Bit Of A Yarn

Another INCA case thrown out of Court! Then an RIU raid follows.

Noodlum

1 hour ago, Noodlum said:

I disagree.  We are not privy to all the information that was available to the Judge.  It isn't as if she got off scot free.  Of course the prosecutor could have asked for a review of the sentence.

Contrast that with what has happened to McGrath.  Even though he had no case to answer in the Court he has been financially broken and forced from his career.  As well as suffering constant harassment by the RIU.

Wounding with reckless disregard is a very serious offence,at least it normally is seen that way. You can be sentenced up to 7 years in prison. So to discharge someone without conviction,whatever the defendants circumstances, seems to give little consideration of the impact on the victim. I think the article is detailed enough to conclude that.

10 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Why was he forced from his career?

Exactly. Its a misrepresentation of the facts.  Mcgrath continued to train and only gave up when he was allegedly observed tubing a horse on raceday. He's the one that did that,no one else.  Besides,as has been said before,the burden of proof is different in the courts from in  racing . 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

Just now, the galah said:

Wounding with reckless disregard is a very serious offence,at least it normally is seen that way. You can be sentenced up to 7 years in prison. So to discharge someone without conviction,whatever the defendants circumstances, seems to give little consideration of the impact on the victim. I think the article is detailed enough to conclude that.

Exactly. Its a misrepresentation of the facts.  Mcgrath continued to train and only gave up when he was allegedly observed tubing a horse on raceday.   Besides,as has been said before,the burden of proof is different in the courts from in  racing . 

say something that is true you lier there was no tubing of any horse 

15 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

It certainly was no surprise as to who the judge was in this case. He has a long history of being soft on crims!

Back up there.  He threw the INCA case out I.e. no crime was proven.

Quite different to giving what you view to be a soft sentence.

• Like 2

Just now, hunterthepunter said:

say something that is true you lier there was no tubing of any horse 

I said allegedly tubing. So your telling us he did not do so?.  So what did they observe him do. How about you tell us. Or are you simply playing with words. 

5 minutes ago, the galah said:

Besides,as has been said before,the burden of proof is different in the courts from in  racing .

Then why the bloody hell did the RIU engage their Police mates?  Just to wear the flak jackets and radios when doing the raids?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

not playing with words I no what went on 

Of the 5 charges he has to face, one is attempting to administer a prohibited substance and another of obstructing a racecourse inspectors attempt to seize evidence. It has been reported in the media that equipment used  for tubing a horse was seized. But your saying  he did not tube a horse.Time will tell the exact detail.

Personally i don't know why Mcgrath just doesn't admit that he was doing something outside the rules,accept the penalty,then come back when his time is up.I know that may seem a simplistic view,but sometimes taking the simplest path is the best option. 

Edited by the galah

2 minutes ago, the galah said:

Of the 5 charges he has to face, one is attempting to administer a prohibited substance and another of obstructing a racecourse inspectors attempt to seize evidence. It has been reported in the media that equipment used  for tubing a horse was seized. But your saying  he did not tube a horse.Time will tell the exact detail.

Personally i don't know why Mcgrath just doesn't accept that he was doing something he shouldn't,accept the penalty,then come back when his time is up.I know that may seem a simplistic view,but sometimes taking the simplest path is the best option. 

sounds like the media love good story to sell papers I can tell you no horses were tubed  so get your faxes right before you post lies

On 6/5/2020 at 3:46 PM, the galah said:

I'm saying the police make decisions relating to their jurisdiction and the riu make decisions relating to their jurisdiction. If their evidence gathering overlaps then its common sense to pool resources.  

Why should they pool resources? Shouldnt they be indipendent of each other? Sounds like you work for the riu

• Like 1