Bit Of A Yarn

Turn It Up or Turn it Out or Turn Me Off?

46 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Dont get what or do you not know what your real question 

No.inaccurate  in too many of his calls.

panicked excitement ringing in the ears of those still alive in the last 50 metre lottery where the winning post bought no certainty

Edited by Rangatira
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Very selective Mr Brodie. I used the adjective remarkably. Yes there was blue magic and the injection trial.fine in Ozzie. Given the number of starters and winners they have produced in this century how many tests wpuld have been carried out even to the extent that some may well have been sent to HKG and all were negative.

Compare that  to say the Dunns in terms of positives and that's why I use the term relative. 

Greg

Lance Armstrong!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

jj talk load of crap saying as work harder than other trainers they break every horse down that they train that's the truth as for getting caught doping with blood magic only trained 2 winners the next 6months after caught doping why don't say that on trackside greg

Edited by hunterthepunter
  • Champ Post 1

21 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

jj talk load of crap saying as work harder than other trainers they break every horse down that they train that's the truth as for getting caught doping with blood magic only trained 2 winners the next 6months after caught doping why don't say that on trackside greg

Excuse my ignorance on this but is Mr Passive / Aggressive head MP cheerleader the offsider of Mick Guerin?

9 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

I think so going by a past post on race meeting at the  mot

If so, penny should have dropped for me sooner.

Talk about vested interest. Mick will never say a word against his good mate as the daily supply of inside word would dry up quicker than you could say Jack Robinson...or JJ Flash. What a shame we don't have investigative horse racing journalists in NZ that are not already in the back pocket of the very people they should be investigating. Obviously all codes in NZ Racing are as pure as the driven snow. We are the role model for World Racing. As Mick would say ever so patronizingly...if anyone wants to compete with his good mate they need to work harder and lift their game.....or did he mean lower their game.

As for Greg O'Connor. I feel he destroys The Box Seat with his Pollyanna style. Anytime anything remotely controversial is mentioned. O'Conner immediately reaches for his favourite saying..."Moving right along"....he is the Mr Vanilla of NZ Racing. 

• Like 1

I don't know who jj flash is, but I think greg o'ccnnor is a very good presenter at the race meetings he covers.

I agree o'connor doesn't comment as much as I would like on controversial isssues, but we put things right in that respect with "a  bit of a yarn".

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

Wouldn’t think JJ is Greg!

Why would he sign his name Greg, as Wouldn’t that be a silly thing to do?

Personally think Greg is a knowledgeable and good presenter for harness racing!

He will be hamstrung by both HRNZ and the TAB as to what he is able to say!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hunterthepunter said:

I think so going by a past post on race meeting at the  mot

I noticed that as well at the time., You would think it  had to be someone at the track,and they said there name was greg.

We naturally assume he may be ,then again he may not be.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the galah said:

I don't know who jj flash is, but I think greg o'ccnnor is a very good presenter at the race meetings he covers.

I agree o'connor doesn't comment as much as I would like on controversial isssues, but we put things right in that respect with "a  bit of a yarn".

I make no mention of Greg O'Connor as a presenter. If I did on say Cup Day for example,  I would be very positive about him. The team they assemble help make Cup day viewing the pleasure that it is.

My comment is the way he steers the box seat. There are many issues that need addressing in the game that are the elephants in the room. The moment anyone even goes near it, Greg trots out his "moving right along".  Shows like Fair Go etc had appeal because they are confronting. They put people on the spot including insurance companies etc and are not put off by the barking and snaring bull mastiff. Horse racing needs a similar approach rather than the Pollyanna bullshit we've always had. The box seat is the perfect vehicle to address controversies in the industry but O'Connor is the perfect man to push the TAB's ethos that everything in racing is 100% pure. They are ostriches as they have considerable vested interest but don't expect me to be one hence my disliking of being treated as such.

As to who JJ is online. He's a leading All Star cheerleader who will still be spouting off that the absolute blue dominance in elite NZ harness racing is great for the sport when that stable is the only one left and the sport has become a novelty here. Anyone who has the audacity to express a different perspective is just envious and is subjected to his usual passive aggressive fluff throwing. 

As for the voice we have here. I appreciate it but I'm not naive enough to believe what we express here carries much weight. Nobody gives a flying fark what is said here or on that other stinking cesspit run by that idiot cartoon dog. We are just yarning.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Joe Kidd said:

I make no mention of Greg O'Connor as a presenter. If I did on say Cup Day for example,  I would be very positive about him. The team they assemble help make Cup day viewing the pleasure that it is.

My comment is the way he steers the box seat. There are many issues that need addressing in the game that are the elephants in the room. The moment anyone even goes near it, Greg trots out his "moving right along".  Shows like Fair Go etc had appeal because they are confronting. They put people on the spot including insurance companies etc and are not put off by the barking and snaring bull mastiff. Horse racing needs a similar approach rather than the Pollyanna bullshit we've always had. The box seat is the perfect vehicle to address controversies in the industry but O'Connor is the perfect man to push the TAB's ethos that everything in racing is 100% pure. They are ostriches as they have considerable vested interest but don't expect me to be one hence my disliking of being treated as such.

As to who JJ is online. He's a leading All Star cheerleader who will still be spouting off that the absolute blue dominance in elite NZ harness racing is great for the sport when that stable is the only one left and the sport has become a novelty here. Anyone who has the audacity to express a different perspective is just envious and is subjected to his usual passive aggressive fluff throwing. 

As for the voice we have here. I appreciate it but I'm not naive enough to believe what we express here carries much weight. Nobody gives a flying fark what is said here or on that other stinking cesspit run by that idiot cartoon dog. We are just yarning.

Maybe we don't carry much weight but we all value each others differing opinions . I agree with what you have said.

57 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

What was said?

One day ,a few months ago ,jj flash posted weather conditions as relates to a Canterbury race meeting,about 40 minutes before the first race started.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, the galah said:

Maybe we don't carry much weight but we all value each others differing opinions . I agree with what you have said.

One day ,a few months ago ,jj flash posted weather conditions as relates to a Canterbury race meeting,about 40 minutes before the first race started.  

Maybe he had a drive in the amateur race?

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Maybe? It had to be someone with the name greg who was on course at the time. What gregs last name is  remains a mystery.

Funny thing is I can remember what people have said on bit of a yarn from a few months ago,yet I always have to ask my wife where I left my phone or keys. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, the galah said:

Maybe?

I'm just joking

2 minutes ago, the galah said:

Funny thing is I can remember what people have said on bit of a yarn from a few months ago,yet I always have to ask my wife where I left my phone or keys. 

No worries about the losing your phone....you can't get a bet on anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Problem with JJ is that he is another that doesn't believe in free speech, make any comment about A.S and they call you jealous, envious etc..... Question the horrific rate of horses breaking down from that stable and you have an agenda! Ftm showed what the cheerleaders are about.... won't even consider another opinion and have to use dirty tricks to get their biased point across.....eg multiple personalities....I'm in England at the moment and woken up with the headache from hell... drinking pints of Newton's principia ale 8.4% last night. going to be a long day today being the only male in the family....ear plugs!

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Is the TAB site faster on the other side of the world?I 

I haven't tried yet happy, I'm sure it's still snail pace from here, I have a coral and Ladbrokes ACC from when I lived here before..... but I like going into the bookies here and writing out my own ticket on those little bits of paper with the little bookies pens...royal.Ascot next week, but I will be in st Ives and Penzance in Cornwall unfortunately! (Doesn't come close to a night at forbury!)

• Haha 2