Bit Of A Yarn

Resumption of Racing – Stakes Levels through to the end of the 2019-20 Season

31 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Pathetic...you regurgitate tired phraseology and would never have had an original thought in ...your life.

Pot Kettle Holy!  Your regurgitation of tired phraseology is verging on a continuous stream of vomit!

When I was at University I used to love meeting people like you at parties.  I went to Lincoln College (University) and your types went to Canterbury University.  Occasionally we would cross pollinate.  I remember one party where I discovered the young lady (she went to Lincoln) I was pursuing was being pursued by a guy from Canterbury.  I was studying Horticultural Science - turns out the other guy was doing a Bachelor of Arts in Political History.  Never being one to retire into the corner I started talking to him.  He turned out to be an arde(r)nt communist.  Now I've never been one to remember quotes nor long passages of political doctrine but that's what I started hearing from this dude.  By the way he had a pony tale and was wearing sandals.  Nowadays he would be a Green supporter but then there wasn't many of them around - they were fringe types you invited to a party because they had a good supply of dope.

My approach in situations like this is - what do you believe in?  Out roll the quotes.  Hmm Ok what does that mean - out rolls another quote.  Hmm Ok help me understand in your words.  He tries.  But very hard for him when he couldn't transfer the quote philosophy to practical examples.  So I start transferring for him - using examples from our everyday life.  Things like - Have you ever picked strawberries to make money during the holidays?  Yeah man course I have.  So I have a strawberry farm and according to your quotes you are saying I should pay all the pickers the same regardless of how hard they work?.....you see where this is going.  I keep doing this and he starts repeating his quotes - he has run out of new ones and has somehow lost the ability to think.  He starts getting angrier and angrier.  Starts shouting - "when the revolution happens you will be the first against wall" - another quote!  People intervene to take him outside.

Well that was easy I thought.  Now where is that chick?  Shyte she's hooked up with someone else!

So Holy it is only because of lock down and I'm bored that I spend time debating with someone who rolls out quote after quote.

She had really nice breasts..........?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Pot Kettle Holy!  Your regurgitation of tired phraseology is verging on a continuous stream of vomit!

When I was at University I used to love meeting people like you at parties.  I went to Lincoln College (University) and your types went to Canterbury University.  Occasionally we would cross pollinate.  I remember one party where I discovered the young lady (she went to Lincoln) I was pursuing was being pursued by a guy from Canterbury.  I was studying Horticultural Science - turns out the other guy was doing a Bachelor of Arts in Political History.  Never being one to retire into the corner I started talking to him.  He turned out to be an arde(r)nt communist.  Now I've never been one to remember quotes nor long passages of political doctrine but that's what I started hearing from this dude.  By the way he had a pony tale and was wearing sandals.  Nowadays he would be a Green support but then there wasn't many of them around - they were fringe types you invited to a party because they had a good supply of dope.

My approach in situations like this is - what do you believe in?  Out roll the quotes.  Hmm Ok what does that mean - out rolls another quote.  Hmm Ok help me understand in your words.  He tries.  But very hard for him when he couldn't transfer the quote philosophy to practical examples.  So I start transferring for him - using examples from our everyday life.  Things like - Have you ever picked strawberries to make money during the holidays?  Yeah man course I have.  So I have a strawberry farm and according to you your quotes you are saying I should pay all the pickers the same regardless of how hard they work?.....you see where this is going.  I keep doing this and he starts repeating his quotes - he has run out of new ones and has somehow has lost the ability to think.  He starts getting angrier and angrier.  Starts shouting - "when the revolution happens you will be the first against wall" - another quote!  People intervene to take him outside.

Well that was easy I thought.  Now where is that chick?  Shyte she's hooked up with someone else!

So Holy it is only because of lock down and I'm bored that I spend time debating with someone who rolls out quote after quote.

She had really nice breasts..........

I won't t run out of quotes....or my  own considered opinions.

Your anecdote is quite subjective but does inform that much to my surprise you have a tertiary education.

My 'type' is very hard to pigeon hole.I actually have a mind open to different points of view.

56 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

I applaud you can accept that you do not understand the dialogue.

On that basis just maybe you should stfu.

I was asking you to translate it so we can all understand.  But all I get is another quote.

What does Parker say mean to you?

35 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

You see where you and I differ is I'm somewhat apolitical when it comes to doing what is right.  It isn't a Labour - National thing.  Sure philosophically I lean to the right of the political spectrum.  Possibly only because it is the right that consistently applies the economic theory that I think is best and consistently lets people get on with business and the freedoms associated with that.  I believe the compass of Governments should be limited to those things where the market fails.

My first memory of being politically aware dates back to 1972.  I ran for Parliament as a National candidate in 1984.  In 1987 I voted for Roger Douglas and his team to continue the reform that they were undertaking.

I respect our Parliamentary Democracy and the Westminster System it is based on.  I object vehemently when I see the principles enshrined in our system of Government overridden or abused.  That is one of my biggest objections to the way Adern has managed Covid-19.  She dissolved Parliament and instituted a system of Totalitarianism.  

What examples can you provide of this...'Possibly only because it is the right that consistently applies the economic theory that I think is best '!

Just now, Chief Stipe said:

I was asking you to translate it so we can all understand.  But all I get is another quote.

What does Parker say mean to you?

I understand it quite clearly.

Parker says the Govts actions are completely lawful and Bridges and co are indulging in quite unnecessary politicking.

You may have noticed 2 serial,  litigious clowns had initiated challenges to the Govts actions and been unceremoniously dismissed ,prior to Nationals spin doctors prompting the opposition  that there could be mileage in this approach.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Bridges point is that advice should have been available to ALL especially now.  But how could it when Adern closed Parliament!  Mind you that is probably acceptable to you as that is how the Communist Politburo operates.

Read Parker again and see if you can understand this time. Bridges is full of political shit.

https://thestandard.org.nz/parker-gives-bridges-a-lesson-in-constitutional-law/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Your anecdote is quite subjective but does inform that much to my surprise you have a tertiary education.

Yes and I'm proud of it.  A science degree.  I also took classes on the side in Resource Management Policy - these were taught by Duncan McIntryre's son and Rodney Hide at Lincoln.

With regard to my Science Degree I had to do 36 weeks of practical work before I was eligible for graduation.  That practical work was actually getting out onto properties in the industry and doing hard graft.  

I'm also proud of the fact that my first year at University was 1981 and that Lincoln was the only University that supported the Springbok Tour of that year.  Am I proud because I supported Apartheid - no because I didn't.  I'm proud because we stood for what we believed in.

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yes and I'm proud of it.  A science degree.  I also took classes on the side in Resource Management Policy - these were taught by Duncan McIntryre's son and Rodney Hide at Lincoln.

With regard to my Science Degree I had to do 36 weeks of practical work before I was eligible for graduation.  That practical work was actually getting out onto properties in the industry and doing hard graft.  

I'm also proud of the fact that my first year at University was 1981 and that Lincoln was the only University that supported the Springbok Tour of that year.  Am I proud because I supported Apartheid - no because I didn't.  I'm proud because we stood for what we believed in.

Yes another quote...'pride goes before a fall'...No surprise you supported the tour...people support all manner of things they 'believe in'.Name dropping Macintyre and Hide...2 particularly useless ,venal M.P's is a minus also.

13 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Yes another quote...'pride goes before a fall'...No surprise you supported the tour...people support all manner of things they 'believe in'.Name dropping Macintyre and Hide...2 particularly useless ,venal M.P's is a minus also.

Firstly, and I don't want to divert the discussion, I supported the tour because I valued the freedom of being able to associate and watch the sport I loved.  I did NOT support apartheid.  I, perhaps naively at that time, believed that politics and sport should not be mixed.  The 1981 Springbok Tour at University was my "Vietnam War."  It was what going to University was all about.  Growing up and fighting for causes.  I could do what I wanted to do.  Maybe Covid-19 is this generations "cause."  BUT what I firmly believe is that my view and actions were as important as the other side in bringing about change.

Secondly I'm not "name dropping" as you call it to justify ANY argument that I may have (your comment though hints at your age - so maybe you are not naive because of your age) but to validate that I'm not partisan purely because of red or blue or left or right.

Duncan McIntyre's (McIntyre was the Minister of Agriculture and for a time the Deputy Prime Minister during Muldoons government for those who are too young to remember) son was Angus.  Angus was a Senior Lecturer in Resource Management at Lincoln College when I attended.  As was Rodney Hide.  Both were well respected academics in their fields.  Now Angus had long hair, a beard and wore sandals.  Rodney was always in a suit.  Angus's father was a Cabinet Minister at the time and attending lectures I could never reconcile the two.  BUT Angus was a brilliant lecturer and academic and lecturer and I learnt heaps about public policy.  Rodney was the same.  Neither Angus or Rodney would have made successful politicians - too many brains and not political.  Sadly and I guess given the current situation Angus died from an asthma attack while on an academic transfer in the USA.

As for Duncan McIntyre - I was chairman of the Selwyn Young Nationals at the time his was Minister of Agriculture.  Lincoln University (College) was in the Selwyn Electorate - Ruth Richardson was our MP.  We went from not existing to being the largest Young Nationals branch in New Zealand inside a year.  Our focus was entirely political it wasn't social.  We held political forums where we invited Ministers and Industry Leaders and other protagonists to speak to a particular topic.  One forum was "The Meat Industry Reform."

Believe me in 1981/82 reforming the meat industry was one of the big political issues.  We had speakers from across the political spectrum.  I still have vivid memories of the day my Vice Chairman and I went to the Meat Workers Union office to talk to and invite the President to our forum.  There was the Russian flag on the wall behind his desk and Fidel Castro tapes sitting on his desk.  LOL my vice and I couldn't believe it but we talked to him and he agreed to come and speak representing the workers.  Derek Quigley was another and represented the Cabinet.  We had reps from the processing plants and so on.

Anyway to cut a long story short.  Late that night after the forum I got a call from a reporter from RNZ Morning Report asking me what had happened at the forum.  I just told it the way it was.  I didn't realise that the phone conversation was being recorded.  Anyway a week later at the local National Party Committee meeting Ruth Richardson is giving her monthly report on the state of the nation and she says how proud she was to hear the chairman of her Young Nationals Branch on RNZ Radio Report.  Being a politician she was turing a positive light on what I had said for the electorate committee.  Because what I had said was, in a nutshell, that the National Government's Meat Industry Reform "was a waste of time."  There were members, cabinet ministers and others saying to Ruth - "Can't you control your Young Nationals?"  

So my name is in Hansard where a Labour Minister asks the Right Honourable Duncan MacIntyre "what does the Minister of Agriculture have to say about the Chairman of the Selwyn Young Nationals comment on Morning Report that the Meat Industry Taskforce is a complete waste of time?"

The thing is Holy I'm not driven by ideology or  (quotes) but by what I think is right based  on facts and logic.  I'm the first in a team to stand up and say "I agree" but also the first to stand up if - "I disagree."

34 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

If you stopped to think instead of playing the man then you'd understand that what was revealed late this week has a bit more to play out.

Good point.The disparaging posts re the P.M INCITE THAT BEHAVIOUR.

Everything about your trials and tribulations in life as outlined ,does not support your assessment of yourself being aploitical or impartial.Screams blue thru and thru.

As for Ruthenasia ,they have reserved a special place in hell for that ideological,born to rule ..harridan.

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yeah well she paved the way for Jacinda.  Ruth was caring for TWO young children while Minister of Finance.

How did she pave the way for Jacinda...and more perplexing how the hell did that thing get impregnated!

She came from money and knows nothing about the real world.A common affliction with Natz m.p's.

15 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Everything about your trials and tribulations in life as outlined ,does not support your assessment of yourself being aploitical or impartial.Screams blue thru and thru.

I assure you they weren't TRIALS and TRIBULATIONS - they were fun times!  I guess you don't understand what trials and tribulations actually mean.

As for being "blue thru and thru" - more apt to call me sky blue - the intensity changes relative to what is required to do the right thing.

Aside from being a Left Wing Communist fanatic can you tell us a bit more about yourself?

• Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, holy ravioli said:

How did she pave the way for Jacinda...and more perplexing how the hell did that thing get impregnated!

Oh Ok you are a hypocrite as well?

2 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

She came from money and knows nothing about the real world.A common affliction with Natz m.p's.

What does "come from money mean"?  Can you explain?

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Still awaiting what you would have done differently. But then, to actually run a country faced with an unquantifiable threat to life takes a bit of courage and strength that is not found behind a keyboard armed with hindsight.

You've asked me to post what I would have done "as PM".

Can you give me a start date for my actions?  I'm conscious of not using the benefit of hindsight so I need to make sure I align what I said at the time with the relevant timeline.

Everyone!

For those that do and do not think that our prime minister is bad for NZ google this and then come back and tell us your opinion!!

Google: COMRADE JACINDA ARDERN - you tube

If you think  this lady is great for leading our NZ in a democracy then sadly you are deluded!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Everyone!

For those that do and do not think that our prime minister is bad for NZ google this and then come back and tell us your opinion!!

Google: COMRADE JACINDA ARDERN - you tube

If you think  this lady is great for leading our NZ in a democracy then sadly you are deluded!

Ewe are a sad,indoctrinated  individual that must have a head like a sponge.

Do you check for reds under the bed every morning or the new bogey man...muslim extremists?

15 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Ewe are a sad,indoctrinated  individual that must have a head like a sponge.

Do you check for reds under the bed every morning or the new bogey man...muslim extremists?

Holy Crap, what is your comment about her communist rant then?

Stop getting emotive and abusive!

Do you want to live in a communist country and be dictated to or not?

From your rants and comments today, you clearly do, but most in NZ don’t but don’t know how dangerous this prime minister is.