Bit Of A Yarn

Tim Mills......

This man has been a good Racing Administrator but as a CEO he continues to show that he lacks the ability and qualifications to hold this position.

The CJC ( i presume) pay for their time on Newstalk ZB every Saturday before 8am  and for the $20.00 bet they giveaway.

This morning Tims bet was $20.00 to WIN Te Akau Shark in Australia

Why is this so wrong.

1 - As the CEO of the Club holding a meeting today he is by his bet saying...Don't bet at my meeting, In 9 races there is nothing worth having a bet on (Thanks Tim I'll give your meeting a miss today)

2 - NZ Racing/RITA is entering desperate times and every cent counts. So why would Tim bet in a race in Australia where Australia will recieve co-mingling fees for such bet. A bet in NZ would keep all fees/commission for NZ Racing.

I know that we are not talking about alot of money here BUT it is the principal. As a CEO of a Club racing today and a major player in NZ Racing he should be support his own Meeting.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TIME FOR CHANGE said:

This man has been a good Racing Administrator but as a CEO he continues to show that he lacks the ability and qualifications to hold this position.

The CJC ( i presume) pay for their time on Newstalk ZB every Saturday before 8am  and for the $20.00 bet they giveaway.

This morning Tims bet was $20.00 to WIN Te Akau Shark in Australia

Why is this so wrong.

1 - As the CEO of the Club holding a meeting today he is by his bet saying...Don't bet at my meeting, In 9 races there is nothing worth having a bet on (Thanks Tim I'll give your meeting a miss today)

2 - NZ Racing/RITA is entering desperate times and every cent counts. So why would Tim bet in a race in Australia where Australia will recieve co-mingling fees for such bet. A bet in NZ would keep all fees/commission for NZ Racing.

I know that we are not talking about alot of money here BUT it is the principal. As a CEO of a Club racing today and a major player in NZ Racing he should be support his own Meeting.

Agree with your comments, charity begins at home as they say, quite unreal given the situation of nz racing.

Agree 100% this is a terrible example as well as being a pathetic bet.   $20 ona  $1.85 shot woop do bloody doo, the prize winner will be able to go out to Micky Dees or KFC and celebrate if it wins.   Tim Mills and Carey Hobbs have both been around since i was a kid and might have been good in there jobs but its ridiculous they are still CEOs of major clubs. Just gravy trainers now.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2