Bit Of A Yarn

top trainers

hunterthepunter

Just now, hunterthepunter said:

was very good with 2yo training  three more trainers not seen for ages Tony Soal ,Dave Anderson had good trotter can't remember its name plus Wayne Higgs 

Tony Soal's name jogs my memory. He had an exceptional looking horse back in the day but I can't remember its name.

I doubt anyone would remember as it was only a C5 or 6 horse. 

I think...

22 hours ago, Brodie said:

Pretty sure Wayne Ross was involved in selling cars before he went out training horses.

A few interesting tales that went around then.

Correct,I believe Wayne Ross was on fair go or maybe just the news being unscrupulous 

Tony Soal was an ok trainer who done his time with Patrick Oreilly Junior.

Tony is now a freezing worker.Dale Forbes was another trainer a few years back was Tony's son in law

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Richie said:

Correct,I believe Wayne Ross was on fair go or maybe just the news being unscrupulous 

Tony Soal was an ok trainer who done his time with Patrick Oreilly Junior.

Tony is now a freezing worker.Dale Forbes was another trainer a few years back was Tony's son in law

and who else worked for Patrick at that time??? lol

On 18/11/2019 at 9:51 PM, hunterthepunter said:

was very good with 2yo training  three more trainers not seen for ages Tony Soal ,Dave Anderson had good trotter can't remember its name plus Wayne Higgs 

Wayne Higgs copped a suspension for one of the most blatant pull-up jobs ever witnessed at Manawatu one night. 

His horse Man With The Money would have won by a wide margin if he let it go but he had to give it the biggest stranglehold on it you have ever seen 50m from the post to stop it winning.

Video is a good watch although a bit grainy. Those were the days.

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=95938&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

• Like 3