many of his calls.

Edited by JJ Flash

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Greg, you have blinkers on.

You are correct that harness racing has pressing problems, and one of the biggest is the domination of the AllStars stable.

You are wrong in your statement in regards to@ remarkably clean record.

Have you heard of Blue Magic?

Very selective Mr Brodie. I used the adjective remarkably. Yes there was blue magic and the injection trial.fine in Ozzie. Given the number of starters and winners they have produced in this century how many tests wpuld have been carried out even to the extent that some may well have been sent to HKG and all were negative.

Compare that  to say the Dunns in terms of positives and that's why I use the term relative. 

Greg

8 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Very selective Mr Brodie. I used the adjective remarkably. Yes there was blue magic and the injection trial.fine in Ozzie. Given the number of starters and winners they have produced in this century how many tests wpuld have been carried out even to the extent that some may well have been sent to HKG and all were negative.

Compare that  to say the Dunns in terms of positives and that's why I use the term relative. 

Greg

This passive aggressive stance is pretty tiresome Grego.  The Dunns aren't afraid to have a go, most other stables have got the white flag out and you can't blame them.

Edited by boobybec
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Callers represent an era in our own harness racing journey. They can be as iconic as the horses we remember from yesteryear.

Would love to hear a recording of a Lochie Marshall racecall. I can't remember how good a caller or otherwise he was. The one call of his that has stayed with me was when Lord Module raced at Forbury. Lochie felt Ces Devine was pulling up Lord Module in a race and not trying. He said so in his call. The one and only time I've ever heard a caller say this in a call.

People often rate Reg Clapp as a superb caller. I felt he was with his neck and neck, stride for stride but unfortunately Reg stayed on too long. He mistook the number of rounds several times and made routine errors so his legacy was somewhat tainted.

The caller I'd most like to hear a recording of is Jack O'Donnell. He covered the top of the South Island and West Coast during the 70's and 80's. "Always started his calls with "this time"..or "racing this time". Haven't heard his voice for decades and nothing on Youtube. 

I know Jack part owned Cup class pacer Happy Asset who won 14 races. Unsure if he was also involved with the awesome Take A Moment.

• Like 1