Bit Of A Yarn

So who's left on TV

34 minutes ago, Mark D said:

So Greg O'Connor is gone - our best presenter across the codes and country - and a couple of others I liked, Jason Teaz and Dave McDonald.  So who are we left with? The deadwood?

The young fella that's on now , don't know his name , looks like he left college recently , not sure of his experience , but not sure that is a pre requisite anymore .

So I come home from work and George Simon is doing the dogs (too much of a good thing) and Aidan in the studio crossing to Bevan after a race at Whanganui which is something that we didn't need in the past,  and don't need now or ever

Edited by Mark D
  • Like 4

I must admit that watching the races on Trackside most of the time the sound is muted except for the actual races - I prefer to listen to music.  But in the past I have always tuned in to Canterbury and Otago/Southland pre race presntations as it provides good local knowledge and the presenters, Greg, Jason, Davey and the rest of the gang were worth listening to.  So I decided to tune in and what do we get Brendan and Aidan babbling on about fields and horses that they obviously know nothing about even though they clearly would have done their research on.  (Plus when I saw them on screen they looked like they were squeezed into someone's outhouse and I thought I'd have to get a wider screen).  Not for me.

Call me negative but I know what I like and what works.  Don't blame Brendan or Aidan but clearly the place is being run on a shoestring and it shows.

They would probably arging that they are doing "more with less".  But that is a crock and all you do with less is less.

• Like 2

Saturday night around  8 o clock.im not sure who the presenter is by name ,he's a regular ,pretty hard going really sitting through all the wall to wall stuff,not hard to see why  O Connor lost interest,it must be hard after being on course to be housed in a studio,sad but true.

9 hours ago, Mark D said:

I must admit that watching the races on Trackside most of the time the sound is muted except for the actual races - I prefer to listen to music.  But in the past I have always tuned in to Canterbury and Otago/Southland pre race presntations as it provides good local knowledge and the presenters, Greg, Jason, Davey and the rest of the gang were worth listening to.  So I decided to tune in and what do we get Brendan and Aidan babbling on about fields and horses that they obviously know nothing about even though they clearly would have done their research on.  (Plus when I saw them on screen they looked like they were squeezed into someone's outhouse and I thought I'd have to get a wider screen).  Not for me.

Call me negative but I know what I like and what works.  Don't blame Brendan or Aidan but clearly the place is being run on a shoestring and it shows.

They would probably arging that they are doing "more with less".  But that is a crock and all you do with less is less.

It's awful to watch now.  I couldn't bring myself to watch a single race,  it's like you have to go out of your way to know anything about the fields anymore. The puff will go out of it all soon enough. 

15 minutes ago, Huey said:

It's awful to watch now.  I couldn't bring myself to watch a single race,  it's like you have to go out of your way to know anything about the fields anymore. The puff will go out of it all soon enough. 

I'm not watching it much either,I can tolerate aussie racing,and the trots from there as well as New Zealand stuff we should patronize our own stuff,even if the gallops aren't in the same league as oz,but as for that greyhound shit being poked in every gap,that's shit.

15 hours ago, mikeynz said:

I'm not watching it much either,I can tolerate aussie racing,and the trots from there as well as New Zealand stuff we should patronize our own stuff,even if the gallops aren't in the same league as oz,but as for that greyhound shit being poked in every gap,that's shit.

Sorry Mikey not for me, to me it's a vote for incompetence,skullduggery, ineptitude and a blatant  disregard for the common man in NZ racing - punting on the NZ product.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Huey said:

Sorry Mikey not for me, to me it's a vote for incompetence,skullduggery, ineptitude and a blatant  disregard for the common man in NZ racing - punting on the NZ product.

I will stress that they ain't getting nought from me at present either,I still watch the odd race but for now it's a betting no no.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Noodlum said:

Why not?

You know what, only a few months ago we had Mark Mac, greg oconnor at gallops, harness meets. They were top class, funny, informative, and a great duo. That was good for racing. They have gone, as plenty of others too, and Trevor Wilkes & Rozzo stay?? Hardly gonna attract new blood, boring as bat shit. 

On 27/06/2020 at 11:01 AM, Mark D said:

Aidan and Brendan appear on screen crammed into the outhouse again and I laugh for a full 20 seconds.  Priceless.

2 minutes ago, Mark D said:

Aidan and Brendan appear on screen crammed into the outhouse again and I laugh for a full 20 seconds.  Priceless.

You must admit though that Aidan and Brendan would make an average living room look small.

• Like 1