Bit Of A Yarn

Noble Mistress - Great Race

Happy Sunrise

19 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

That was great to watch. Boy, did that horse take off and go. Looks like it can trot.

Also amusing, the announcing of the big bets on the fav who broke. So someone can put 1000s on but some can't put 2 cents on. Oh, the mysteries of the TAB

How Mitch Kerr and Matt Anderson have improved Noble Mistress.

It won like a good horse and yet it would have struggled to run another place for Maria Perriton as it had been struggling to be anywhere near competitive.

Those 2 fellahs are going to be very good trainers.

Happy, you are dead right in regard to the big bets that the TAB supposedly takes whereas others get eff all on!!

This is why I have had a campaign against the TAB with their unfair treatment of some and favourable treatment of others.

Anyway I will watch Harness Racing but as for investing with the NZ TAB, I am not going to bother as it just is not worth the effort with this new BS about having to identify yourself!!

Hope all you punters take the TAB to the cleaners!

Edited by Brodie

Wow 8 year old mare and decent time run too for a maiden, does this show the beach training improved this horse 20 plus lengths first up or the training skills of her previous owner trainer?.

1 lame workout in the last 2 months and no trials but the $$$ was on, well done to new trainer and new owner .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

How Mitch Kerr and Matt Anderson have improved Noble Mistress.

If I had been paying attention I should have backed it at those odds.

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

in regard to the big bets that the TAB supposedly takes whereas others get eff all on!

Without restarting the whole debate in a new topic, it is perplexing that some can bet lots and others can't, which means the ones that can, must lose more than they win. So, if you are not restricted and getting big bets on it means you should not be betting for your good.

Anyway, great race to watch. Love those races which are a bit different.

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Happy, you are dead right in regard to the big bets that the TAB supposedly takes whereas others get eff all on!!

This is why I have had a campaign against the TAB with their unfair treatment of some and favourable treatment of others.

Anyway I will watch Harness Racing but as for investing with the NZ TAB, I am not going to bother as it just is not worth the effort with this new BS about having to identify yourself!!

Ginned.jpg

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

That was great to watch. Boy, did that horse take off and go. Looks like it can trot.

Also amusing, the announcing of the big bets on the fav who broke. So someone can put 1000s on but some can't put 2 cents on. Oh, the mysteries of the TAB

That thing always begins like that, but usually gasping 600m out.!!

Makes Maria Peritton look like a chimp

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dougie said:

Wow 8 year old mare and decent time run too for a maiden, does this show the beach training improved this horse 20 plus lengths first up or the training skills of her previous owner trainer?.

1 lame workout in the last 2 months and no trials but the $$$ was on, well done to new trainer and new owner .

What are the odds of Arcano, driven by Matt Anderson and trained by Mitchell Kerr, winning by 9 lengths in the last? 

23s into 14s.

There would be a bigger inquiry than Brodie's into TAB Punter's Card.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

What are the odds of Arcano, driven by Matt Anderson and trained by Mitchell Kerr, winning by 9 lengths in the last? 

23s into 14s.

There would be a bigger inquiry than Brodie's into TAB Punter's Card.

Jesus, hope you got on!!

Noble Mistress and Arcano would be the least likely of any nags racing, that could turn their form around like that????

When michael house has form turnarounds, they are mostly at Palmy. 

Interesting, all 3 anderson winners tonight, had real hard runs, still win. I remember kevin townley stable doing the same in the 80s!! Another cinimod junior story coming up, makes me want to give up on harnesd

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Hope they are swabbed

Haha the horses or the horsemen? 

Dammit Newmarket, look what you've done. Got that song stuck in me head;

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, 

And they're like, it's better than yours. 

Damn right it's better than yours."

• Haha 2

To be fair both of the horses that won were always going to be improved by Mitch and Matt, bearing in mind where they have been trained from.

Arcano has won about 9 races and although mainly Manawatu, he would be improved being trained in Canterbury.

Noble Mistress is another case as she had shown nothing.

There are a lot of horses racing that would be much improved by going into a, professional stable and some Blood Spinning!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/08/2019 at 10:34 PM, Brodie said:

To be fair both of the horses that won were always going to be improved by Mitch and Matt, bearing in mind where they have been trained from.

Arcano has won about 9 races and although mainly Manawatu, he would be improved being trained in Canterbury.

Noble Mistress is another case as she had shown nothing.

There are a lot of horses racing that would be much improved by going into a, professional stable and some Blood Spinning!

Any thoughts on Arcano today then? 

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Any thoughts on Arcano today then? 

Yep.

Mitch has probably got the best out of the horse first up.

Arcano has never been much over anything but the shorter distances as most wins over 2000m or so.

Wasnt surprised that he didn’t go that well today as he is an old horse that has never really beaten anything, has been well enough placed and you would think he would be finished now, if Mitch can’t get anymore out of him down here.

Still prob competitive at Palmy in a weak race