Bit Of A Yarn

Do they Need Help?

5 hours ago, PeterJenkins said:

Freda, whose suggested hanging anyone ?? Stop being so over-dramatic. You would make a good mate for ATA with his constant talk of "abuse". As The Chief has said many times we are all entitled to our own opinions. Some of us prefer to be open about our identity when making remarks. Others tend to hide behind anonymity and all the inferences that brings.

Wait PJ. Are you suggesting that the posts and opinions of identified posters are somehow more valuable than those of anonymous ones?

1 hour ago, PeterJenkins said:

what you believe is your choice Curious, but that tends to be the way the real world works.

I'm not sure why you state that 'tends to be the way' etc. Based on what?

I don't give any additional credence to a post of a person's opinion based on whether the poster is anonymous or not. I simply take the post and determine its merits myself.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting way to assess the validity of something though. Probably many of the best, well thought out and well-argued posts I've read on these sites were made by anonymous posters.

Do you have any other criteria for assessing the value of posts PJ? Gender, skin colour, type of employment, wealth etc.?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

12 minutes ago, curious said:

Interesting way to assess the validity of something though. Probably many of the best, well thought out and well-argued posts I've read on these sites were made by anonymous posters.

Do you have any other criteria for assessing the value of posts PJ? Gender, skin colour, type of employment, wealth etc.?

Do they wear blinkers?

• Haha 2