Bit Of A Yarn

Michael House - one third of the starters!!!!

Brodie

Michael House is keeping Manawatu harness racing going at the moment!

This Friday he is providing 31% of the starters if my arithmetic is semi accurate!

83 horses down to race and Michael is providing 26 starters at this stage, which is rather incredible and would this be a record number of horses at any meeting ever in NZ?

There is a trainer in Tasmania I think that always has heaps of horses lining up there!

Would the Watu still be able to race if Michael wasn’t taking the horses up?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Brodie said:

There is a trainer in Tasmania I think that always has heaps of horses lining up there!

Yeah it is quite amazing Brodie. Ben Yole starts around 30-40 at the Tas meetings and scratches out a winner from 'Weight of Numbers" 

Usually 2 a meeting currently so this season 70 wins from 1000 starters. Very poor strikerate 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

All I know is that I don't bet at Manawatu anymore .

You are right Happy. As a retired person living on the 'Punt" I have written to Tas harness admin several times telling them having 8 stablemates in a race , out of 12 runners, several times a meeting, just IS NOT a punting proposition so Tas harness WILL DIE.

No one will bet on that rubbish. At least with M House and M Purdon in NZ there , with several horses in a race, their horses perform well and are still a good betting option.

Tas Harness racing is absolute and total RUBBISH. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gammalite said:

I have written to Tas harness admin several times telling them having 8 stablemates in a race , out of 12 runners, several times a meeting, just IS NOT a punting proposition so Tas harness WILL DIE.

It just leaves races open to undue influence and at worst manipulation. Not that I have any proof as it is just my perception.

I won't bet in races with 3 or 4 purdon runners just as I wouldn't bet on a race with 3 or 4 Dunn, McGrath, House or Knight horses. 

8 stablemates in a race is ludicrous. It really is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

It just leaves races open to undue influence and at worst manipulation. Not that I have any proof as it is just my perception.

I won't bet in races with 3 or 4 purdon runners just as I wouldn't bet on a race with 3 or 4 Dunn, McGrath, House or Knight horses. 

8 stablemates in a race is ludicrous. It really is.

No Question that it just HAS to, even unintentionally influencing, you just aren't going to drive as hard against stablemates as you would against other stables.

It is truly a real Pain, as it is truly hard enough trying to drive your horse to victory any race, without having to' look out' for stablemates.

Grant Dixon qualified 8 of the 12 runners in a feature trot here at Christmas. No one bet on that race at all. just a joke.

• Like 2

Guest CrossCodes

He might have a lot of horses in, but overall they have all been very ordinary.

Nowhere near the success he had on the circuit last season, he’s just a numbers trainer getting wins on stats alone, hasn’t had anything decent in a long long time.

His Auckland stable runners are all awful, does he still have any up there?

12 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

He might have a lot of horses in, but overall they have all been very ordinary.

Nowhere near the success he had on the circuit last season, he’s just a numbers trainer getting wins on stats alone, hasn’t had anything decent in a long long time.

His Auckland stable runners are all awful, does he still have any up there?

3 wins / 3 seconds / 3 thirds - (including 1 trifecta).  Not too bad I would've thought considering he multiple runners in some races?

What the hell has he done to "Noble Mistress" .... Even when Maria had the horse always stepped super fast and did the same when Matt took over including that 10 length win at Addington.

4 starts now for MH and can hardly hold its gait for the whole race.

• Haha 1

Guest CrossCodes

24 starters today at Otaki for 2 wins and 2 thirds, that’s not great reading by anyone’s standards, and a lot of his horses were beaten a long way from home and down to a walk. 
The Dalgety pair were equally as poor, both very badly beaten, not sure who they are being looked after by.

11 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

The Dalgety pair were equally as poor, both very badly beaten, not sure who they are being looked after by.

She's A Rebel won at Forbury first up paying $1.80 and they talked her up, albeit, against a moderate field but now she can't even finish a race proper.

Woman in Gold was going for a spell two weeks ago but comes out yesterday and wins for Regan Todd.