NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Sticking My Neck Out

Weasel

Not sure why I'm doing this, but I have very strong feeling that the bet of the day tomorrow at Riccarton in 

St Andrews Masonic M6 R7 No 8 Drawn 1 T Moseley aboard

FF $6.80 and $2.30

Heavy 11  -likes Riccarton, 3rd up in new prep..won 3rd up last season (June), has won twice over this distance (2000m).

Gets back but should go very well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Weasel said:

Not sure why I'm doing this, but I have very strong feeling that the bet of the day tomorrow at Riccarton in 

FF $6.80 and $2.30

Heavy 11  -likes Riccarton, 3rd up in new prep..won 3rd up last season (June), has won twice over this distance (2000m).

Only thing weasel, when he won last at ricc, it was a real bog. Not sure track will be as bad. But I do agree, good chance

8 hours ago, Weasel said:

FF $6.80 and $2.30

Well done Weasel...I do like people who post their tips prior to the race...as opposed to those who proclaim from the rooftops after the event.

Steve.

8 hours ago, Reefton said:

If there is a horse in there tomorrow with a bit of a task it has to be Show Cloud in race one

I assume the owners are related to the owner of the great mare but it carries the colours of the one and only Show Gate.

No pressure!

They are and so is she...no pressure indeed!

I was at Oamaru when Show Gate won her first race...this bay streak bearing those red and white colours just appeared as if by magic...little did we all know what we were seeing.

8 hours ago, Reefton said:

• Champ Post 3

14 hours ago, Reefton said:

If there is a horse in there tomorrow with a bit of a task it has to be Show Cloud in race one

I assume the owners are related to the owner of the great mare but it carries the colours of the one and only Show Gate.

No pressure!

Next time it steps up over a bit more distance!!!!  Floundering early but will learn heaps from that.

22 hours ago, Weasel said:

FF $6.80 and $2.30

Listening to radio, prob not suited by slow pace early? 

15 hours ago, Steve Paul said:

Well done Weasel...I do like people who post their tips prior to the race...as opposed to those who proclaim from the rooftops after the event.

Steve.

cheers mate... a strong staying type totally undone by the dawdling pace for the first 1600... he'll keep til next time on that big roomy track on a Heavy 10 or worse!

Not many staying races with pace on these days, a shame to be honest, doesn't make it a true staying test, a buggar if you own one that can't go with them when they only run a quick last 600m. Something that i thinks needs to be addressed.

On 18/05/2018 at 9:43 AM, Chief Stipe said:

I'm old enough to have had the pleasure of seeing Show Gate win at Riccarton.  Also saw that big beast of a horse Empire Rose win there as well!

I  got a very good double that day with Show Gate which made her one of my all-time favourites.

I saw Empire Rose at Riccarton, too. The biggest rear-end I have ever seen on a racehorse. Tremendous engine.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2018 at 9:22 PM, Shad said:

Not many staying races with pace on these days, a shame to be honest, doesn't make it a true staying test, a buggar if you own one that can't go with them when they only run a quick last 600m. Something that i thinks needs to be addressed.

needs to be like Australia where someone is usually paid to make the pace----1988 Eagle Farm midweek middle-distance, a NZ-born jock was offered $3k to make a solid pace. May have gone up with inflation.