Bit Of A Yarn

Rugby World Cup Thread

Happy Sunrise

Anyone interested in talking the World Cup?

It looks like shaping to be a great World Cup. The timings of the games is pretty good for us in NZ.

I think the Eden Park trouncing of the Wallabies hides a few flaws that will be exposed in the AB's game though I am hoping I am wrong. 

The front 5 have to have a massive tournament in my view. Forget the names of Reece and Mounga etc and start hoping for Laulala and Moli to establish themselves as world class players  at the tournament.

Balls on the line....South Africa win the opening game against the ABs and they go onto win it.

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Anyone interested in talking the World Cup?

It looks like shaping to be a great World Cup. The timings of the games is pretty good for us in NZ.

I think the Eden Park trouncing of the Wallabies hides a few flaws that will be exposed in the AB's game though I am hoping I am wrong. 

The front 5 have to have a massive tournament in my view. Forget the names of Reece and Mounga etc and start hoping for Laulala and Moli to establish themselves as world class players  at the tournament.

Balls on the line....South Africa win the opening game against the ABs and they go onto win it.

South Africa by 6!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I just have a feeling England with Wylie old Edie Jones.... what about you happy?

I think England are real contenders. Almost a better team than the all blacks but I read that England play France and Argentina in a row at end off pool play then straight into either wales or Australia in quarters then semi and then final. That is 5 big games in a row so if you remember Sir Henry from years ago about just playing 3 in a row and how hard that is, how can a team win 5 in a row? Injuries and exhaustion must take its toll.

So I still favour the saffers

• Like 1

Good games so far.

I wouldn't want to tackle one of those Fijians! Dear lord.

Looked like the AB's were going to be bullied off the park in the first half but how the game turned on its head. Surprised by SA's kicking all the time. I thought they were past that.

I write this at halftime. Hoping for more of the same in the second half.

• Like 2

Despite that win I think it is going to be anyone's World Cup. 

If they play South Africa again in the final it would be 50/50 for who would win. If it were to be a wet final I would be concerned.  It is a long way out but England loom in the semi and that will be a massive test for the ABs. 

I think they need Brodie (not the restricted one) firing that is for sure.

10 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

First upset, uraguay beating Fiji.....if some of these minnow countries didn't have football and other sports way ahead of rugby as their chosen sport, there would be alot more competition for the all blacks

Great result for rugby.

That's why if the Al blacks don't win the cup it will be a massive boost for somewhere.

• Like 1