Bit Of A Yarn

Whats happening

We can only hope this is not true, a club board member should surely have more scruples.

If he has the ability to still nominate the dog once it is no longer in his care then aside from the obvious field manipulation he would also be subject to fine for not notifying the change of kennel?

Guest CrossCodes
2 hours ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

You guys are unreal , Thrilling billy nominated twice in the last 2 weeks while in foster care off mayhounds according to there facebook post , hope he was'nt used to make up a field by his former trainer to make up a c5 race ?  , expecially when the dogs not in his kennel , fraud comes to mind .

This really has to be looked into.

Should be easy enough to prove to if it is evidenced online, surely they wouldn’t be so naive and/or over-confident to assume they can get away with this?

Also considering the dog named in question broke down at its last start,  is being nominated so quickly after this and no questions asked before?

2 hours ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

You guys are unreal , Thrilling billy nominated twice in the last 2 weeks while in foster care off mayhounds according to there facebook post , hope he was'nt used to make up a field by his former trainer to make up a c5 race ?  , expecially when the dogs not in his kennel , fraud comes to mind .

Could you please provide a link to the Mayhounds Facebook post (either in this thread or via PM)?

1 hour ago, Bettingman said:

We can only hope this is not true, a club board member should surely have more scruples.

If he has the ability to still nominate the dog once it is no longer in his care then aside from the obvious field manipulation he would also be subject to fine for not notifying the change of kennel?

It is true alright , you would also have to ask the credibility of mayhounds , a charitable organisation to be involved in this ?

If that's the case, then either Mayhounds or it's trainer would have to be lying.

If it's the trainer, I wouldn't go as far as to implicate Mayhounds for it without some proof. If the trainer hadn't deregistered the dog & put it into foster care, surely Mayhounds wouldn't be responsible for further action of the trainer.

That's why I asked for a link, as I couldn't find the evidence you've claimed to find. That said, I far from a Facebook expert & I don't even have an account with them. Obviously you've seen it somewhere, I'd just like to see what you've seen and do some comparisons on the dates (timeline).

28 minutes ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

t is true alright , you would also have to ask the credibility of mayhounds , a charitable organisation to be involved in this ?

Why ask about mayhounds credibility , they have nothing to do with nomming or racing dogs do they ? The nominating of the dog is down to the trainer is it not ? 

7 minutes ago, fur que said:

Why ask about mayhounds credibility , they have nothing to do with nomming or racing dogs do they ? The nominating of the dog is down to the trainer is it not ? 

Sorry if the dog is in there care there is no way it should be nominated so it is there problem , only way that could happen is coherence, that is the point , one week maybe excusable  , two weeks in a row is criminal, i don't understand how this dog has been used twice to make fields up for his x trainer ,over here when a dog goes to a rehoming organization  then thats it its registration  to race is canceled , as i said this is fraud.

13 minutes ago, fur que said:

On the trainers part maybe but still can't see how rehoming people are to blame ? They have nothing to do with nominating a dog for a race . 

Common, when a dog goes to a rehoming agent it is no longer a registered race dog , are you telling me the rehoming agency did not know the trainer had nominated the dog the first week , second week no excuse , i believe mayhounds director is actively involved in the greyhound  racing industry , true or false ? So how could she not know the dog was being used to make fields up .

As far as I could quickly see, he was last scratched on Thursday 3/10 from a C5 Cambridge field.

That would mean that nominations would have closed for that meeting on Monday 30/09.

The first screen shot CC's provided is time-stamped on 7/10.

So provided he wasn't with a rehoming agency on or before 30/09 things would be kosher, right?  

37 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

As far as I could quickly see, he was last scratched on Thursday 3/10 from a C5 Cambridge field.

That would mean that nominations would have closed for that meeting on Monday 30/09.

The first screen shot CC's provided is time-stamped on 7/10.

So provided he wasn't with a rehoming agency on or before 30/09 things would be kosher, right?  

Yankiwi he’s drawn to race tomorrow at Cambridge.  Hope his foster parents have been keeping his fitness up!!

To my knowledge it is up to the owner or trainer to deregister a dog with GRNZ when it is rehomed, failure to do this would mean the dog would remain in his/her name therefore they could continue to nominate.  I don’t think you can blame a rehoming agency. 

Surely he stewards can check with the vet to see when he he desexed and that would give all the evidence needed.

3 hours ago, Bettingman said:

Yankiwi he’s drawn to race tomorrow at Cambridge.  Hope his foster parents have been keeping his fitness up!!

To my knowledge it is up to the owner or trainer to deregister a dog with GRNZ when it is rehomed, failure to do this would mean the dog would remain in his/her name therefore they could continue to nominate.  I don’t think you can blame a rehoming agency. 

Surely he stewards can check with the vet to see when he he desexed and that would give all the evidence needed.

Its still registered to race by the looks of the profile on the grnz website

THRILLING BILLY Race 10 # 4 tomorrow at Cambridge.Racebook details.Trainer P Ferguson.Owners P Ferguson & I O'Neill.Same combination as Group 1 Waterloo Cup Winner Robson earlier this month.This Cambridge Race tomorrow has 8 entrants,no reserves.Tainer P Ferguson supplies 3 of these entrants,and I O'Neill also shares ownership of Trojan's Magic.Totally easy to see why Aussie Aussie Aussie 'smelt a rat' in his opening post here.So do I.(unless the posts and photos of Thrilling Billy being rehomed are mistaken identity!!)

Didn't realize he was drawn to a field tomorrow.

Trainer should get done & deported to Foxton!

Also in my opinion, any other entrants the same trainer has in that race should be scratched by the RIU as well.

That is field manipulation at it's finest, sometimes called race or match fixing.

Someone ring INCA!

If true just another example of the type of rorts we have all become accustomed too, I hope the RIU finally put a stop to this kinda stuff. It has an insidious effect that others think well if it's ok for this person or that person to push the boundaries then why not me and we are left with a sport full of rorters while honest folk feel left out and driven away.

1 hour ago, bamboozla said:

If true just another example of the type of rorts we have all become accustomed too, I hope the RIU finally put a stop to this kinda stuff. It has an insidious effect that others think well if it's ok for this person or that person to push the boundaries then why not me and we are left with a sport full of rorters while honest folk feel left out and driven away.

The big worry for me is if the dog was nominated after the reopening of noms , it is more criminal because the trainer would have known there was not enough noms for a race so to use a dog that was never going to race was deliberate  manipulation. 

• Like 1