Bit Of A Yarn

Dominion Trot

Happy Sunrise

2 hours ago, Enteebee said:

3rd group 1 placing - syndicate stoked with that - wish there was a 3 mile race ?

Yep, Monty just follows pace no matter how fast it is. My eyes popped when he took off around them and challenged turning for home and then ran past Marcoola for third. Brilliant, the old bugger doesn't know he is 10 yrs old. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Analyze that race.

I think Oscar B just broke in sympathy with Bordeaux from what I could tell. I don't think he got caught up but will wait and see.

Marcoola? Bold drive but was it needed when it flat at the top of the straight?

Habibi Inta....what value does a good driver bring to a good horse? 

Monty!

Oscar B probably should have got past Bordeaux but  he was only having his 13th start and had very little race experience in a field.

Marcoola at his best could still have done that time I think. She probably had the intention of making it hard for Oscar bonevena. Personally I think there had to be doubts on marcoola pre race as it went off last year for unknown reasons and it was given such a hard run at ashburton . Maybe they wanted a fast mile time at ashburton,but it could have won without the extra strain there,so I thought  running that time in only its 2nd preparation run was a worry. Who knows.

I agree about Blair Orange. I believe he is the most talented driver I have seen.  What I admire about him is it makes no difference whether he is driving in a group 1 at addington or in a non win race at forbury. While no ones perfect,he is as close you get to it with each race drive. He installs so much confidence for the punter.  

• Like 5