Tracks may close

Mehe

3 minutes ago, racinggreys said:

I think your right.

1. Nominations
  2. Cost to maintain and what sort of condition the infrastructures like
  3. How safe track is
  4. Does the club have the ability to run a bigger business
  5. how far from the trainers is it (like southland)
  6. Cost of lease of the property because not all own

The list could go on forever

I wouldn't focus too much on fixed costs.  Variable costs are the key and cost to stakeholders that provide the product e.g. trainers and owners.

5 hours ago, eljay said:

Which track does the best turnover - that is ultimately what will decide.

Very poor guide IMO.

To compare Cambridge turnover from a Thursday afternoon isn't in the same category as Auckland from a Sunday afternoon.

Most punters are at work on a Thursday afternoon and they are not on a Sunday.

• Like 1

But the decision will be made by those who only interested in money - ok?       Thursdays, Sundays, or any other day wont come into it  to start with.       But only my suspicion.       And of course no one will be on course unless licenced and have a runner.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mighty5 said:

Auckland has a lot of group 1 events. 

So what if Auckland has alot of group 1 races they will lose them and I'm thinking all group 1 races will  be gone for a year once racing starts

I still cant see how Auckland can run a meeting 

Would you not rather race on a safe track 

If cambridge is holding the meeting they will have know problem getting 12 races

Edited by Mehe

22 hours ago, Mehe said:

So what if Auckland has alot of group 1 races they will lose them and I'm thinking all group 1 races will  be gone for a year once racing starts

I still cant see how Auckland can run a meeting 

Would you not rather race on a safe track 

If cambridge is holding the meeting they will have know problem getting 12 races

Only reason cambridge gets a meeting now is because of Cole's coming north every week. 

Not sure I did miss the point haha. Jacob stated that the only reason Cambridge gets full fields is because of the Cole team. I don’t think I mentioned moving out of your region? I said if one track closes eg: Auckland, Cambridge would get full fields. Get your glasses out. 

On 21/04/2020 at 1:35 PM, Mehe said:

Have you seen the government ease restrictions yet I ca t see them doing it again 

Saying mid may Jacob your saying what the government has virtually said

Right now. What the government is saying would give us the most accurate timeline on when racing resumes. 

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

It's good to see that some trainers are struggling a bit less to make ends meet during the lock-down.

https://services.workandincome.govt.nz/eps/search

image.png.b405d2647f2dd4d15f81d6c4a1a27a62.png

Interesting Yankiwi.  

I wonder who those 8 'Employees' are, and whether some of them even know they are one of the eight, if you know what I mean. 

How many of them are 'raceday employees' , not currently required?

How many of them family?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this has been corrupted by Mr Bigtime. (duh)

Although you could hardly blame him, we've heard in the news how this has just been a big lolly scramble from the Govt.  And the bigger the business the more scope to take the piss...and let's face it Cole has been taking the piss for how long now.

Maybe after Covid-19 we might go back to paying nom fees, racing for ribbons, racing for love , and wankers like Cole can #uck off to Aussie or something (jail maybe) , and leave the genuine grassrooters to it.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

I think it says if your income drops by 30% your entitled to apply well he won't have any income and he will be counting all staff plus himself and his kids if they are employed and lisa so there are 4 of the 8  

You cant just say hey I have 8 staff they need ird numbers they need date of birth and they check that all before hand 

You can call cole a wanker but he hasnt done anything wrong this time 

Edited by Mehe

There is some form of a piss take indeed going on.

It seems the companies director is someone that doesn't exist any longer!

The companies register has someone named as "Lisa Jane AHERN" is the sole director of the company.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/2122986?backurl=H4sIAAAAAAAAAC2LMQrDMBAEf6PGhV8gQqo0LgL2Bza6wzmwTsrpFPDvI0y62WFnrti5zankCpVBjWHpfcuFODaHEoyCn5Ujq4uPS%2FjEl%2ByTS%2BZJ1NkULkVxBNAXmpieUD6iW%2BdwRec2%2Bhbvy%2FLfq8N7e1jp9dI%2FG%2FTxK4YAAAA%3D

In 2015, the company went through the effort of changing the Particulars Of Director, by adding a zip code to the register, yet no change in surname to this day.

http://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/2122986/21797754/entityFilingRequirement?backurl=%2Fcompanies%2Fapp%2Fui%2Fpages%2Fcompanies%2F2122986%2Fdocuments%3Fbackurl%3DH4sIAAAAAAAAAC2LMQrDMBAEf6PGhV8gQqo0LgL2Bza6wzmwTsrpFPDvI0y62WFnrti5zankCpVBjWHpfcuFODaHEoyCn5Ujq4uPS%2FjEl%2ByTS%2BZJ1NkULkVxBNAXmpieUD6iW%2BdwRec2%2Bhbvy%2FLfq8N7e1jp9dI%2FG%2FTxK4YAAAA%3D

So as of this morning, the sole directory remains "Lisa Jane AHERN"

When was that "wedding" supposed to have taken place?

Edited by Yankiwi

They who is the person?

Is it Lisa Jane AHERN or Lisa Jane COLE?

A IRD number can only be issued to one person, not more than one alias. Same goes for a company director.

Lisa Jane AHERN can't run the company that Lisa Jane COLE is the trainer of, if they are both the same person. That would be deceitful and possibly fraud.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mehe said:

I think you know who it is and I will think you will find that she still uses the surname for most things

I think it was only changed when you started on about it 

Yankiwi is right, you can't use your maiden name to register as a company director, and then train for that same company under your married name, then work in the education sector under your maiden name. Why would you? If you change your legal name to Cole then that requires a name change in the other two areas. One IRD number, two different names?

Edited by Cockyaleg

Dodgy as all hell those Coles make no mistake, Bonnie and Clyde, partners in crime. I think she was going by Cole in some or all aspects of her life at one stage but once the shit hit the fan on the news a few years ago she quickly went back to double identities.

And let's not forget the reason the business is in her name in the first place..?

8 minutes ago, That Girl said:

Dodgy as all hell those Coles make no mistake, Bonnie and Clyde, partners in crime. I think she was going by Cole in some or all aspects of her life at one stage but once the shit hit the fan on the news a few years ago she quickly went back to double identities.

And let's not forget the reason the business is in her name in the first place..?

Bankruptcy in 2010? I believe that is when everything was changed in to his wife's name.