Bit Of A Yarn

RIP Gisborne

13 minutes ago, curious said:

What's the BS?

IMO

Rather than waste time and energy fighting a battle they were unlikely to win, the committee is concentrating on making the best of an opportunity to shift their annual meeting to the Hastings racecourse.

When the provisional dates for the 2020-21 season were released last month, Makaraka was among the 10 tracks not included in the schedule. The PBTC committee quickly decided that it was more sensible to embrace change than oppose it and has already had a meeting with Hawke’s Bay Racing chief executive Darin Balcombe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huey said:

BS decision for certain, what a waste of a great week of racing to go to and become just another HB meeting.

You on the NZTR payroll now Curious?

I don't get why it is a BS decision by the club. What else could they do? Nor do I get what is BS about what Barton wrote?

17 minutes ago, curious said:

I don't get why it is a BS decision by the club. What else could they do? Nor do I get what is BS about what Barton wrote?

No true, its the club choice , but its BS they had to make that decision.

Be interesting to see what Wairoa decide. I still don't see why NZTR have over-ridden the Messara recommendation to maintain one club/course racing in each region. I'd like to know their rationale for that and why the RITA which is supposed to be implementing those recommendations have gone along with closing down these regional tracks.

1 hour ago, curious said:

Be interesting to see what Wairoa decide. I still don't see why NZTR have over-ridden the Messara recommendation to maintain one club/course racing in each region. I'd like to know their rationale for that and why the RITA which is supposed to be implementing those recommendations have gone along with closing down these regional tracks.

Yes, it has happened before, once a circuit is split up it eventually flounders to non existence. 

What I cant comprehend wrt Rita is why it hasn't addressed the pivotal point in all the restructuring which was the outsourcing.  

All the rest is pointless without that.

• Like 1

Seems a no brainer to come down to Hastings. Appears just a matter of time until they go broke racing at home.

However, the recent race days had not been profitable for the club. Fixed costs can be a problem when an isolated course hosts just one raceday a year and the incentives to attract horses – which included a $200 payment per horse and a $10,000 trainers’ prize this year - are an added cost.

“We have been in a position to do it, but it has been eating into the capital, which is slowly whittling away,” Young said. “We usually have bills of around $100,000 to $120,000 to pay after each meeting and there will be savings if we race at Hastings.”

There were 69 runners, spread over eight races, at the PBTC’s most recent meeting, in February, but Team Rogerson provided a third of the starters.

18 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

Seems a no brainer to come down to Hastings. Appears just a matter of time until they go broke racing at home.

I suppose it depends how much owner and punter business the industry loses from the area as a result compared with the cost of the industry properly funding those meetings so they are nor run at a loss by the club.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, All The Aces said:

However, the recent race days had not been profitable for the club. Fixed costs can be a problem when an isolated course hosts just one raceday a year and the incentives to attract horses – which included a $200 payment per horse and a $10,000 trainers’ prize this year - are an added cost.

“We have been in a position to do it, but it has been eating into the capital, which is slowly whittling away,” Young said. “We usually have bills of around $100,000 to $120,000 to pay after each meeting and there will be savings if we race at Hastings.”

There were 69 runners, spread over eight races, at the PBTC’s most recent meeting, in February, but Team Rogerson provided a third of the starters.

It will be a nothing meeting at HB within 2 years, I don't see what the problem is if the club is funding it, unless of course they wanted an easy out which may have been the case.

13 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Well in all fairness I'm guessing the $2m will be transferred before NZTR have a say under the new Act!

Transferred where and why? It's the club's money. The club is not being dissolved.

Edited by curious

32 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Under the proposed new act NZTR say where the money goes.  Have to fund that AWT at Awapuni some how.

OK. You must have read a different Bill. I thought that only potentially occured on dissolution of the club which doesn't seem to be happening in this case and even then, only after community interests are considered.

1 minute ago, curious said:

OK. You must have read a different Bill. I thought that only potentially occured on dissolution of the club which doesn't seem to be happening in this case and even then, only after community interests are considered.

I read the latest bill and the DIA explanation.  

I'm suggesting that PBTC and HBRC are getting ahead of the game.

Note there is a report due tomorrow.