Bit Of A Yarn

Cup Day turnover

Nowornever

All those restrictions do not seem to be hurting turnover on fixed odds. (Come in Brodie). Would be interesting to know what the tote turnover was in comparison to last year as well.

From HRNZ 

Tuesday – Addington Cup day
A bumper day for Fixed Odds turnover with a Singles-only hold of a tick over $2m.  Last year, including Mulits, the hold was $1.7m and the two years before that we held $1.6m each.  Total turnover, including the tote, was up 1.9%.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nowornever said:

All those restrictions do not seem to be hurting turnover on fixed odds. (Come in Brodie). Would be interesting to know what the tote turnover was in comparison to last year as well.

From HRNZ 

Tuesday – Addington Cup day
A bumper day for Fixed Odds turnover with a Singles-only hold of a tick over $2m.  Last year, including Mulits, the hold was $1.7m and the two years before that we held $1.6m each.  Total turnover, including the tote, was up 1.9%.

That is great if the turnover is up!

BEar in mind that 4 of the races Had 4 place divs on the fixed odds that probably encouraged some.

Of the $2m how much was paid back to the punters?

I did see a couple of the races win and place tote pools and they didn’t seem that flash and they would’ve included Ozzie I would say.

I hope the TAB turnover does increase as that is what they need as it has been declining substantially since August 1st AML Act BS was brought in for fixed odds betting.

Personally I can not be bothered offloading at the moment while the $1k limit is still in place.

Just not worth my while and the challenge is not there anymore due to being treated like a criminal and a money Launderer.

Just got too difficult to get enough on and the fixed odds are mostly unders until too late.

The TAB needs punters far more than I need the TAB!!

46 minutes ago, Brodie said:

That is great if the turnover is up!

BEar in mind that 4 of the races Had 4 place divs on the fixed odds that probably encouraged some.

Of the $2m how much was paid back to the punters?

I did see a couple of the races win and place tote pools and they didn’t seem that flash and they would’ve included Ozzie I would say.

I hope the TAB turnover does increase as that is what they need as it has been declining substantially since August 1st AML Act BS was brought in for fixed odds betting.

Personally I can not be bothered offloading at the moment while the $1k limit is still in place.

Just not worth my while and the challenge is not there anymore due to being treated like a criminal and a money Launderer.

Just got too difficult to get enough on and the fixed odds are mostly unders until too late.

The TAB needs punters far more than I need the TAB!!

How on earth are you being “treated like a criminal and a money launderer” when all you have to do is say your tab acc # and put in your 4 digit pin. Your an idiot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, GONSTA said:

How on earth are you being “treated like a criminal and a money launderer” when all you have to do is say your tab acc # and put in your 4 digit pin. Your an idiot. 

Firstly, when you are a heavily restricted punter, to get a bet on of any reasonable amount was extremely difficult and going to different agencies to do this, felt like you were doing something dishonest.

Secondly,  the AML Act with the $1k limit is a load of bollacks.
The TAB is saying that any of their punters who win $1k could be a money launderer and put on $1k or more could mean you are trying to clean money.

Anyone with half a brain can work out that it has nothing to do with money laundering at all, but total control by the TAB.

Haven’t got a problem with the TAB potting me if they think I am money laundering, however why on earth should the TAB have the right to know who it is that is gambling with them?
God, it was hard enough to get decent money on without them knowing who you were, but telling them just enables them to restrict you to next to nothing!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

that is a misrepresentation of the truth

When the TAB brought in the $1k limit rather than the $10k as per the AML Act  at the time, they did it to have control over who could bet with them rather than any money laundering.

Why does a punter need to show ID and  tell the TAB Agency that they have bet $1k with them, when the TAB staff already know them.

You are advising TAB central and then they can restrict you to buggerall.

Havent got a problem whatsoever if the TAB suspects that I am doing something illegal,  and investigate me, but the way they have implemented this blanket policy is just another totally stupid decision.

FFS, $1k in this day and age, is petty cash! Why would someone bother trying clean money by putting it thru the TAB with a fair chance they will lose it?????

The TAB have no problem taking $10k bets from some punters and that is fine because they are losing punters, but anyone that consistently wins, NOOOOO!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The TAB have no problem taking $10k bets from some punters and that is fine because they are losing punters, but anyone that consistently wins, NOOOOO!!

makes perfect sense to restrict fixed odds access to some 

some of those $10k bets are by previously restricted punters so its not a life time thing

any progress re the perceived breach to your human rights

2 hours ago, Tonkatime! said:

Can you not see the potential for issues if it is left to staff discretion rather than a blanket policy?

What I do know is that TAB agency turnover is substantially down since the 1st August AML Act $1k limit was brought in, I have it on very good authority.

You might say then that the Act is working, but I would say that many punters just can not be bothered anymore and you can not blame them.

Just not worth the effort now for many of the larger investing punters and hasn’t been for quite awhile now with the restrictions on and many of the fixed odds being too short.

The challenge is not there now and everything is weighted in favour of the TAB.

Stand alone TAB agencies are a dieing breed and this new rule has further enforced that. RIP.

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I will ask you a question, why do the TAB release their figures for Cup Day but not any other days?

i have to refer you to the tab for that answer

i do applaud them for doing so but its rather gobbledygook so work still to be done if it is to continue

I await what they tell you

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

What I do know is that TAB agency turnover is substantially down since the 1st August AML Act $1k limit was brought in, I have it on very good authority.

You might say then that the Act is working, but I would say that many punters just can not be bothered anymore and you can not blame them.

Just not worth the effort now for many of the larger investing punters and hasn’t been for quite awhile now with the restrictions on and many of the fixed odds being too short.

The challenge is not there now and everything is weighted in favour of the TAB.

Stand alone TAB agencies are a dieing breed and this new rule has further enforced that. RIP.

You didn’t answer or address my question. 

1 hour ago, Tonkatime! said:

You didn’t answer or address my question. 

He doesn't need to Tonka, he,s always on the money. Remember?.

Actually ,the TAB have loaded my account which has been sitting at 0.35c for sometime, with 20 bucks. Generous bastards, but I know a good thing at Adders tomorrow and doubled up in a multi with another one a grand beckons.  When I pick my winnings up I'm gonna stump it down on something else and watch the reaction. I will have my Lawyer present just in case of insinuations of " money laundering".Ppphhhhttttt

• Haha 3