Bit Of A Yarn

Integrity

cyclops

Today’s Christchurch “Star” (page4) has headline ‘Fridge gas doping probe confirmed’ (and further advises that HRNZ is able to test for the substance in horses )and that RIU was investigating the use of gas and planned refer their findings to the appropriate agency- either SPCA or Ministry of Primary Industries

Question - at what juncture does Police become involved ? 

26 minutes ago, cyclops said:

Today’s Christchurch “Star” (page4) has headline ‘Fridge gas doping probe confirmed’ (and further advises that HRNZ is able to test for the substance in horses )and that RIU was investigating the use of gas and planned refer their findings to the appropriate agency- either SPCA or Ministry of Primary Industries

Is this another Dave Phillips hotline expose.

The police should become involved when a Prima Facea case has been established IMHO

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

31 minutes ago, cyclops said:

Might see some of the new and improved stables UDR's drop off a bit since they can test for it.

I have no sympathy for any trainer that would use this kind of thing on horses. They also have no respect for the industry either. Talk about loading a gun and aiming it yourself. Would make the use of the whip inconsequential.

Could you put the article up so we can read it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cyclops said:

Does anyone really think anything will come of this?

You say the article says hrnz is able to test for it. That's different from saying they are testing for it.  Does it say it is illegal,or is it just another one of those things that will become illegal. 

All a bit of a yawn to me as nothing much ever happens and will hrnz really want another scandal? 

I doubt this has anything to do with the all stars,as currently there are a couple of stables that's horses seem to have more oxygen at the end of a race than theirs do. That's saying something isn't it.

What this all really means is its just time for the search for the next performance enhancer to begin. Find something currently legal and use it until  someone kicks up a fuss. its just history repeating its self. 

Call me cynical,but hrnz  is probably saying the matter may be investigated by the SPCA or Ministry of Primary industries because they know those agencies will not put much resource into doing so,and they also have seen how  many of the industry participants view operation inca and the search for the truth there.  In other words,best not to go there.

Edited by the galah
  • Haha 1

Doing some reading it seems Russian athletes were using this well over a decade ago.

Tests on rats showed a 70% xenon,30%oxygen mix doubled the epo levels a day later.

Remember we were all told how those oxygen chambers were being used by Australian trainers who were leaders in their field when it came to new training methods.  As we knew, it was just another way to get an advantage, not through training, but through science.    

As far back as 2015 Australians officials were saying this would be a significant integrity threat to racing in the future.

If NZ officials are serious they would test all frozen post race samples of the stables who look like they use .They say they can test for it,so go ahead and do so.  That will never happen. 

The only thing I would say is it once again proves what many of us have been saying for years. That is science is a vital part of a successful winning formula.To be a successful trainer you have to embrace science.    People like the mick guerins of this worls think we are all  stupid. But no we're not. 

Anyway,from a punting perspective does it really effect the way we bet.  For me no it doesn't. The reason for that is because those using the latest science appear to always be there to win and they race consistently. I'm not saying it is ok, i'm just saying its the way it is.   This subject is the reason  many give the game away who used to own and train.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...