Bit Of A Yarn

Maybe GRNZ could learn a few things from this

Kiwigreys

3 hours ago, fur que said:

If you look at the original photo he posted the dog looks like ( to me ) it's in the parade ring not even on the race track !!

fur que, a dog is required to wear a muzzle when you remove it from your trailer, van or bus. Basically anytime you're on the racecourse proper, even just to simply empty it & not go anywhere near the actual track.

That's because there's a big difference between a racecourse & a race track.

Joy, I did not post a photo of anyone online.

I linked a photo from GRNZ's website which is located as below (notice both URL's are in GRNZ's domain).

The complete GRNZ news article - https://www.grnz.co.nz/News/2182/Breeders-Bonus-Dollars-on-Offer-at-Cambridge (I had also noted that none of the three images of the podium at the bottom of this article, that none of the dogs were wearing a muzzle)

The GRNZ actual image - https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/News Photos/2019 January/Bigtime_Leads_10_01_19_sml.JPG

If have an issue or reservations with your or someone else's image being posted on the internet, I suggest you contact GRNZ or possibly Peter Fenemor, as it clearly says it's his article.

Edited by Yankiwi

I have an issue with you sharing it on here. GRNZ and Peter Fenemore have my permission you however do not wether you shared a link or not. Gross really I’ve seen you share photos of others before on here yet we’re yet to see one of your lovely smiling face

Edited by Joy

10 minutes ago, Joy said:

I have an issue with you sharing it on here. GRNZ and Peter Fenemore have my permission you however do not wether you shared a link or not. Gross really I’ve seen you share photos of others before on here yet we’re yet to see one of your lovely smiling face

Then you're welcome to express your concerns with Chief Stipe.

Well when fenemor and grnz post your photo in this day and age it's available to the world

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gambler said:

She must  discuss with her handler and staff. I want live kills done on such and such a day. I wouldn't think a handler could order that. She must source the animals for the kills. Oh and isn't she a school teacher to boot

The trainer is ultimately responsible for what happens to their dogs. If Cole is charged for live baiting on the property she trains out off with her dogs. I'd expect her to face similar charges under grnz law as the law dictates that trainers are ultimately responsible. Also. Spca charges can be very harsh. If its proven guilty. Dont be surprised if everyone residing at the address gets banned from having animals in their care. I've seen this a few times in other cases in nz

Edited by BitofaLegend
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

fur que, a dog is required to wear a muzzle when you remove it from your trailer, van or bus. Basically anytime you're on the racecourse proper, even just to simply empty it & not go anywhere near the actual track.

That's because there's a big difference between a racecourse & a race track.

Joy, I did not post a photo of anyone online.

I linked a photo from GRNZ's website which is located as below (notice both URL's are in GRNZ's domain).

The complete GRNZ news article - https://www.grnz.co.nz/News/2182/Breeders-Bonus-Dollars-on-Offer-at-Cambridge (I had also noted that none of the three images of the podium at the bottom of this article, that none of the dogs were wearing a muzzle)

The GRNZ actual image - https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/News Photos/2019 January/Bigtime_Leads_10_01_19_sml.JPG

If have an issue or reservations with your or someone else's image being posted on the internet, I suggest you contact GRNZ or possibly Peter Fenemor, as it clearly says it's his article.

Yanking  can you show me where that rule is about you must have a muzzle on at the track 

13 hours ago, Joy said:

The correct information is as follows:
1. You did not give permission, you simply did not object.
2. The photographer does not need your permission in a public space.
3. You have the right to to object at the time but that is as far as it goes.
4. A public space is any space that can be accessed by the public.
5. There are specific rules in law around privacy and private spaces.
6. You cannot take photos or film in a courtroom without judicial approval.
7. Where legal copyright exists the owner of the photo or film can take legal action. Usually only applies to another party using a photo for commercial gain. Not all challenges are successful.
8. You may take legal action against an entity who uses your image without permission and knowledge for commercial gain. Not all challenges are successful.
9. The media including paparazzi would not exist if legal permission was necessary. CCTV would not exist.
10. Once a photo is posted online there is very little that can be done to remedy a perceived wrong. There are exceptions which this photo does not meet.

Suggestion: Stay off the podium and Trackside.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Devito said:

Cock a leg I have a photo of you having sex with a certain Chinese handler can I share that?

You can share what you like, it doesn't worry me. If you have a photo of me having sex in public, my wife would love to see it. That would require a functioning prostate. Just be aware that the rules above would not apply to your action. You must be excited about becoming eligible to sit your learner's licence next birthday.

• Haha 1

When the original owner of this moniker left the building for personal reasons, I asked to take over the vacated seat. I liked the handle and had issues I wanted to raise as my brief time in the industry left a sour taste. My acrimony was due to specific mindsets which sort to blame or ignore rather than remedy, a very backward view in my mind. Thanks to a few enlightened souls one particular gripe has been dealt with on race day in the CD. I believe the GRNZ needs to take further steps with this particular scenario. Well done to those responsible for the positive change.

As a now member of the public, I have strong views surrounding welfare, fairness, equity, and sustainability. The TAB saturation model is flawed, a similar model employed by rugby union has created a crisis that will see a major rethink. Regional rugby is dying, the seats are empty. In the regions' clubs are now struggling to field youth teams as well as "A" grade teams. Competition for the discretionary dollar is fierce. If I were a teenager in today's world, my leisure options are limitless. Why use rugby as a comparison you may ask? Well back in the days when the phrase "Rugby, Racing, and Beer" was coined, those three options were pretty much all that existed. Pubs all over the country have now closed their doors, and many more will follow. The world has moved on and old traditions are dying. Obesity and related diseases rise as the population drowns in technology. As a youngster touring overseas bands were rare, now they are a weekly event. Example: When the Beatles landed in NZ, the waiting crowd numbered in the thousands. A day in our history I will not forget.

We have become a selfish nation, "All for one, one for all" has become "All for me, none for you". The "Why should I care, not my problem" brigade grows daily. A theme not lost in some posts within these threads. That attitude will kill the planet faster than global warming, it will all so harm the integrity of your sport. More damage has been done by the industry's lack of action rather than those who oppose it. The saving grace is that there are those working hard for change. I commend those people.

Rangatira, I agree with your response to Joy's statement, "If everyone just kept to themselves". Your reply; "is this a form of turning a blind eye joy ?" I believe it is. I may not always agree with what Yankiwi posts, but the truth is that some off the discrepancies exposed are felt by participants. The growing groundswell of disharmony is fuelled by what appears to be inconsistencies in penalty among other gripes. Fail to pay a fine, lose your licence, ignore a judicial order, business as usual. The fairness of that fails me.

Mr. Potts. Your response to Yankiwi was disgusting. If you are indicative of industry members, then maybe the industry should close? The original post objected to was about the muzzle rule. On page 18 of this year's annual report, there is a photo of a handler exiting the track in breach of the very rule raised. Any person warned or fined for breach of that same ruled would feel hard down by. You should apologise. 

The upcoming court saga will devastate many through no fault of their own. To those who put themselves above the industry, my advice is to change or be damned.

• Like 3

You can share what you like, it doesn't worry me. If you have a photo of me having sex in public, my wife would love to see it. That would require a functioning prostate. Just be aware that the rules above would not apply to your action. You must be excited about becoming eligible to sit your learner's licence next birthday.

Prostate is old man's disease. You where around in the 60's as a young man. I genuinely like your posts but Devito has ruffled your feathers for some reason. Good  luck