Bit Of A Yarn

Ashburton Monday

Happy Sunrise

48 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

So who is taking the $1.15ff on Oscar B tomorrow off 40 over 2400 in a field of 14?

He is an amazing trotter but he wouldn't want to drop another 20 or 30 to his mark or is he that good it doesn't matter?

I reckon he could drop another 30m and still win, valloria off 30m only realistic danger if he does skip away.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Unlike the TAB to be Father Christmas. Were the opening odds a mistake?

market opened at 128% so not a mistake in the sense that the tuapeka one was

if the horse wins it will look like an error in terms of its pricing in relation to other starters but little indication as to whose turn it might be was available back then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Quite incredible but they must rate him very highly. Must be massive money to be made in Oz.

There is, especially around the WA circuit. He will be ideally suited to Glouchester Park, he has shown true grit and determination so far, and could  potentially be the nxt WA superstar. Will be watching intently. 

• Like 3

On 22/10/2019 at 7:53 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

How is this for domination? Just 2 starters from NZ who are not in the All Stars. Will still be a good race but it will be a miracle if a non Purdon runner wins.

Interesting Oscar is in the lower grade trot and Chase Auckland is off the unruly....genius call in my book ?

image.thumb.png.d9d2c35809e9925f1e4f5b416da12cff.png

Usually the All Stars demolish the opposition. Today they were only just a class above them. 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th and daylight back to 6th

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

How do they achieve the stakes?

I dont know personally , , but WA has a rich heritage in Harness, is very well run , and that is from experience, with loads of tracks and obviously gets plenty of money put back into racing from various sources, especially at Gloucester Park.

One has to remember its isolation from the other States so it has built quite a formidable reputation on that point alone. Some great horses have come out of WA, and quite a few of them ex Kiwi,s.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

I dont know personally , , but WA has a rich heritage in Harness, is very well run , and that is from experience, with loads of tracks and obviously gets plenty of money put back into racing from various sources, especially at Gloucester Park.

One has to remember its isolation from the other States so it has built quite a formidable reputation on that point alone. Some great horses have come out of WA, and quite a few of them ex Kiwi,s.

San Simeon, mount Eden, pure steel, village kid, I'm the mighty Quinn just a few of their good uns....... every time I have been to Gloucester park all Friday nights, it's been very well attended and the W.A tote pools a lot bigger than ours, For me now it's the best track to watch harness racing at in australasia.

• Like 4

On 28/10/2019 at 11:38 AM, Happy Sunrise said:

How do they achieve the stakes?

They have a very good and dedicated committee. They have The Best TAB in Aus who support the local racing. They have some very rich sponsers involved in harness racing. They have a dedicated racing radio station which promotes WA racing  and has 3 hrs of intensive interviews and competions every morning. It all makes for money being spent on stakes hence the big and regular horse buying from NZ and the eastern states. Its not just the Bonds and Halls who are buying. There are many other very good trainers with money and backers who are purchasing. Very healthy and strong harness racing code.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Harewood said:

They have a very good and dedicated committee. They have The Best TAB in Aus who support the local racing. They have some very rich sponsers involved in harness racing. They have a dedicated racing radio station which promotes WA racing  and has 3 hrs of intensive interviews and competions every morning. It all makes for money being spent on stakes hence the big and regular horse buying from NZ and the eastern states. Its not just the Bonds and Halls who are buying. There are many other very good trainers with money and backers who are purchasing. Very healthy and strong harness racing code.

havsome big spending owners over there in Perth and trainers that get there horses to run like rabbits