Bit Of A Yarn

Whats happening

1 hour ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

The big worry for me is if the dog was nominated after the reopening of noms , it is more criminal because the trainer would have known there was not enough noms for a race so to use a dog that was never going to race was deliberate  manipulation. 

The trainer can tell prior now anyway. The nommed numbers for each race are shown online in the nomination section

This is blatant manipulation from the trainer but I can't see how May hounds can be blamed . They don't nominate or have anything to do with racing . Why would/should anyone to do with the actual  rehoming look at the fields when they come out ?? If they were in on anything would they be putting up photos showing the dog with its foster family , doubt it. The trainer and anybody else in on it should be held responsible . Jmo 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fur que said:

This is blatant manipulation from the trainer but I can't see how May hounds can be blamed . They don't nominate or have anything to do with racing . Why would/should anyone to do with the actual  rehoming look at the fields when they come out ?? If they were in on anything would they be putting up photos showing the dog with its foster family , doubt it. The trainer and anybody else in on it should be held responsible . Jmo 

Wrong again , over here a rehoming agency takes racing cards as i believe gap does in nz and ownership changes to gap , so why is it different with mayhounds?..

5 minutes ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

Wrong again , over here a rehoming agency takes racing cards as i believe gap does in nz and ownership changes to gap , so why is it different with mayhounds?..

It is up to the trainer / owner to de register the dog before going to May hounds . It is not a grnz sponsored organisation 

Edited by fur que
Wanted to ad to post

2 minutes ago, fur que said:

It is up to the trainer / owner to de register the dog before going to May hounds . It is not a grnz sponsored organisation 

Wrong again , after talking to grnz today it is clear you are funded by them , in actual fact you are a rehoming agency and should not be taking dogs directly of trainers but rehoming dogs from gap 

1 minute ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

Wrong again , after talking to grnz today it is clear you are funded by them , in actual fact you are a rehoming agency and should not be taking dogs directly of trainers but rehoming dogs from gap 

And may i say when my trainer has sent dogs to gap before i have had to sign a form to release the dog to them , which means they can not be nominated so why not mayhounds ?

2 minutes ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

Mate you are wrong . I'm not with May hounds for a start , and the last part of your statement had not come into effect when Billy went to May hounds . Maybe you are wrong ? 

2 minutes ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

And may i say when my trainer has sent dogs to gap before i have had to sign a form to release the dog to them , which means they can not be nominated so why not mayhounds ?

Gap was different , and all has changed recently 

3 minutes ago, fur que said:

Mate you are wrong . I'm not with May hounds for a start , and the last part of your statement had not come into effect when Billy went to May hounds . Maybe you are wrong ? 

Lol , no more comment from me but you are hilarious that it had not come into effect before thrilling billy had been there , and you are not part of mayhounds , how long has he been there and how do you know????????

1 hour ago, fur que said:

Coz I'm an owner in Nz and take an interest in facts not fiction . I know because I know . Oh and if you are a willing punter bet me a million dollars I have nothing to do with the May hounds organisation . Put your money where your loud mouth is   

Mayhounds was advertised as apart of grnz rehoming scheme. I dont see how the procedure could be different for them, yet the same for fatima and the other rehoming facilities. Hope someones ensuring the rest of the procedures are being followed now.

Guest CrossCodes
2 hours ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

I have wondered about this also.

Dogs seem to appear on the Mayhounds site weeks after having their final race, it must either be an extremely short waiting list or certain trainers get preferential treatment.

Maybe the procedures have changed, and I’m certainly not knocking the fantastic job that they do, but it has to be seen to operate in a transparent and professional manner.

2 hours ago, gambler said:

Is this not a straight forward example of "race fixing". Common most weeks in the CD by some trainers with the distance races. Didn't some one even nominate a dead dog once for same reasons

Yep, and only got a 300 dollar fine and one month suspension if i recall. Was already over by the time everyone knew

6 hours ago, FAIR GAME said:

Surprise Surprise Billy is scratched.. I won't be putting a dollar on that race. It wouldnt be there if it wasn't manipulated with a nomination for a retired pet put in place by who i hear is a "board member" 

Stewards report will be very interesting...

Let's guess. Dog injured itself and is now retired

28 minutes ago, gambler said:

Thanks to Aussie Aussie Aussie. Otherwise would of gone un noticed

Likewise - A big thanks to everyone else who pitched in as well.

Together, we can make a difference. It's been proven time & time again, the RIU are usually blind (or turn a blind eye) to similar instances.

I hope Billy finds a good retirement home. I also hope that everyone who reads this thread understands that even though the dog was a "Thrilling" dog, the scenario which has transpired doesn't reflect at all on Karen or her team.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Likewise - A big thanks to everyone else who pitched in as well.

Together, we can make a difference. It's been proven time & time again, the RIU are usually blind (or turn a blind eye) to similar instances.

I hope Billy finds a good retirement home. I also hope that everyone who reads this thread understands that even though the dog was a "Thrilling" dog, the scenario which has transpired doesn't reflect at all on Karen or her team.

Not looking for thanks , but appreciate  honest people , im a bit like your own great valerie adams whe she was beaten by a cheat at the olympics , her statement was she used to be my friend but not now i don't have cheats as friends .

Karma-to a degree!

At least the skulduggery around the nomination of Thrilling Billy at Cambridge  today was not rewarded with a victory in Race 10 by a Ferguson Runner,though this same combination snared a third placing,and  a nice cheque of $669.

I have enjoyed watching P Ferguson's rise within The Greyhound Trainers Ranks,since becoming a dual code participant,culminating with Group One Glory earlier this month,,winning time honored Waterloo Cup.Now it seems he wears his trotting cap that many see as the domain of Cheats.