Bit Of A Yarn

Rugby World Cup Thread

Happy Sunrise

Namibia put up a great first half against the a.bs, for a bunch of farmers, hard tough men those Afrikaners that live in Namibia, really loved how they took it to NZ who arrogantly thought their shit didn't stink and all they had to do was walk on to the pitch to win.... and Tonga only losing by one point to the French, I love watching those small teams take it to the big fish.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Namibia put up a great first half against the a.bs, for a bunch of farmers, hard tough men those Afrikaners that live in Namibia, really loved how they took it to NZ who arrogantly thought their shit didn't stink and all they had to do was walk on to the pitch to win.... and Tonga only losing by one point to the French, I love watching those small teams take it to the big fish.

22 minutes ago, eljay said:

But, as the Dark Destroyer says "It was just another day at the office"

A game that will never be remembered except for a very good try against amateurs. See they are trying to label it the best World Cup try ever which is ridiculous.

The big tests are yet to come and I am not convinced. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 1:15 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

See the BBC are saying the France v England game is off on Saturday.  Wonder about poor old Scotland as they might be going home if other games are off too.

Well game on, at least a chance for the Scots, would have been a shit way to go out of the world cup not playing all your games with the chance to go through. Uraguay doing a great  job against Wales....if some of these countries didn't have football as a no1 sport it would make life interesting for world rugby

20 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Can you back the English this week too please? 

Maybe you can ask for a tax deduction from the government since you saving the country millions in mental health and productivity costs each week.

?

What turns me off about all blacks now is the media, we used to be a humble Nation and just get on with the job,  now they are compared to "gods" every 2 minutes by our one eyed media, takes away the gloss of any win because of the over hype. 

Screenshot_20191020-095934-769.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

What turns me off about all blacks now is the media, we used to be a humble Nation and just get on with the job,  now they are compared to "gods" every 2 minutes by our one eyed media, takes away the gloss of any win because of the over hype. 

Agree.  

And  what is worse they are crapping on about the disrespect to the Haka. I need a bucket when they get so precious about it. The Irish etc can do whatever they want. No wonder the world gets sick to death of the Haka. 

As for the Irish it is a lot like horse betting when looking at the rugby. The reality that was ignored pre game was Ireland were in decline. They had leaked 50 odd points to England, lost to Japan and had 'played well' against Samoa who are rubbish. Bit like those false favourites who are made short in the odds by the public due to what they perceive instead of reality..

England on the other hand have pace to burn in the outsides, young up and comers in the loosies , a block buster in Tuilagi and a hard nose in Farrell. The English were the best players in the Lions in NZ and have experience to match NZ. It will be close and a great game. Very much in the balance.

Ireland and Australia were never going to win 3 tough games in a row to win the World Cup as they are brittle. Wales and South Africa are the only 2 other teams who could do 3 in a row.

39 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Agree.  

And  what is worse they are crapping on about the disrespect to the Haka. I need a bucket when they get so precious about it. The Irish etc can do whatever they want. No wonder the world gets sick to death of the Haka. 

As for the Irish it is a lot like horse betting when looking at the rugby. The reality that was ignored pre game was Ireland were in decline. They had leaked 50 odd points to England, lost to Japan and had 'played well' against Samoa who are rubbish. Bit like those false favourites who are made short in the odds by the public due to what they perceive instead of reality..

England on the other hand have pace to burn in the outsides, young up and comers in the loosies , a block buster in Tuilagi and a hard nose in Farrell. The English were the best players in the Lions in NZ and have experience to match NZ. It will be close and a great game. Very much in the balance.

Ireland and Australia were never going to win 3 tough games in a row to win the World Cup as they are brittle. Wales and South Africa are the only 2 other teams who could do 3 in a row.

But they seem to be peaking at the right time, the England match on paper is the match of the tournament. Wales the dark horse.... unless the snail eaters turn up tonight.

43 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes, I don't think the saffa's were that impressive either, probably the world cup final for NZ this week, should be winning the final if they beat the English!

Probably true but with the classifying of the NZ V England semi as a 'final' then the let down the next week could leave either team vulnerable.