Bit Of A Yarn

CATALIST's reckless COMPETITIVE 'Ride'

Thomass

Yea, let's face it...Troy Harris's ride was totally RECKLESS rather than 'Competitive'

Boxed on the turn, Harris can be seen quite clearly with right handle bar DOWN...

Gives Shorn Ritchie's horse a complete, often Injury Inducing, side swipe....

....it's near fore now taking an extreme load at an extreme angle...as it struggles to balance again...

This type of RECKLESS riding...masquerading as 'Competitive' here and in Australia...is a disgrace...

And the Likes of Mick Guerin simply LOVE RECKLESS riding...it's an accepted narrative now...

...you're in a pocket and it's absolutely ok to ride RECKLESSLY...I.e. 'ride to injure'

yea na

• Like 1

No!

Guess what...the Stipe 'boys' pulled the 'got shunted from the inside' b/s...

...when clearly it was slight at the most....

..and simply ignored Harris had his right handle bar hard down at the time...

...pause the video and you'll note the head is already on its way to hard right!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I agree.  Ran home in 32!  Can get out of tight situations without losing momentum - need to be able to do that in OZ.  Seems to be mentally tough too.

he got away with it this time.. in essence, bounced off the other horse with no loss of momentum ...fraction of a second sooner or later and it could have been very ugly for horse(s) and rider(s) I was very surprised Harris did not get fined/suspended.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mooncoin said:

On looking at that field Thomo, surely this race must be down graded 1-2 or even 3 notches!

Tough marking Mooner!

Sometimes these early Classics have immature younguns maturing after Xmas too!

Have to agree with Chef...the Fletcher horse is also high quality...especially after doing so much wrong through the race...

Sian & Hughy won't sell either...they're sooo old now it'll be their last chance for G1 owner Glory...it's written in Sanskrit 

Guest CrossCodes

The horse has done an amazing job here, and Chipperfield has done nothing wrong by the horse.

It, if the owners don’t send him to Australia to chase the big races and big money they need their heads read!

And let’s be realistic, Troy Harris is a glorified high weight rider who has been lucky to be on a top horse, despite the predicaments he has unnecessarily put the horse in, the horse has won these races not him and lucky to come away unscathed. 

1 hour ago, CrossCodes said:

The horse has done an amazing job here, and Chipperfield has done nothing wrong by the horse.

It, if the owners don’t send him to Australia to chase the big races and big money they need their heads read!

And let’s be realistic, Troy Harris is a glorified high weight rider who has been lucky to be on a top horse, despite the predicaments he has unnecessarily put the horse in, the horse has won these races not him and lucky to come away unscathed. 

Troy is a handy hoop.Even as an apprentice he showed some X factor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

The second horse will improve.  He can run a good sectional.

Fair enough Chief and Thomo, you guys probably get to see these animals in the flesh! My point was aiming mainly at the classification of the race and depth of the field(Jmo)! I have watched replay again and concede the first two can go on.?

• Like 1

Agree. And I've got no axe to grind with Troy at all,  it is just that the very best riders don't seem to find the need to knock others over because they're in a stupid possie in the first place.

Noticeable when you watch the likes of Mick Dee and how ordinary the opposition looks in comparison. 

Easy to criticize from the sideline of course.