Bit Of A Yarn

1st Round Interdominion

Gammalite

This Heat will be a beauty. The All-Stars have to deal with all being on the second row.

You have to feel for JOHN DUNN. All year long whenever you guys have a feature race he is the one who has to figure out how to 'mix-it ' with the All-stars Team tactics as is usually the main threat.

His Efforts in the NZ cup and NZ FFA were admirable. In this Interdom Heat he is sitting amongst them on the second row again , once more trying to work a plan out 'amongst the Stars'

He must see Stars in his night-mares.?      BTW lets bring it on with BLING IT ON. !!!!

Participants for Race 8: DOWNBYTHESEASIDE INTER DOMINION PACING CHAMPS H2 (MOB PACE)
Book   Form Name Age Sex Rating Draw Hcp Driver Trainer    
Notifiable Gear Changes: Sicario: SL-On   Legend
1 Atomic Red 552X34 Atomic Red   6 g R101 1 Ft   A S Turnbull  
2 Sicario 3X6233 Sicario   5 g R106 2 Ft Tony Herlihy B A Lilley  
3 A G's White Socks 456688 A G's White Socks   6 g R105 3 Ft Ricky May B Purdon  
4 Triple Eight 3X1132 Triple Eight   5 g R111 4 Ft David Butcher S G Telfer  
5 On The Cards 5519X3 On The Cards   5 g R98 5 Ft   B Purdon  
6 Star Galleria 33X868 Star Galleria   6 g R114 6 Ft Steven Reid S J Reid  
7 Bling It On(AUS) X69X11 Bling It On(AUS)   9 h R122 7 Ft   C A Cross  
8 Dance Time 490394 Dance Time   5 g R89 8 Ft   S G Telfer  
------------------ Second Line ------------------
9 Thefixer 2X5255 Thefixer   6 g R124 9 Ft Natalie Rasmussen M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen  
10 Cruz Bromac 139213 Cruz Bromac   8 g R123 10 Ft Mark Purdon M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen  
11 Classie Brigade 237132 Classie Brigade   7 g R115 11 Ft John Dunn R J Dunn  
12 Another Masterpiece 4X4543 Another Masterpiece   4 h R82 12 Ft Tim Williams M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen
  • Like 1

I can't see how the back row will get into this race with all the Aussies off the front. 

The only Purdon runner with a chance is Cruz Bromac but at 2.60ff is short. Also short, from the draw, is The Fixer at 5.50 and drawn one on the second line. You would have to be very brave to take that.

The 13ff and 2.80 is interesting money for Ashley Locaz. Is that a reasonable each way bet?

Majestic Man 1.80ff place and Ashley Locaz 2.60ff might be a fun place multi for interest on Friday night between races at Addington...☺️

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Bling it on to win that heat, amazing to come back after a year and a half off after injury and win Victoria cup.

The Injury !! Yes, I was there that night in winter 2017 at Albion Park. The only time in his career he had a catch driver.(John and Luke McCarthy were at Menangle in some semi-finals) from memory. 

And the catch driver was a Kiwi , shock horror! hahaha Mark Jones hit a wheel in a 7 horse field and he hit the deck big time. (the horse more than Mark) just when he was going to go 5 wide and round them up and win by lengths. Very nasty. 

I thought at the time Mark wasn't used to such a big striding pacer. He is a magnificent animal.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

The Injury !! Yes, I was there that night in winter 2017 at Albion Park. The only time in his career he had a catch driver.(John and Luke McCarthy were at Menangle in some semi-finals) from memory. 

And the catch driver was a Kiwi , shock horror! hahaha Mark Jones hit a wheel in a 7 horse field and he hit the deck big time. (the horse more than Mark) just when he was going to go 5 wide and round them up and win by lengths. Very nasty. 

I thought at the time Mark wasn't used to such a big striding pacer. He is a magnificent animal.

A bit of a fairy tale come true if the old boy wins the final.

The only time I went to Albion park was with my parents, can't remember if it was 83 or 84 twhen wondais mate won the qld Derby, I still have the race programme in a box somewhere in my garage

7 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

A bit of a fairy tale come true if the old boy wins the final.

The only time I went to Albion park was with my parents, can't remember if it was 83 or 84 twhen wondais mate won the qld Derby, I still have the race programme in a box somewhere in my garage

Wondais Mate !! He won a couple of heats at Auckland 83' Interdominion as well. got tipped out in the final won by me or (Gammalite)

Some time later in the 80's I towed a very fast former kiwi named Its Frederick up to Brissy from Melbourne as he was flying and thought he would bolt in on the fast Albion Park races. No such luck unfortunately, with 4th being our lot as Wondai's Mate, the little champion from the bush (peanut farm), ran 1.55 and change.

That was unheard of those days as FreeforAllers running 1.57. or 1.58 was the normal go. He was an amazing little horse.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Some time later in the 80's I towed a very fast former kiwi named Its Frederick up to Brissy from Melbourne as he was flying and thought he would bolt in on the fast Albion Park races. No such luck unfortunately, with 4th being our lot as Wondai's Mate, the little champion from the bush (peanut farm), ran 1.55 and change.

by mark lobell and trained by sandy purdon and raced in the first 3yo sires stakes final along with his stablemate placid victor

that was night one of the cup meeting and the first time i saw trident who finished 2nd to bionic raider

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

by mark lobell and trained by sandy purdon and raced in the first 3yo sires stakes final along with his stablemate placid victor

that was night one of the cup meeting and the first time i saw trident who finished 2nd to bionic raider

Arveea's maiden win! One more NZ start for a 9th an sold overseas. Was a classic bunch of 3yos both north and south very strong.

Screenshot_20191127-085939-955.png

Edited by Flagship uberalles

45 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Arveea's maiden win! One more NZ start for a 9th an sold overseas. Was a classic bunch of 3yos both north and south very strong.

Beat a good one there I can see in Master Mood as well , who won a Miracle Mile  at Harold Park 1986. !

That was a great miracle mile for NZ bred runners with Master Mood, Lightning Blue, Village Kid and Trident (who chief Rangatira mentioned) all finishing in a pack 1st to 4th.

Village Kid won the following year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Master mood started amazingly only 7th in the betting in that sires stake's final.

And amazingly the following year in the NZ Derby , Master Mood was rank outsider and down the track again as well??? very strong race you put up there of the sires Stakes.

The last horse in that race, was the Derby winner !! That was Placid Victor. My mate Frederick a battling 5th in Derby.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I can't see how the back row will get into this race with all the Aussies off the front

Well with the second row being Allstars and the NZ cup placegetter as well  ,I think they will be right in it at the business end Happy.

Mark and Nat second to none, and no way would I back anything against them , in any race, anywhere. 

BTW... was just watching utube Village Kid in 87' Miracle Mile at Harold Park and you flashed up from last to grab second. !! Happy Sunrise.

You could of been a superstar at one stage?? ?

9 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well with the second row being Allstars and the NZ cup placegetter as well  ,I think they will be right in it at the business end Happy.

Mark and Nat second to none, and no way would I back anything against them , in any race, anywhere. 

no trophies up for grabs on friday

just points towards a ticket in the bigger picture

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

They will not get this race handed to them. It will be really intriguing to see how they cope. They may even have to work with in tandem with John Dunn!

It's great to see a fair few decent Aussies here hopefully it negates the all-star team driving and horses win on their merit...classy brigade has started to do this and it has put a wee spanner in the works!

Edited by Flagship uberalles