Bit Of A Yarn

Whats happening

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

Its a bit like saying, he went to the house, raped the wife, beat the husband to a pulp, and is fined $300. You would go a long way to find a more blatant corrupt decision than this.

If GRNZ was across it they would take on the RIU just like they did with blazin carter, unless they agree that the RIU are right of course.
Theres a GRNZ board member thats on the RIU Board isnt there, hes up for relection!

The GRNZ board has a integrity committee.

Which members are they?

Why haven't they been heard from?

image.png.83e8f3a63e58ec6bc8def9ba76456804.png

At the end of the day, what had transpired was match fixing (race fixing - field manipulation).

If the RIU and/or the GRNZ boards integrity committee doesn't have the balls to treat it as such, well I've got some news for them, I do...

I've been stone-walled by the new racing operations manager (integrity seems well above his depth) & the new CEO (who didn't even bother to reply to my concerns).

Unless one of the crooked lot steps up & treats this CRIME in the manner a serious breach of GRNZ rules should be dealt with, next weekend I will be emailing harness@police.govt.nz with my concerns. After such an action, the crooked lot of them could start answering questions to those who don't allow things to simply be swept under the carpet.

Surely the ICNA lot might very interested considering the trainer who was involved.

https://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/seven-charged-operation-inca

image.png.aeef90ecb73b558b2dffb9bbf1d7a78f.png

image.png

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Champ Post 1

You have to wonder what exactly it would take to get a big fine and a disqualification as a trainer, we have seen prize money returned in the case of positive swabs accidental or otherwise but I can't recall many offenses that have brought substantial fines or disqualifications. To rort a race field, be found guilty of a fraud that strikes squarely at the integrity of the code and get a fine not much larger than a dress code fine or weight variation seems implausible. If a punter committed a fraud against the TAB they would be warned off and banned for life no doubt yet a trainer can commit a fraud against his fellow participants and the sport and he walks virtually unpunished.

33 minutes ago, Lad27 said:

Mehe, be the first I've seen nominating a retired greyhound. Especially seeing that dog was on facebook retired.

Lad it has happened before 

There all sorts of ways around this type of thing cole done it in a racing series final where he scratched two dogs he didnt breed and one he sold so what happend in the end the 9 dog he breed  came into box 1 and bolted in  so glad is that not race fixing 

Edited by Mehe

Guest CrossCodes

It just proves how toothless and gutless our Stipes are, as well as the RIU.

If Ferguson had done this in Australia, he would have been out for life, it’s down right fraud.

We seem to be under the same umbrella but our lacklustre officials seem to not want to/and or choose to not enforce the rules.

Its an absolute farce to be honest, maybe the fact it’s a harness person involved they are being lenient on him, there must be some reason, because on face value it is just a free for all now in regards to the rules, trainers just do what the hell they like knowing a measly fine will be the result if they get caught.

4 hours ago, bamboozla said:

You have to wonder what exactly it would take to get a big fine and a disqualification as a trainer, we have seen prize money returned in the case of positive swabs accidental or otherwise but I can't recall many offenses that have brought substantial fines or disqualifications. To rort a race field, be found guilty of a fraud that strikes squarely at the integrity of the code and get a fine not much larger than a dress code fine or weight variation seems implausible. If a punter committed a fraud against the TAB they would be warned off and banned for life no doubt yet a trainer can commit a fraud against his fellow participants and the sport and he walks virtually unpunished.

You do have to wonder..

If we were in Aussie they have racing integrity commisioner who deals with this sort of thing, its something that would be right up his street. Surely winnie is our best bet?

1 hour ago, Mehe said:

Lad it has happened before 

There all sorts of ways around this type of thing cole done it in a racing series final where he scratched two dogs he didnt breed and one he sold so what happend in the end the 9 dog he breed  came into box 1 and bolted in  so glad is that not race fixing 

Gee , exactly which race was that ? 

Similar thing happened in harness racing a while back - trainers nominating multiple horses to make sure a Junior Driver race (penalty free for the winner) got off the ground ..... when it was known that at least one of the horses nominated wasn't even in work or had only just come back into work (memory fading with age).  Horse(s) were scratched once fields were declared. 

Edited by Taku Umanga

8 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

Similar thing happened in harness racing a while back - trainers nominating multiple horses to make sure a Junior Driver race (penalty free for the winner) got off the ground ..... when it was known that at least one of the horses nominated wasn't even in work or had only just come back into work (memory fading with age).  Horse(s) were scratched once fields were declared. 

Yes that happens but with the nz breeders races the breeder gets money as well 

This happend I think August last year 

3 hours ago, fur que said:

Exactly when please , would like to look it up ? Do you think or know , big difference . 

Sorry I was away off with the date it was the 26/3/18 

Now at the time the 3 dogs got 28 day stand down  then that was changed with at least one of the dogs 

5 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Sorry I was away off with the date it was the 26/3/18 

Now at the time the 3 dogs got 28 day stand down  then that was changed with at least one of the dogs 

Sorry dont know why that date came up it was 26th January 2018

• 2 weeks later...

Well well we’ll, what an interesting week having the northerners down here (I will not name which ones), they had a fair bit to say, very displeased that Pete the cheat has stood again for Waikato Vice President after telling everyone he was standing down - I doubt anyone is shocked that his word is no good. 

Word is Thrilling Billy broke down in his last start (22nd August), retired immediately, was desexed that week and sent to Auckland for foster care while awaiting mayhounds intake  - he hadn’t been in Ferguson’s kennel for months prior to the scratching incident. 

Pete the cheat apparently got a tip off the day before the stewards came for him and fabricated a great cover story to cover his butt!

He really did make the stipes look stupid.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Karma's Date with PETE THE CHEAT.

Am so pleased that Ferguson (and same co-owner as Thrilling Billy) do not get to line up their star performer Robson in NZ Cup Final next week.As a recent Group One Winner (Waterloo Cup),he was a strong candidate to taste Group One success again,and then earn 2019/20 Greyhound of Year Honours.How Officials only 'punished' this FRAUDULENT CHEATING ACT with a pathetic $300  fine still beggars belief!!!

2 hours ago, Taupiri Wonder said:

How Officials only 'punished' this FRAUDULENT CHEATING ACT with a pathetic $300  fine still beggars belief!!!

"How", well there's a few easy answers which all point directly at the GRNZ board & the RIU.

• Corruption
  • Inability to execute their duty to uphold integrity & justice
  • Favoritism

Like I've said repeatedly, It's not about what has been done, it's about who's done it.

Someone refuses to piss in the RIU's drug testing cup - Goneburgers.

Someone email the powers & tells them exactly what they are - Goneburgers.

Someone openly commits fraud which equates to match fixing (race fixing/field manipulation) - $300 fine.

Well done, you pack of corrupt fuckwits.

• Like 1