Bit Of A Yarn

Tavistock dead

Fred

Twisted bowel?  They've pretty much got any feeding regimes for travelling horses sorted...unlucky

...laminitis?  Could happen anytime but spring can be a problem...unlucky...

Paddock accident? There's a lot of new building going on there and could 'excite' in certain instances...unlucky

Waikato Stud have a fairly new treadmill which they get their Studs on...you can't beat that to keep them fit and take any spunk off them...maybe CS have one?

Im betting Lindsey and Plumtree are going over the entire sad 'unluckys'

3 hours ago, Freda said:

Burgundy had laminitis,  Chief....don't think Tavistock did.

I don't know. The report just said secondary complications following surgery in relation to the paddock accident. The fact that they brought in Ric Redden from the US suggests to me that may well have been laminitis. The original injury was to a forefoot and sole as I recall. A second surgery was performed after Ric had returned to the US as I understand.

Edited by curious

From what I know about laminitis it is usually secondary, and I dont think alot Is known about it, been many a horse met its demise from it, just read about a top liner in America that fell victim to it, very sad to lose tavistock, been a very good sire and left winners far and wide.

Guest CrossCodes

Makes you wonder if the horses there now are getting the same treatment and care they were before under the previous owners, 3 dead in a short space of time must make you ask questions surely??

6 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Makes you wonder if the horses there now are getting the same treatment and care they were before under the previous owners, 3 dead in a short space of time must make you ask questions surely??

Surely you are taking the piss. This would have to be one of the worst comments ever posted on this site.

7 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

I think that's a bit rough. Shit happens in this business.

• Like 1

On 23/12/2019 at 4:30 PM, Chief Stipe said:

Tavistock had a paddock accident first.  I would guess that that injury restricted blood flow to the lower leg hence laminitis.

Chief and others . He had a paddock accident on a wire fence and ripped most of one hoof off. Andy my son in law (thats Campbell) the trainer, showed me the pictures, bloody bad . They bought in an expert from Kentucky to try to repair it (twice) and it looked like he would recover. 

Seems that failed. Very sad for all concerned. 

On 25/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, globederby12 said:

Chief and others . He had a paddock accident on a wire fence and ripped most of one hoof off. Andy my son in law (thats Campbell) the trainer, showed me the pictures, bloody bad . They bought in an expert from Kentucky to try to repair it (twice) and it looked like he would recover. 

Seems that failed. Very sad for all concerned. 

Interesting they had a "wire fence" in a Stallion paddock??

Maybe it was a temporary transitional one..

Wire and Stallions simply do not mix...