Bit Of A Yarn

Ashburton Monday

Happy Sunrise

21 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

How is this for domination? Just 2 starters from NZ who are not in the All Stars. Will still be a good race but it will be a miracle if a non Purdon runner wins.

Interesting Oscar is in the lower grade trot and Chase Auckland is off the unruly....genius call in my book ?

image.thumb.png.d9d2c35809e9925f1e4f5b416da12cff.png

Also interesting Cruz bromac not in care of all stars this time, hopefully the Aussies won't sit back and let the team driving dominate. Nice to see how gra Chico goes 2nd time in the big league

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

How is this for domination? Just 2 starters from NZ who are not in the All Stars. Will still be a good race but it will be a miracle if a non Purdon runner wins.

Interesting Oscar is in the lower grade trot and Chase Auckland is off the unruly....genius call in my book ?

Not a genius call if you own one of the lower grade average trotters trying to make a buck in the same race as Oscar who is possible the best trotter in the country... but such is life.

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

does mcgraths lone star make him an all star

37 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I imagine with Amanda grieve being a former kiwi and Tony herlihy employee, she will be stabling Cruz bromac at rolleston, 

from all stars website earlier in the week

Nominated Ashburton: Oscar Bonavena (2600m stand) ;Winterfell (FFA Trot):Dina Bolt (maiden): Copperfield, Pur Dan, Roll The Dice R40-R55: Virgil (R40-R65): Self Assured, Another Masterpiece, One Change, Ultimate Sniper (R64 plus handicap) Thefixer, Spankem, Cruz Bromac, Chase Auckland (NZ Flying Stakes.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trotsfan said:

make that 7 out of ten on twitter that gran chico sold to Perth

Won't be many left standing in the open grades soon. What did I read the other day? Possibly one North Islander in the Cup. Never thought I would say this but thank god for the Aussies.

Though, John Dunn is the lone crusader. I have been impressed by his aggressive driving and his willingness to mix it up the All Stars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Won't be many left standing in the open grades soon. What did I read the other day? Possibly one North Islander in the Cup. Never thought I would say this but thank god for the Aussies.

Though, John Dunn is the lone crusader. I have been impressed by his aggressive driving and his willingness to mix it up the All Stars.

Doesn't do John Dunn much good in the pacing ranks.  Just comes off second best and finishes further back than he would have. Name the last time an aggressive drive from john dunn resulted in him beating an  all stars pacer? Maybe it has happened ,I just can't think of when. Won't win either way is the reality. 

• Like 4