Bit Of A Yarn

Greg O'Connor's resignation

55 minutes ago, boobybec said:

better than Mark Cookson, sorry a descent guy but just dreadful.  And get rid of the man with no neck rodley.  He's a stumbling, bumbling disgrace

I dont think it's good to be too critical of some,they are simply doing a job but O Connor I do think does good things in his field.

48 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

I dont think it's good to be too critical of some,they are simply doing a job but O Connor I do think does good things in his field.

Rodley clearly a knowlegeable chap but shouldn't be on tv neither should cookson.

Im definetely in the bring back Mick and Greg camp

• Like 1

Who cares about Aiden Rodley?

He only does work for that other racing medium!!!

There is far more to it than broadcasting I would say for Greg, cos he didnt get started on anything!

Its ok, we got Holden at the helm!

Bon Voyage!!

Captain going down with the ship.

• Haha 1

Thats a shame about Greg O`Connor!   He`s been bagged by many for his picks? (Pick your own or your fuckin nose!)

I always admired Greg for his thoughtful analysis,  pre and post race interviews!    You have been immersed in this game in so many roles , you have invested  so much , its proven,   Thank you for your efforts!

Wish you the best of luck in your future role (and when you come back!)

Best of luck my friend!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

Thats a shame about Greg O`Connor!   He`s been bagged by many for his picks? (Pick your own or your fuckin nose!)

I always admired Greg for his thoughtful analysis,  pre and post race interviews!    You have been immersed in this game in so many roles , you have invested  so much , its proven,   Thank you for your efforts!

Wish you the best of luck in your future role (and when you come back!)

Best of luck my friend!  

Have you ever met anyone who picks every race right,never that easy and basically impossible thats what makes the game interesting.

The musical chairs continues in harness.

Darrin Williams to return to Addington

20 August 2020 , News

After 26 years at Harness Racing New Zealand, Darrin Williams has resigned to take up a new job at Addington Raceway, as their Racing Industry Manager. 

"For me it's going full circle, having spent 10 years at Addington all those years ago, I left to join HRNZ and now I'm going back," said Williams. 

During his time at HRNZ Williams has held a number of positions. He was Customer Services/Promotions Officer, then Handicapper for 16 years, before being Racing Manager. He then took on the Racing and Marketing Manager's position in 2017.  

“Racing has been a huge part of my life and will continue to be. I couldn’t imagine not being involved in things like Cup week etc,  though from now on it will be from a different perspective,” said Williams.  

“He has a wealth of experience and knowledge and we will miss him,” says HRNZ Chief Executive  Phil Holden, “but he is not being lost to the industry that he has been involved in for so long. We wish him all the best.”  

Williams will officially change stables in a month.