Bit Of A Yarn

Whats happening

52 minutes ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

Not looking for thanks , but appreciate  honest people , im a bit like your own great valerie adams whe she was beaten by a cheat at the olympics , her statement was she used to be my friend but not now i don't have cheats as friends .

So sad if you CHEAT not my friends no matter who you .????

On 16/10/2019 at 6:59 AM, Bettingman said:

Surely he (the) stewards can check with the vet to see when he he desexed and that would give all the evidence needed.

This is good advice & I hope the RIU follows this lead. Thursdays scratching likely wasn't a 1-off and a simple phone call to the vet would complete the story.

That said, the RIU seem to be more worried about which LP's haven't paid their GRNZ dues & how much alcohol they may or may not have on their breath. Match fixing would likely be well out of their depth.

IF the RIU stuff it up, INCA will be notified & that would open up a whole new kettle of fish for the police to run some real investigators over.

Wasn't it the same RIU that handed the investigation over to the police for the Harness indiscretions?

How much longer do innocent owners and trainers have to put up with shit like this from arse holes that drug there dogs crooked admin people and trainers that think they are God’s gift and do what they like . I for one have had a gutsful enough is enough riu earn your money and show some ? 

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13738/stewards-report.aspx

(4) SUPPLEMENTARY REPORT:- Waikato GRC – 17th October 2019 - Stewards have concluded their investigation in regard to the nomination and subsequent scratching of the greyhound THRILLING BILLY from Race 10 at the before mentioned meeting. After taking evidence from Waikato Club secretary Mr R Death, rehoming manager for May Hounds M Stebbing and Trainer Mr P Ferguson Stewards deemed Mr Ferguson to have breached GRNZ Rule 62.1(i) in that he nominated THRILLING BILLY in a fraudulent, misleading or deceptive description. After assessing all of the evidence and taking into account Mr Ferguson's admission of the breach along with his previously clear record, Stewards issued him with a charge under GRNZ Rule 62.1(cc) with a $300.00 fine being imposed.

So, Mr P Ferguson admitted to a "fraudulent, misleading or deceptive" breach under rule 62.1 (i).

62.1 Any person (including an Official) commits an offence if he/she: 

(i) being the Owner, Trainer or Nominator of a Greyhound, or a Person having an interest in a Greyhound, Nominates or runs that Greyhound in a Race under a fraudulent, misleading or deceptive description; 

Yet the RIU ops to set a fine under the minor infringement table for rule 62.1 (cc)?

(cc) acts in contravention of or fails to comply with any provision of these Rules or any Rules made thereunder, or any policy, notice, direction, instruction, guideline, restriction, requirement or condition given, made or imposed under these Rules; 

image.png.ae352545ed240a8df419928b71811189.png

Rule 62.1(i) is not listed under the minor infringement table because it is not a minor infringement. The RIU has seriously overstepped their boundaries by trying to impose this fine.

Watch this space!

48 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

(4) SUPPLEMENTARY REPORT:- Waikato GRC – 17th October 2019 - Stewards have concluded their investigation in regard to the nomination and subsequent scratching of the greyhound THRILLING BILLY from Race 10 at the before mentioned meeting. After taking evidence from Waikato Club secretary Mr R Death, rehoming manager for May Hounds M Stebbing and Trainer Mr P Ferguson Stewards deemed Mr Ferguson to have breached GRNZ Rule 62.1(i) in that he nominated THRILLING BILLY in a fraudulent, misleading or deceptive description. After assessing all of the evidence and taking into account Mr Ferguson's admission of the breach along with his previously clear record, Stewards issued him with a charge under GRNZ Rule 62.1(cc) with a $300.00 fine being imposed.

So, Mr P Ferguson admitted to a "fraudulent, misleading or deceptive" breach under rule 62.1 (i).

(i) being the Owner, Trainer or Nominator of a Greyhound, or a Person having an interest in a Greyhound, Nominates or runs that Greyhound in a Race under a fraudulent, misleading or deceptive description; 

Yet the RIU ops to set a fine under the minor infringement table for rule 62.1 (cc)?

(cc) acts in contravention of or fails to comply with any provision of these Rules or any Rules made thereunder, or any policy, notice, direction, instruction, guideline, restriction, requirement or condition given, made or imposed under these Rules; 

Rule 62.1(i) is not listed under the minor infringement table because it is not a minor infringement. The RIU has seriously overstepped their boundaries by trying to impose this fine.

Watch this space!

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

Watch this space!

So they have investigated the breach deemed it as frudulent, but taken it upon themselves to determin another quick way of handling it under a minor infringement. They didnt actually charge under 62.1(i), but agreed it was frudullent then looked for a way THEY could deal with it.. It should have been a charge under 62.1 (i) and sent to JCA surely!!

• Like 2

Guest CrossCodes

A measly $300 fine for admitting to and being found guilty of being a fraud, a cheat and trying to rort the nomination process, and they wonder why people have zero faith in the judicial system  we have in place........a total farce.

Hmmmn,just when you think Stewards can't stoop any lower,they prove you wrong,and come up with a super lame judgement/ penalty as this.

Totally Gutless and no deterrent to anyone tempted to repeat this offense. 

P Ferguson laughing all the way to the bank,has made mockery of the system,and showed Greyhound Officials to be Real Buffoons,out of their depth running this sport.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Taupiri Wonder said:

Hmmmn,just when you think Stewards can't stoop any lower,they prove you wrong,and come up with a super lame judgement/ penalty as this.

Totally Gutless and no deterrent to anyone tempted to repeat this offense. 

P Ferguson laughing all the way to the bank,has made mockery of the system,and showed Greyhound Officials to be Real Buffoons,out of their depth running this 

Sad really , is it not true your head stipe is a trotting man ? Should be relieved of his position.

• Like 1

Unfortunately with outcomes like this trainers will just see these small fines as the cost of doing business, there is no real financial disincentive (for those with absent morals) to comply with the rules. If you can rort a race field and pick up a few thousand in prize-money your going to do it, firstly the cost of getting caught is minimal and unless your particularly sloppy like in this case it will always be hard to prove when you can roll out some nonsense excuse to vets and stewards.

10 hours ago, bamboozla said:

Unfortunately with outcomes like this trainers will just see these small fines as the cost of doing business, there is no real financial disincentive (for those with absent morals) to comply with the rules. If you can rort a race field and pick up a few thousand in prize-money your going to do it, firstly the cost of getting caught is minimal and unless your particularly sloppy like in this case it will always be hard to prove when you can roll out some nonsense excuse to vets and stewards.

Totally agree with you!

Only one positive has come out of this and that is that he has shown himself to be the cheat that he is and put himself on everyone’s radar.

(Although not sure sloppy is the right word - maybe just plan dumb!)

12 hours ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

Sad really , is it not true your head stipe is a trotting man ? Should be relieved of his position.

Reading the report it was the North Island stewards that made the descision S Mulcay, P Kinsey. It doesnt mention anyone else in the report. 

$300 is no more than a weight variation, and here we have a case of frudulent behaviour.  GRNZ should be appealing this surely!!!!

fraud
/frɔːd/
noun

1. wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

1 hour ago, Bettingman said:

Totally agree with you!

Only one positive has come out of this and that is that he has shown himself to be the cheat that he is and put himself on everyone’s radar.

(Although not sure sloppy is the Yep , lost me now too , thought it was a great right word - maybe just plan dumb!)

Yep . lost me too , thought it was great him getting involved in the Industry but outright cheating and slap with a dry bus ticket , no thanks 

19 hours ago, bamboozla said:

firstly the cost of getting caught is minimal and unless your particularly sloppy like in this case it will always be hard to prove when you can roll out some nonsense excuse to vets and stewards.

That's my major point surrounding this case.

A breach of the rules doesn't get any easier to prove than it is in this case.

The timelines are pretty much there for everyone to see. The dog was in foster care prior to it being nominated for the race. Case closed.

This case speaks volumes about just how inefficient the RIU really is. A glaringly obvious breach of the rules ends in a plea bargain to a lesser breach because the RIU really suck at what they are tasked with doing. The only other viable reason this case would be settled in this manner would be corruption within the RIU which equally as likely.

It's too bad it was the Sky City convention center to burn. I'd have chose the RIU headquarters instead, if given the option.

• Like 1

Sometimes in a court case, the prosecutor (RIU) will offer the defence (trainer) a plea bargain for a lesser charge if they feel the case for the more severe charge would be in jeopardy of anything except a guilty verdict.

• If the RIU believed they might be unable to bring a case before the JCA prove it more than 50% likely (the criteria for a guilty verdict before the JCA), then I could somewhat understand a plea bargain. Therefore, if it is the case that the RIU doubted themselves enough in this case to offer a plea bargain, then the RIU is defiantly in the wrong profession & needs to be dissolved.
  • If the RIU offered a plea bargain because they were simply looking after one of their old mates, then that would equate to corruption & needs to be dissolved.

This case clearly highlights either one or the other options, if not both, are at play here. Regardless, the outcome would be the same in a world with integrity, which obviously isn't the case in the racing world.

Something is seriously wrong here people. All the reports know it, GRNZ knows it (and is more than likely in on it), the participants know it & even the onlookers know it.

It needs to change & that change is needed now, or there will be no industry for them to police.

• Like 3

http://jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-pb-freeman-decision-dated-8-january-2015

3.2 In this case the charge as framed focuses on dishonest conduct; that is the dishonest backdating of the scratching of Gibbonator from the Palmerston North race meeting at the request of Mr Freeman.

4. Result:

4.1 In the result, in terms of R. 92.11 we find the offence with which Mr Freeman has been charged and to which he has pleaded guilty duly proved. He will be disqualified in terms of R. 89.1 for a period of one month as from the date of this Decision and fined the sum of $300. In addition he is ordered to pay the sum of $250 in costs to the Judicial Control Authority.

Edited by Yankiwi