Bit Of A Yarn

Just 2 Trainers in 1 Race

Happy Sunrise

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

and again.

Going to be enjoyable seeing the odds set for these races.

image.thumb.png.046ea98afec77ab4c95a9f4fe342c4d3.png

Go the Dunns- 3 in each sounds like a fair fight to me especially given the draws Roberts recieved

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

52 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

A sign of things to come.  One day I think the All Stars will have a race to themselves.

Is there any point in debating the healthiness of this? Probably not. 

image.thumb.png.00c5c64dbcd0eb2ed51feb6de9225512.png

Happy, you beat me to it lol.

Yeah definitely not a healthy sign, although several of us already know what is happening!

2 year old racing used to be interesting, but unfortunately no longer.

The AllStars will dominate the major races once again this year as they plunder the stakes.

I know, some will say for everyone to up their game, but we all know there is far more than that to it.

What I do know is that it is going to be one helluva hard ride back to where harness once was!

Will there be enough owners prepared to stay on for the ride?

55 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Go the Dunns- 3 in each sounds like a fair fight to me especially given the draws Roberts recieved

Greg

Greg, think it is going to take more than the draws in a 6 horse field to make a difference.

We are lucky that we have the Dunns entering horses all year around to keep these races from not happening.

Dunns support all meetings whatever the stake money is!

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

A sign of things to come.  One day I think the All Stars will have a race to themselves.

Is there any point in debating the healthiness of this? Probably not. 

image.thumb.png.00c5c64dbcd0eb2ed51feb6de9225512.png

Personally I think I’d rather see this race above, then All Stars being allowed to spread these maidens across a range of maiden fields and starting under $1.50 whilst beating up lowly rated maidens.

Regardless of this field only have two trainers, it will still have a favourite in the sweet spot of $2.20-2.60 and is a leg of the early quaddie.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Personally I think I’d rather see this race above, then All Stars being allowed to spread these maidens across a range of maiden fields and starting under $1.50 whilst beating up lowly rated maidens.

Me too.

2 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Regardless of this field only have two trainers, it will still have a favourite in the sweet spot of $2.20-2.60 and is a leg of the early quaddie.

The odds will be set by the allocation of drivers no doubt but you would have to be in the know to bet on it.

21 hours ago, Brodie said:

We are lucky that we have the Dunns entering horses all year around to keep these races from not happening.

Dunns support all meetings whatever the stake money is!

After all the money they have spent buying horses both privately and at the yearling sales over the last 3-4 years they need to be racing all year round to keep their owners satisfied and give then some return Brodie. All stables are the same but as with most things in life some are much better than others. Meanwhile as Rome burns amateurs keep getting  elected to run the show. Betting is heading only one way in NZ just as it is internationally in Harness. Saw some numbers recently, in Oz harness generate only 10% of turnover where in NZ its about 26%.Chuck in all the bad publicity in the last few years and its hard to see where new blood comes from. Opposite of Gallops, you only have to look at BGP

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Saw some numbers recently, in Oz harness generate only 10% of turnover where in NZ its about 26%.Chuck in all the bad publicity in the last few years and its hard to see where new blood comes from. Opposite of Gallops, you only have to look at BGP

Geez Flash you are showing your real colours now.  Is that why Thoroughbreds are arguing that they should get more of the Harness betting pie?  Is their own share not good enough?

BTW what did Harness get out of the $30 million donation to Gallops for All Weather Tracks?  Sweet fuck all!  

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

After all the money they have spent buying horses both privately and at the yearling sales over the last 3-4 years they need to be racing all year round to keep their owners satisfied and give then some return Brodie. All stables are the same but as with most things in life some are much better than others. Meanwhile as Rome burns amateurs keep getting  elected to run the show. Betting is heading only one way in NZ just as it is internationally in Harness. Saw some numbers recently, in Oz harness generate only 10% of turnover where in NZ its about 26%.Chuck in all the bad publicity in the last few years and its hard to see where new blood comes from. Opposite of Gallops, you only have to look at BGP

Greg

Greg, harness turnover will be declining as the NZ TAB wont take wagering on it!

When the TAB only allows you to place bets of under $100 when you want a lot more on, harness turnover certainly is not being driven, as Peter Holden stated in his speech!!!

If the NZ TAB is going to not accept bets from punters then the bookies might as well close their bags and go back to tote only!

The amounts that I can get on now is just worth the time it involves.

The harness racing industry is in turmoil at the moment and if the TAB is not prepared to take bets then it is  history!!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

The harness racing industry is in turmoil at the moment

Thats a very true statement globally and is why i commented on its Amateur leadership  as opposed to TB's.

You can get set for amounts like lots others do but just wont adapt and use your nous like others do .5 bets of 100 equals 500 on no matter where you are . Its worked fro me a few other reasonable punters for years. PS Dont use phone account if your that concerned about secrecy

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

1 hour ago, Noodlum said:

Geez Flash you are showing your real colours now.  Is that why Thoroughbreds are arguing that they should get more of the Harness betting pie?  Is their own share not good enough?

BTW what did Harness get out of the $30 million donation to Gallops for All Weather Tracks?  Sweet fuck all!  

No ,im just talking common sense and facts, you should try it sometime😁

You are talking rubbish re TB's taking Harness betting pie. The numbers or market share are there in black and white for all authorities to see just as clubs get for their turnovers. TB"s have always had a larger share of payouts simply because they do more T/O.Their gross margins are better as well.

As for your last point ,TB's got 20mio not 30 mio for AW tracks courtesy of the Regional Development Fund AKA NZF slush fund.

Finally, you just ask yourself the question " who are NZF's big donors. If you answer harness associated entities , your WRONG again

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

2 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You are talking rubbish re TB's taking Harness betting pie. The numbers or market share are there in black and white for all authorities to see just as clubs get for their turnovers. TB"s have always had a larger share of payouts simply because they do more T/O.Their gross margins are better as well.

FFS have you been hiding under a turtle for years?  YOU are telling ME to use facts!  The statement you just made is crap!  I'll wait for people who know to come in and put you right and then I'll follow up and finish you off!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Finally, you just ask yourself the question " who are NZF's big donors. If you answer harness associated entities , your WRONG again

Why would I even bother asking that question?  Do you want Peter Vela's phone number?  I guess even old Hogan in his dotage is flicking a bit of his pension Winnies way.  However if you wanted to point a finger at who have fucked the racing industry up then look no further than the Waikato gallops crowd.

23 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

FFS have you been hiding under a turtle for years?  YOU are telling ME to use facts!  The statement you just made is crap!  I'll wait for people who know to come in and put you right and then I'll follow up and finish you off!

Of course i use facts unlike yourself , that's why you want to disagree with me and ask others to help you out. Rather than saying they are crap , tell me where my   percentages are wrong and what yours are.

The figures i quoted are   100%, why because if you know what your looking for you can find the answers without guessing. Pretty simple formula based on past distributions although things might change come 1 August and new body NZ Racing take over code distributions. I'm picking the TB's will have a smart ,wagering expert as their rep but its anyone's guess as to what sort of rep  Harness NZ will front with given the quality of management they operate with.

Greg

Just now, JJ Flash said:

Of course i use facts unlike yourself , that's why you want to disagree with me and ask others to help you out. Rather than saying they are crap , tell me where my   percentages are wrong and what yours are.

OK expert.  In calculating the distribution of revenue did the previous NZRB/RITA use:

• % Domestic Turnover per code share;
  • % Total Turnover per code share;
  • % Domestic Revenue per code share;
  • % Total Turnover per code share.

3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

I'm picking the TB's will have a smart ,wagering expert as their rep but its anyone's guess as to what sort of rep  Harness NZ will front with given the quality of management they operate with.

Then again all Harness needs to do is team up with the Dogs and they out vote Thoroughbreds.  

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Thats a very true statement globally and is why i commented on its Amateur leadership  as opposed to TB's.

You can get set for amounts like lots others do but just wont adapt and use your nous like others do .5 bets of 100 equals 500 on no matter where you are . Its worked fro me a few other reasonable punters for years. PS Dont use phone account if your that concerned about secrecy

Greg

5 x $100 is not worth my while Greg, and shouldnt  be what any punter should have to do!!

Why can a punter not get on for a reasonable amount Greg, as I dont believe a$100 or less is a reasonable amount, and then not able to get back on?

The new betting platform has made it even worse which is saying something!!

If the NZ TAB wants punters gone, they are going about it the right way!

You wouldve thought that after the Government bailed them out, they would be looking at getting the punters back on board, but clearly they dont want them!

Are the stakes going to hold up for harness next season?

Can not see it as the punters vote with there feet!

21 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

the answer brodster is no. plus mr grim stoner only wants too stables left racing Elmer Fudd ,mick mouse

Would be a bit of an unfair contest, Hunter!

Must watch Phil Holden’s latest speech!

Need some comic relief

• Like 1