Bit Of A Yarn

Rugby World Cup Thread

Happy Sunrise

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

No need. There is no way Wales would beat NZ on that performance last night. They kicked and kicked, if they did that against NZ they would get torn apart.

Let's have a score prediction for Saturday

I say poms 26-20 I hope for a classic battle tight defence and that we still don't know who's won at halftime.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:51 PM, eljay said:

The Islands are targetted by Aussie league and the money they can get there.     Easy to play footy for big bucks, do no other work, and the cheque still keeps coming even if you are injured.     

Certainly not helped by nz schools offering scholarships to island schoolboys who then decide to stay in NZ after schooling is over

• Like 1

What a thumping, out muscled, out coached, out played.... hopefully shut up our one eyed media that calls the all blacks "god like" and we can get back to being down to earth and treating other countries teams with a bit of respect...(the NZ media I'm talking about) and hopefully we take the loss on the chin like every other country does and don't blame food poisoning or the ref blah blah blah like we usually do!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

13 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

What a thumping, out muscled, out coached, out played.... hopefully shut up our one eyed media that calls the all blacks "god like" and we can get back to being down to earth and treating other countries teams with a bit of respect...(the NZ media I'm talking about) and hopefully we take the loss on the chin like every other country does and don't blame food poisoning or the ref blah blah blah like we usually do!

But,but,but they were disrespectful to our HAKA,according to some on the airwaves this morning.

What a joke.

Change is in the AIR.

Goodbye Sonny Bill.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

The ball didn't bounce our way.

A couple of questionable calls went against us.

Most importantly, we had our arses handed to us by the far better team on the day, the one that actually looked as though they wanted to win.

#outclassed

Enjoy your flight home boys. Instead of practicing your Haka on the return flight how about practicing hanging your head in shame?

Richie never was the most skilled player in any of the games he played, but now it's become clearer than ever, he was always one of the most important members on any of those teams.

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 1

Good on England, they took their opportunities, however, what am I missing, is it just me? in 80 minutes of rugby how many penalty shots at goal did Richie have? So the Poms played error free and fault free did they?

While NZ would never have won, [too many mistakes] the Red Rose are never faultless.....the Ref even thought the blatant shepherd was ok......to me it was piss poor refereeing, and that's being forgiving.......AB's would flog England 8 times out of 10.......history repeats. Yesterday was the Poms grand final, The Bokke will do them slowly.

Come on guys, step out of the bubble and take the patch off the eye! This is tournament  rugby and England did to NZ what NZ does to most teams on nearly every occasion. Superior in nearly  all areas and wanted it more on the day. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but well done England.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Mooncoin said:

Come on guys, step out of the bubble and take the patch off the eye! This is tournament  rugby and England did to NZ what NZ does to most teams on nearly every occasion. Superior in nearly  all areas and wanted it more on the day. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but well done England.

Yes Mooney, I endured a fair few football world cups in my 20 + years living in the UK and the poms still wallowed in 1969 glory, but even when knocked out of the European championship or world cup the people I knew anyway always could make a joke out of it and have a good laugh....you can't win every time and you can't blame the ref, sometimes you win sometimes you lose.....but the sun will still come up tomorrow ? good on the poms they were simply far far superior on every facet of the game

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes Mooney, I endured a fair few football world cups in my 20 + years living in the UK and the poms still wallowed in 1969 glory, but even when knocked out of the European championship or world cup the people I knew anyway always could make a joke out of it and have a good laugh....you can't win every time and you can't blame the ref, sometimes you win sometimes you lose.....but the sun will still come up tomorrow ? good on the poms they were simply far far superior on every facet of the game

Agree Flag,  year was 66 a long time between  drinks!?

9 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Enjoy your flight home boys. Instead of practicing your Haka on the return flight how about practicing hanging your head in shame?

I agree with nearly everything you say YK but not the bit about hanging your head in shame. In the context of it being a game of rugby there is no need.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I agree with nearly everything you say YK but not the bit about hanging your head in shame. In the context of it being a game of rugby there is no need

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I agree with nearly everything you say YK but not the bit about hanging your head in shame. In the context of it being a game of rugby there is no need.

So who will the all blacks be playing for 3rd? All most an insult to make losing semifinalists have to play such a non event!!

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Well the tab has the the boks at $2.5 to win final and England $1.48 not bad value for boks Rassie Erasmus just as Wylie as Eddie Jones...even though semi not that impressive anything can happen in the final.

$1.48 is great money....now where is that loose $100 000 I have..

That semi was pure dross. Wales got to the outside of SA's backs prettily easily but couldn't capitalise except in their try. England will stuff them.