Bit Of A Yarn

Ratings ?

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

My point is it is a mockery.  They have created a tier yet when it suits they throw that tier out the window.  You will probably find that the lesser stake race subsidised the higher stake race in terms of return in revenue.  Is that fair?

Can't they afford the put on extra races at their previous advertised tier rates?  If not then get rid of the tiers.  Align stakes to revenue returns and horse numbers.  Stop this aspirational stake bullshit and get the lower ranks up and running.  Then we may get some decent fields flowing through.  The R99 "open" race at Hawera was a joke of a handicap race.

I also find it amusing that all the constraints we were led to believe existed in the past are no longer relevant.  For example how quick were they in the pre-financial insolvency period to put on extra races if there were large numbers of nominations?  Remember all the excuses they trotted out.  

No argument from me there,  but when you have a horse and you want to run it and don't make the rules unfortunately you have to take what you can get so I can understand owners / trainers wanting to race. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

My point is it is a mockery.  They have created a tier yet when it suits they throw that tier out the window.  You will probably find that the lesser stake race subsidised the higher stake race in terms of return in revenue.  Is that fair?

No.

Can't they afford the put on extra races at their previous advertised tier rates?

Seemingly not.

If not then get rid of the tiers.

Absolutely - or at least modify how they are placed within the programming.

Align stakes to revenue returns and horse numbers.

Great thought.  Has been mooted many times by some very astute posters but gets no traction.

Stop this aspirational stake bullshit and get the lower ranks up and running. 

But the greedy want the 'aspirational' stakes.  They don't give a shit about the bottom-feeders.

Then we may get some decent fields flowing through.  The R99 "open" race at Hawera was a joke of a handicap race.

I also find it amusing that all the constraints we were led to believe existed in the past are no longer relevant.  For example how quick were they in the pre-financial insolvency period to put on extra races if there were large numbers of nominations?  Remember all the excuses they trotted out.  

• Like 3

This problem was created when they decided to remove 8 meetings from the CD during July/Aug/Sept . I stated a while back that this would create an issue for mdns and R65's and so it has become . 1 mdn sprint this week so enough to split into 3 tells you there is not enough races for the lower grades .

Midweek was always essentially for lower grades , those don't exist at present , they have just tacked a cpl ofthem onto Sat meetings .

Lets see if they have enough sense to start programming an extra meeting or two to alleviate this overflow .

The biggest issue they have tho is their inability to react quickly .

Just now, nomates said:

This problem was created when they decided to remove 8 meetings from the CD during July/Aug/Sept . I stated a while back that this would create an issue for mdns and R65's and so it has become . 1 mdn sprint this week so enough to split into 3 tells you there is not enough races for the lower grades .

Midweek was always essentially for lower grades , those don't exist at present , they have just tacked a cpl ofthem onto Sat meetings .

Lets see if they have enough sense to start programming an extra meeting or two to alleviate this overflow .

The biggest issue they have tho is their inability to react quickly .

So throw away the tiers and provide more races more often at the same stake.  I see the broadcasting constraint has disappeared suddenly.  Maybe Foxton has a chance of a meeting?

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So throw away the tiers and provide more races more often at the same stake.  I see the broadcasting constraint has disappeared suddenly.  Maybe Foxton has a chance of a meeting?

One issue of many , racing needs to be striped back and rebuilt , finding the right builders will be the issue . At present we have people presenting themselves as Tradesmen when really they are just average DIY's .

Be fantastic to get racing back to Foxton , it might just be enough to get me back on track .