Bit Of A Yarn

Thank God

The Boys Get Paid syndicate members will be thanking God that the experts on the other channel were not doing the punting for them on Karaka Millions night. 

Have just read a thread "Punting A Quarter MIll At A NZ meeting" over there. How embarrassing for them, I'm surprised they still have it up. Talk about egg all over one's face. At least Bazza and Mardigras acknowledged the Boys Get Paid did well unlike the main critic and chief moron Hesi. Amongst his bets he would have taken a $40k quinella Not An Option/Play That Song. Imagine what that $40k bet would have done to the quinella pool dividend. Really bright. Hillarious!

Two of the sycophants priced Catalyst at $4.50 & $4.30 and Probabeel at $6.00 and criticised the BGP at taking Probabeel $50k at $1.95 (paid $1.60 on the tote.) 

If you want a laugh have a read quickly before they hide it. ?

• Like 2

On 27/01/2020 at 9:04 AM, All The Aces said:

The Boys Get Paid syndicate members will be thanking God that the experts on the other channel were not doing the punting for them on Karaka Millions night. 

Have just read a thread "Punting A Quarter MIll At A NZ meeting" over there. How embarrassing for them, I'm surprised they still have it up. Talk about egg all over one's face. At least Bazza and Mardigras acknowledged the Boys Get Paid did well unlike the main critic and chief moron Hesi. Amongst his bets he would have taken a $40k quinella Not An Option/Play That Song. Imagine what that $40k bet would have done to the quinella pool dividend. Really bright. Hillarious!

Two of the sycophants priced Catalyst at $4.50 & $4.30 and Probabeel at $6.00 and criticised the BGP at taking Probabeel $50k at $1.95 (paid $1.60 on the tote.) 

Aren’t they a bunch of opinionated fuckwhits?

It seems quite possible and quite reasonable that you would take a different approach to the bets you take in a one day punters club compared to a long term betting strategy. 

• Like 1

I suppose you have choices ATA. You could choose not to read it if it upsets you so much. Or maybe you could add some constructive comment to the discussion?

1 hour ago, curious said:

I suppose you have choices ATA. You could choose not to read it if it upsets you so much. Or maybe you could add some constructive comment to the discussion?

It did. The first sentence was most constructive. 

"The Boys Get Paid syndicate members will be thanking God that the experts on the other channel were not doing the punting for them on Karaka Millions night."

There wouldn't have been scenes of jubilation and singing in the stands by the Boys Get Paid reading through that thread. :D 

28 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

It did. The first sentence was most constructive. 

"The Boys Get Paid syndicate members will be thanking God that the experts on the other channel were not doing the punting for them on Karaka Millions night."

There wouldn't have been scenes of jubilation and singing in the stands by the Boys Get Paid reading through that thread. :D 

That's what you don't seem to get though. Completely different missions which you seem to be mixing up and has been pointed out by others here. One is aimed at long term profit, The other at turning a profit over a single 6 race event which I don't believe is consistently possible and not something that I would even attempt.

Edited by curious

You seem to be confused Curious. The thread I refer to was specifically in relation to Karaka Million night spending $250k. It was never about a long term strategy. It was about six races on one night. A couple had put how they would have done the punting. Your chief cheerleader Hesi despite being told before he posted that exotics would kill the pool included to place a $40k quinella. Stupidity at it's best.   

Here's the rub Curious. I had heard a little relating to Boys get Paid prior to Karaka Millions night but hadn't taken much interest as I haven't really noticed their presence down this way.

As mentioned it was my first visit to a Karaka Millions meeting last week and the evening was absolutely outstanding. It would have to rank as the best meeting that I have attended in NZ. Good crowd, good horses and such a buzz right around the course with culmination of the Boys Get Paid over on top of the public stand?

Fireworks display after the last followed by a big on course party. Not one negative comment did I hear all night. I did end up meeting a number of the Boys Get Paid people when a lot of them came across to party after the last. They were fizzing and had a great night and I have become a member since so I can find out more about them and see what they are up to next. Out to the sales the following day and all in all a great weekend. As I Arnie said "I will be back."       

On 2/2/2020 at 8:13 AM, curious said:

That's what you don't seem to get though. Completely different missions which you seem to be mixing up and has been pointed out by others here. One is aimed at long term profit, The other at turning a profit over a single 6 race event which I don't believe is consistently possible and not something that I would even attempt.

Yet you did attempt it - you put up your $240k worth of bets on the night.

• Like 1

On 2/02/2020 at 8:23 AM, All The Aces said:

Your chief cheerleader Hesi despite being told before he posted that exotics would kill the pool included to place a $40k quinella. Stupidity at it's best.

I would do the same in a competition that works off posted final dividends rather than actual bets in a pool like for example oncourse punters club competitions.

13 hours ago, barryb said:

After looking at all the scientific evidence and then just taking a complete Thomass guess, I conclude that blinkers must over a mile slow a horse down by 1/2 a length. Now couple that with wide no cover and the wind effect  increases, factored alongside a wide barrier and blinkers are absolutely a recipe for disaster on 3yr olds after Xmas whom have been gelded in the last 12 months.

What a load of tosh bazzo....

What you 'Speed stats' spruikers can't get your collective munter heads around...

..is the FACT 'speed stats' are infected by a viral condition called 'can't get my munter head around compensating for wide without cover et f in el'

In plain Engrish...a career best performance...after maturing...possibly after Xmas...with Blinkers added...wide without cover 

...is TOTALLY ignored by your 'speed stats'....

....but NOT MOI's

Comprendez mofo?

Ha ha, was a funny read alright. As i have said before, mardi is into arbing. Bazza has given some good winners at times, so give him credit where credits due, as for curious?? Well, really just agrees with mardi, who knows, they could be related. 
Anyway, hats off to BGP, they have done an amazing job, just goes to show that getting people interested in racing, punting and attending the races, can be done. 
All the old farts running clubs over the years, should take a big look at these guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Ha ha, was a funny read alright. As i have said before, mardi is into arbing. Bazza has given some good winners at times, so give him credit where credits due, as for curious?? Well, really just agrees with mardi, who knows, they could be related. 
Anyway, hats off to BGP, they have done an amazing job, just goes to show that getting people interested in racing, punting and attending the races, can be done. 
All the old farts running clubs over the years, should take a big look at these guys.

Bazza did try giving all sundry two sure fire systems to use but the only fire created was when he crashed and burned with both systems being abject failures. As I have said previously even a blind squirrel finds a nut now then. Probably best way to describe him....nut that is. ? 

You could be right, Mardigras and Curious could well be brothers, twins even, perhaps Siamese twins as they do seem closely connected somehow. :D    

On 4/02/2020 at 2:00 PM, All The Aces said:

Bazza did try giving all sundry two sure fire systems to use but the only fire created was when he crashed and burned with both systems being abject failures. As I have said previously even a blind squirrel finds a nut now then. Probably best way to describe him....nut that is. ? 

You could be right, Mardigras and Curious could well be brothers, twins even, perhaps Siamese twins as they do seem closely connected somehow. :D    

Throw in Leggy too and you might be on to something. 

2 hours ago, curious said:

I can assure you DB as many here know, that Leggy and Curious are one and the same. However, neither are related in any way to mardi.

Cmon, it's so frustrating not being able to view all yous fellas tips now...

Did you have Da Shark at 50's this week?

Cant you rescind the ban with your 'influence'?

4 hours ago, Thomass said:

Cmon, it's so frustrating not being able to view all yous fellas tips now...

Did you have Da Shark at 50's this week?

Cant you rescind the ban with your 'influence'?

Don't think it would be much use to you Thommo. Most of the selections don't represent the poster's assessment of the best chance to win the race, don't take into account gear changes, barrier draws, wide without cover, 3yos after Christmas, down in class, or weight changes etc, nor do they generaly place much emphasis on recent form. There are often long runs of misses as well. The other small thing is that all selections are put up before the race. So, I doubt it would be helpful advocating to rescind the ban for you.

Edited by curious
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, curious said:

Don't think it would be much use to you Thommo. Most of the selections don't represent the poster's assessment of the best chance to win the race, don't take into account gear changes, barrier draws, wide without cover, 3yos after Christmas, down in class, or weight changes etc, nor do they generaly place much emphasis on recent form. There are often long runs of misses as well. The other small thing is that all selections are put up before the race. So, I doubt it would be helpful advocating to rescind the ban for you.

My Mrs is on a long run of outs as well so she's on a final warning...

It's a real shame you 'analyse' animals as robots without brains though...

Isnt that disrespectful?

'Recent' horrible form could mean a coronoviral outbreak of epic proportions and you just IGNORE it uh?

Or your inability to realise a hard run...without cover...around corners...facing the breeze isn't the same as a coronoviral crisis...

...but you treat it the same...

...the Chinese would arrest you for such analysis....

..thank da Gods you live here then...

And of course the last 9 selections I've listed have all come in!

2 Tris, a Q and a winner...ALL IN ONE

170,000/1 

Applied for a GBOR I have...Its inda que 

suck that up

Dear wals...

l've given you da Blue Print to prosperity and fame...and hotties associated with that reality...and you continue to ask...even though you should have cop'd the f on by now...

..and seeing its thank the f it's Friday..I'm feeling benevolent today

..and while Tommy does qualify after his ok effort on a Prem day...albeit very limited units there...and a history of unsoundness...this race is its best chance for some time...but poor value

You could couple up a few others, that are in the Blue Print, to get that value unit up though...

Fields is backing up in the last...something a careful Trainer like him doesn't do too often...(won paying $2)

Fearless gives you a 8.5 return on that (only ran 2nd) and Parkes riding both always gives you a run for your money...Tips Mary as a back up in that...(won paying $4.80 - no mention of taking a quinella which paid $6.50)

Bring to da Block has a heap of nervous energy being by Guillotine...ear covers off indicates she may have matured and should go well fresh..home track (2nd paying $1.50)

The best value of the day is La Turque...35's last night...home track Blinkers on...improved from last start...should lead and even the place could be multied with some of those others..(3rd at $3.90)

Saver on Sainted Pearl and the 1 in that race...(Sainted Pearl won, trifecta paid $85.20)

So it's a poor value day with better menyana wals...go easy but do the any 3/4 multi and any 2/3 options if you have the deli belli gut flora of a knat...and spread it around a bit...you should be good at that

best

How do you get 170,000/1 from the above?

• Haha 1