Bit Of A Yarn

Star Galleria

Richie

Some team driving in that race.  Not just the all stars that team drive. Maurrice McKendry clearly sacrificed any chance Bare knuckle had to give its stablemate a good run,and andre poutama gave up the perfect 1/1 sit on Check in to go 5 back the fence, I guess the stable got the win with the one they expected,although the way the race was run could just have easily been its stablemate .

Star galleria went very well.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, the galah said:

Some team driving in that race.  Not just the all stars that team drive. Maurrice McKendry clearly sacrificed any chance Bare knuckle had to give its stablemate a good run,and andre poutama gave up the perfect 1/1 sit on Check in to go 5 back the fence, I guess the stable got the win with the one they expected,although the way the race was run could just have easily been its stablemate .

Star galleria went very well.

Sounds like you can drive better than the professionals that actually are doing the driving. Not all of the drivers team drive get your facts right before you throw that out there.

3 hours ago, Pasketti said:

So he knows the ins and out of every driver and horse....must be superman. So annoying the negativity. Maybe the horse that one was just the best one on the night god forbid 

I thought anyone with any judgment watching that race could work out McKendry drove a shocker in keeping the lead when he could have got the perfect sit behind the horse that won impressively last week. And the reason for his dumb tactics were intended to give his stablemate the trail.

As to andee poutama. Do you really  think it was an intelligent move to go 4 or 5 back the fence when the obvious 1/1 sit was there for the taking? Come on ,it was also dumb. 

And yes you are right, i do think I know the ins and outs of every driver/horse.  

I think every horse should be driven on its own merits,not to assist stablemates. And we all know team driving happens a lot. Its one of my pet hates. Team driving is the cause of negativity, so blame them.

I never stated the winner was not the best horse,so don't know why you infer I did.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, the galah said:

I thought anyone with any judgment watching that race could work out McKendry drove a shocker in keeping the lead when he could have got the perfect sit behind the horse that won impressively last week. And the reason for his dumb tactics were intended to give his stablemate the trail.

As to andee poutama. Do you really  think it was an intelligent move to go 4 or 5 back the fence when the obvious 1/1 sit was there for the taking? Come on ,it was also dumb. 

And yes you are right, i do think I know the ins and outs of every driver/horse.  

I think every horse should be driven on its own merits,not to assist stablemates. And we all know team driving happens a lot. Its one of my pet hates. Team driving is the cause of negativity, so blame them.

I never stated the winner was not the best horse,so don't know why you infer I did.

So why assume team driving why not just say it was a bad drive? There is a huge Difference. 

23 hours ago, the galah said:

andre poutama gave up the perfect 1/1 sit on Check in to go 5 back the fence

It is very questionable. Yet, no questions asked I see. 

25 minutes ago, Pasketti said:

So why assume team driving why not just say it was a bad drive?

How does this happen with the horse 4 back on the inside (eventual winner) in a very short distance? Is it that easy to push out when no horse is making a move? I don't see this very often. Why does it not happen more often?

My armchair is asking.

image.png.175370bfdb1b248aa9a0ab6b262ee47d.png

image.png.6e6a8f4f65d9f468f112331ac87b81b6.png

image.png.fa75d5e7be63b90b41c40358bda5aac8.png

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Pasketti said:

So why assume team driving why not just say it was a bad drive? There is a huge Difference. 

I believe both were team driving and both were bads drives. Both drives snuffed out both horses chances

7 minutes ago, Pasketti said:

This sites pathetic. I’m back to racecafe much more positivity on there. North Island racing battling enough without everyone be a critic. 

Heres the title of the last 7 threads currently on racecafe.  U may ccollect, Auckland update, What a joke, Addington acceptance fees, Hannon driver tactics,Hardly worth it,and betterstartdreaming(about poor driving).  

Hardly positivity .Your better off sticking to bit of a yarn.

• Champ Post 2

Pasketti,

I don't see how this site is pathetic when someone put forwards comment about race tactics. You have only said it was a bad drive rather than team driving. 

So if Poutama's drive is considerd 'bad' for dropping down to 4 or 5 back on the rails early on when he would have been well placed on the outside, do you think he should have been questioned by the stipes about his decision making? From a punter's point of view it is quite frustrating.

Could you answer my questions in my above post? I am interested in knowing the answer as I am asking genuinely.

When an astute person like Galah points things out it is worth listening to and then debating if one feels the need.

As for Racecafe being much more positive - I suggest you read the threads on there and reconsider your comment.

Nobody wants to see North Island harness battle as it is vital for the industry as a whole. I don't have any inside knowledge of the true state of the game  but with what I read about the development and debt I would be afraid to pull up the carpet to see what might really be there. I just don't think blaming this thread and BOAY is the answer.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

How will Awesome Impee  and Stevie Lynn go tomorrow?

I have awesome impee rated 2nd behind one of your old favorites flying mandy. Of course we both know flying mandy is very risky,and I think better coming from behind.

Stevie lynn. Ive got it rated about 7th.Quite a few chances in that race. Ive got calypso rock(draw bad though),jive,carita fraud and For today as my top 5. So i'm picking 1/3 of the field which makes it confusing.

• Champ Post 2

7 minutes ago, the galah said:

I have awesome impee rated 2nd behind one of your old favorites flying mandy. Of course we both know flying mandy is very risky,and I think better coming from behind.

Stevie lynn. Ive got it rated about 7th.Quite a few chances in that race. Ive got calypso rock(draw bad though),jive,carita fraud and For today as my top 5. So i'm picking 1/3 of the field which makes it confusing.

Mandy's manners.... Leading not her go  you are right there.

Very interesting to hear your thoughts. Cheers.?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pasketti said:

This sites pathetic. I’m back to racecafe much more positivity on there. North Island racing battling enough without everyone be a critic. 

Unfortunately as people that fund the sport we have the right to scrutinize what we see, it must be a tough job as a trainer or driver I imagine as I have never been one, but same as anyone in any job you are always under the microscope, rightly or wrongly. With the amount of races every week there is actually very little criticism

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

It is very questionable. Yet, no questions asked I see. 

How does this happen with the horse 4 back on the inside (eventual winner) in a very short distance? Is it that easy to push out when no horse is making a move? I don't see this very often. Why does it not happen more often?

My armchair is asking.

image.png.175370bfdb1b248aa9a0ab6b262ee47d.png

image.png.6e6a8f4f65d9f468f112331ac87b81b6.png

image.png.fa75d5e7be63b90b41c40358bda5aac8.png

David Butcher a master of the barge out when he is on a winner.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

We were gifted in the north at one point with old Wolfie and many other good uns herlihy and Maurie Mac in nappies coming through

They just need to make a proper pathway for the young ones to come through in the north who will replace the great ones but that is just a minor part of the bigger picture.

The question is whether the bigger picture is taken care of. I thought it was with the development and increased stakes. Then they could redistribute money to areas where they needed it? Am I wrong?

• Like 2