Bit Of A Yarn

Noble Mistress - Great Race

Happy Sunrise

14 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yep.

Mitch has probably got the best out of the horse first up.

Arcano has never been much over anything but the shorter distances as most wins over 2000m or so.

Wasnt surprised that he didn’t go that well today as he is an old horse that has never really beaten anything, has been well enough placed and you would think he would be finished now, if Mitch can’t get anymore out of him down here.

Still prob competitive at Palmy in a weak race

Last time it raced you said it improved heaps with new trainer? So it improved by 100%, wins then goes backwards 100% to where it was initially??? Bizarre

28 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Last time it raced you said it improved heaps with new trainer? So it improved by 100%, wins then goes backwards 100% to where it was initially??? Bizarre

It did improve heaps with the new trainer Mitchell Kerr, and that wouldn’t have been hard to do bearing in mind the previous trainer Newmarket.

You will notice many horses that are going to new young trainers at the moment are going very well fresh up and they go off.

Not going to name the trainers but pretty obvious from results.

When Arcano won over 1980m at Addington first up you couldn’t have liked it on the way it had been going, but with a young progressive trainer and the money on, it wasn’t that surprising.

Was Arcano good enough to race in Canterbury with the previous trainer at this time, No.

As I have said Arcano has never really been much cop over anything but a shorter distance.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Yes, well Arcarno, what can you say. 2.01.1 mile rate in the slush last start and bolts in, leads today wet track, gone 600m from home???

Would be interesting to see how the stable can explain it? Hope stipes ask the question

Haven't seen a form turnaround like that since Tiger Woods got busted by his Mrs. 

• Haha 1

Well where did that sprint come from?.  30 starts for previous trainer and had never shown a sprint. Theres some marvelous stuff happennning on the beaches Woodend way. Might go and run down that way myself and see if I can regain my former bounce.

Well done to the Kerr/Anderson team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Harewood said:

Well where did that sprint come from?.  30 starts for previous trainer and had never shown a sprint. Theres some marvelous stuff happennning on the beaches Woodend way. Might go and run down that way myself and see if I can regain my former bounce.

Fair enough if you call a 31.7 second quarter a sprint. I prefer think it was a grinding finish from a horse who had done the least work of the first four home.

12 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

Fair enough if you call a 31.7 second quarter a sprint. I prefer think it was a grinding finish from a horse who had done the least work of the first four home.

The horse had been a maiden for 30 starts and probable been in the trail more times than Ive had breakfasts and NEVER ran past a horse before. Always battled or plugged or stopped. So now a C1 and shows a sprint to pass the four horses infront of it at the turn. I would call that a big turnaround on its racing history and well done to the team to get it to find a sprint albeit a slow one when required. 

• Like 2

Would not have won a race while it was with Maria Peritton.

Never really showed anything while it was with her, and it just shows how much different trainers  can improve a horse.

There are many horses in Canterbury that could be improved dramatically with a change of trainer.

46 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Would not have won a race while it was with Maria Peritton.

Never really showed anything while it was with her, and it just shows how much different trainers  can improve a horse.

There are many horses in Canterbury that could be improved dramatically with a change of trainer.

magic oats fed out Woodend way 

Guest CrossCodes
2 hours ago, Harewood said:

Gavin Smith will be wishing he never left the beach, his horses are awful since he moved to Rangiora stables.

He was known for getting unsound horses and the beach environment suited then, not so now.