Bit Of A Yarn

What makes a BIG STABLE get BIG Results?

Gammalite

In Australia , the answer is two-fold with main winning formula being Have big spending owners and 'Buy the Already racing' NEW ZEALAND standardbreds.

In both countries the Importance of having owner backing is Paramount (Brodie knows this)) I rate the ratio of importance to get results as 75% owner, 20% Trainer, 5% driver.

No Stock = No Wins.

Our great horseman Vin Knight didn't win an Interdominion driving for 10 straight attempts.A couple of stable staff did. He had owners buying from NZ and Tas for big results.

In very recent times Mark has a FANTASTIC, TOP level bunch of owners supplying the stock. No surprise are the Great Results.

In Menangle The McCarthy Clan are winning many lately (kiwi Craig Cross listed as trainer so that Luke can do catch driving when required)

West Australia has just had it's 2 big races. The Fremantle Cup recently won by CAVIAR STAR picked up 200k  sold to Aus (Hall Stable)  after winning Manawatu 2018. you already know of all their success with 'I'm TheMightyQuinn' from NZ.

The West Australia Cup (450k) was won by the Greg Bond stable. they ran 6 of the first 7 placings !!!!!!! Better than ALLSTARS and no cheating accusations either.

All kiwi bred horses purchased while racing in New ZEALAND. Mighty Conqueror 2018, Vampiro 2017, Our Jimmy Johnstone 2014, Galactic Star 2016, Our Alfie Romeo 2018, El Jacko 2015, Anna Malak 2018. The date is year of purchase from New Zealand.

When two of these stables combined recently (Hall +McCarthy) with KING OF SWING (another NZer from Ray Greens 2017) that proved UNSTOPPABLE in the Hunter Cup last week. Too much for ALLSTARS to beat even. 

In SUMMARY , Having Stock WIns BIG Races, Trainers help them keep fit and feel good, KIWI Breds Are the BEST !!!   Add a couple of zeroes on to your horse price when the Aussies come knocking again shortly.  They'll be back after All this success. Nothing left there for Mark to beat.? No wonder he wins everything.

6 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

david "the chief" butcher also an asset

definitely the "Elsu" man and of course AGH and Nat over the years are in the World's best.

Aussie drivers are quite poor in comparison  hahahaha. I Love Vinnie, but poor drives were common really lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

bullshit mark p ran last in world drivers champ so is piss poor driver lol

Some good news Hunter, is Dexter Dunn WON the last World Driving Championship they had down under in 2015 for NZ.

Shame he's still not over there to give Mark a run for the money

5 hours ago, Gammalite said:

In Australia , the answer is two-fold with main winning formula being Have big spending owners and 'Buy the Already racing' NEW ZEALAND standardbreds.

In both countries the Importance of having owner backing is Paramount (Brodie knows this)) I rate the ratio of importance to get results as 75% owner, 20% Trainer, 5% driver.

No Stock = No Wins.

Our great horseman Vin Knight didn't win an Interdominion driving for 10 straight attempts.A couple of stable staff did. He had owners buying from NZ and Tas for big results.

In very recent times Mark has a FANTASTIC, TOP level bunch of owners supplying the stock. No surprise are the Great Results.

In Menangle The McCarthy Clan are winning many lately (kiwi Craig Cross listed as trainer so that Luke can do catch driving when required)

West Australia has just had it's 2 big races. The Fremantle Cup recently won by CAVIAR STAR picked up 200k  sold to Aus (Hall Stable)  after winning Manawatu 2018. you already know of all their success with 'I'm TheMightyQuinn' from NZ.

The West Australia Cup (450k) was won by the Greg Bond stable. they ran 6 of the first 7 placings !!!!!!! Better than ALLSTARS and no cheating accusations either.

All kiwi bred horses purchased while racing in New ZEALAND. Mighty Conqueror 2018, Vampiro 2017, Our Jimmy Johnstone 2014, Galactic Star 2016, Our Alfie Romeo 2018, El Jacko 2015, Anna Malak 2018. The date is year of purchase from New Zealand.

When two of these stables combined recently (Hall +McCarthy) with KING OF SWING (another NZer from Ray Greens 2017) that proved UNSTOPPABLE in the Hunter Cup last week. Too much for ALLSTARS to beat even. 

In SUMMARY , Having Stock WIns BIG Races, Trainers help them keep fit and feel good, KIWI Breds Are the BEST !!!   Add a couple of zeroes on to your horse price when the Aussies come knocking again shortly.  They'll be back after All this success. Nothing left there for Mark to beat.? No wonder he wins everything.

Looks looks like you have been busy trying to prove nothing!

It was about time bond produced some big results to justify his big spending.

does the name Clint hall and his epo do ring any bells for you . Who do you think he took the fall for?

If I remember rightly didn't Luke get a positive drug test then shift his horses in belinda's name. Now uses cross to protect his licence. I have noticed that cross has been hard to beat lately! It's been awhile since mccarthy/cross were so dominant.

speaking of Luke. He must be a poor driver in your opinion . Remember when allstars put him on some of there unbeatable stock in Sydney when mark wasn't around. And to noone's surprise these horses under performed. Must have been that poor Aussie driver!

You still haven't explained to us how Allstars can from a number of seasons with nice group race results to winning about 95% of races they have entries in. Don't bring up your bullshit spiel about having well bred stock. Do you think the likes of the Dunn's cran, butt's etc just buy poor bred stock.these trainers basically became uncompetitive in group races overnight.

Perhaps if mark improved the breeding of his stock overnight he should refund all training fees from previous seasons for doing a poor job.

does allstars sudden total domination have anything to do with the Canadian with the very dubious record that Allstars employed at this time?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Some good news Hunter, is Dexter Dunn WON the last World Driving Championship they had down under in 2015 for NZ.

Shame he's still not over there to give Mark a run for the money

Why do you think Dexter left. He immediately got live chances in all North American races. Something that wasn't happening on a regular basis in nz

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

Looks looks like you have been busy trying to prove nothing!

It was about time bond produced some big results to justify his big spending.

does the name Clint hall and his epo do ring any bells for you . Who do you think he took the fall for?

If I remember rightly didn't Luke get a positive drug test then shift his horses in belinda's name. Now uses cross to protect his licence. I have noticed that cross has been hard to beat lately! It's been awhile since mccarthy/cross were so dominant.

speaking of Luke. He must be a poor driver in your opinion . Remember when allstars put him on some of there unbeatable stock in Sydney when mark wasn't around. And to noone's surprise these horses under performed. Must have been that poor Aussie driver!

You still haven't explained to us how Allstars can from a number of seasons with nice group race results to winning about 95% of races they have entries in. Don't bring up your bullshit spiel about having well bred stock. Do you think the likes of the Dunn's cran, butt's etc just buy poor bred stock.these trainers basically became uncompetitive in group races overnight.

Perhaps if mark improved the breeding of his stock overnight he should refund all training fees from previous seasons for doing a poor job.

does allstars sudden total domination have anything to do with the Canadian with the very dubious record that Allstars employed at this time?

Thank-you for your feed-back , most of which seems fine although you lack any positive spin nearly all the time. Harness racing is fun!

Not proving anything , just hinting to owners to not undervalue their stock should and when the Aussies come knocking. 3 of those Bond horses won their last 2 starts at Gore before being sold. With this latest success they'll be back.

Yeah agree with you the Aussie drivers are poor compared to kiwi ones. including Luke . Maybe because all the Speed racing has to effect your judgement after a while. Albion Park here is all speed racing , instead of stayers and driving ability is limited for sure.

Going back,  the Reid's breeding nice horses and 'Black Watch' with the Purdon's, they have had lovely bred horses over the years and always competitive , you and I could make a grand list of Magnificent animals, over 3 decades if we wanted Blossom.

Dunn's and Cran seem to be struggling in just regular races with a lot of horses these days. Good to see Dr Susan doing well though , yes? Is Barry main NZ rival now?  2nd in the Interdominion with Mach Shard and Belle of Montana winning G1's . Is he under your scrutiny as well ? seem to be abnormally good performances.

sorry but have already said I don't know the ALLSTARS staff , Canadian or other. stuff you know that is making you disturbed maybe? (just kidding) give you some credit , at least you say it how you see it hahahah  only way to be.

52 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Thank-you for your feed-back , most of which seems fine although you lack any positive spin nearly all the time. Harness racing is fun!

Not proving anything , just hinting to owners to not undervalue their stock should and when the Aussies come knocking. 3 of those Bond horses won their last 2 starts at Gore before being sold. With this latest success they'll be back.

Yeah agree with you the Aussie drivers are poor compared to kiwi ones. including Luke . Maybe because all the Speed racing has to effect your judgement after a while. Albion Park here is all speed racing , instead of stayers and driving ability is limited for sure.

Going back,  the Reid's breeding nice horses and 'Black Watch' with the Purdon's, they have had lovely bred horses over the years and always competitive , you and I could make a grand list of Magnificent animals, over 3 decades if we wanted Blossom.

Dunn's and Cran seem to be struggling in just regular races with a lot of horses these days. Good to see Dr Susan doing well though , yes? Is Barry main NZ rival now?  2nd in the Interdominion with Mach Shard and Belle of Montana winning G1's . Is he under your scrutiny as well ? seem to be abnormally good performances.

sorry but have already said I don't know the ALLSTARS staff , Canadian or other. stuff you know that is making you disturbed maybe? (just kidding) give you some credit , at least you say it how you see it hahahah  only way to be.

You beat around the bush and talk more crap than most politicians.

• Haha 1

To be fair I wouldn’t give the owners a heck of a lot of the credit at all for having winning horses.

They just have to pay the bills and would have very  little say especially the owners in the AllStars stable!

The training and driver are the 2 most important facts.

A potentially champion horse could be just average if the trainer doesn’t feed or train it well.

A potentially good can be a very average horse with a poor driver on board and we see that week in and week out.

Yes it helps to have owners who can spend big money on horses but theses same owners could spend plenty and send their horses to poor trainers and they will not get great results.

We have been spoilt in NZ in recent years by having possibly the 2 best drivers we have ever had in Dexter Dunn and Blair Orange.

Which one is better is hard to decide and if Blair was driving in the U,S. I am sure he would be cleaning up as well.

30 minutes ago, Brodie said:

To be fair I wouldn’t give the owners a heck of a lot of the credit at all for having winning horses.

They just have to pay the bills and would have very  little say especially the owners in the AllStars stable!

The training and driver are the 2 most important facts.

A potentially champion horse could be just average if the trainer doesn’t feed or train it well.

A potentially good can be a very average horse with a poor driver on board and we see that week in and week out.

Yes it helps to have owners who can spend big money on horses but theses same owners could spend plenty and send their horses to poor trainers and they will not get great results.

We have been spoilt in NZ in recent years by having possibly the 2 best drivers we have ever had in Dexter Dunn and Blair Orange.

Which one is better is hard to decide and if Blair was driving in the U,S. I am sure he would be cleaning up as well.

Fair comment, I guess I am talking Australia mainly, where the top barns have owners that are consistently buying each year, to keep that stable competing in all the top races like the ones I said, Bond, Hall, McCarthy, Gath, etc,  buying from New Zealand.

Your 2 best drivers should be Peter Wolfenden MBE and Tony Herlihy MNZM as best ever , both won many, many races for the famous Purdon barn as well, so yes a good trainer/ driver combo does work well as you suggested.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

You beat around the bush and talk more crap than most politicians.

There is your true colours , after trolling my UPBEAT article on how well KIWI horses are doing in Aus, I responded with courtesy to your negative 8 point backlash with answers and you come up with more personal attack. Typical troll.

Overnight, I had some messages that is your 'usual form', also 'you're wasting your time with him, Gammalite' and 'ALLSTARS stable staff horror stories' is part of your TROLL method with lies.  Haters will hate . That's what they do.

Not at all good for one's respect and honesty in life.

That answers my question that you refused to answer of  'Do you actually like Harness Racing?'    Answer obviously No.

Just actually like Trolling strangers on the Net forums instead,       Good grief, why not buy a horse or something.

55 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

There is your true colours , after trolling my UPBEAT article on how well KIWI horses are doing in Aus, I responded with courtesy to your negative 8 point backlash with answers and you come up with more personal attack. Typical troll.

Overnight, I had some messages that is your 'usual form', also 'you're wasting your time with him, Gammalite' and 'ALLSTARS stable staff horror stories' is part of your TROLL method with lies.  Haters will hate . That's what they do.

Not at all good for one's respect and honesty in life.

That answers my question that you refused to answer of  'Do you actually like Harness Racing?'    Answer obviously No.

Just actually like Trolling strangers on the Net forums instead,       Good grief, why not buy a horse or something.

titcomb I can tell you blossom is very honest    it is you that not likes honesty

14 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

titcomb I can tell you blossom is very honest    it is you that not likes honesty

Sorry Hunter, I should be more honest. 

Lets go with:- Blossom (the very honest One) is a true credit to the sport of Harness racing.!!  Not one negative Post. No accusations without Proof. No Insults to anybody. A pleasure to chat with.

His/her support of the ALL Participants in harness racing and forum posters is Second to None. Full of bright cheer and enthusiasm. Highly recommended !!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Let me guess who....

Not hard to figure out who plays the game of PMs to stir shit and attempt to disrupt a site.

Sorry to disrupt site Happy . I am sick of all the negative trolling so am out of here so not to cause anymore disruption.

Debating with some , will only make you miserable like them, and you blokes have already lost a lot of contributors already from it.

Better to acknowledge Champions than knock them.

All the best and Happy Punting.

• Sad 1