Bit Of A Yarn

Addington 20th Tips

Back to HQ where the only consistent participant are the horses.

A decent bet is Melody's Mischief at 6FF and 2.15FF. Should get a decent run and has run a fast 2600 time behind William Wallace. Should run top 3 so a free hit at 6s. Also a drop in class for her.

Edited by Happy Sunrise
hit wrong button
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Back to HQ where the only consistent participant are the horses.

A decent bet is Melody's Mischief at 6FF and 2.15FF. Should get a decent run and has run a fast 2600 time behind William Wallace. Should run top 3 so a free hit at 6s. Also a drop in class for her.

U not in to those purdon runners at 1,45 there are bound to be some there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Horrible punting fields on Friday nights nowadays!

Very  rarely any value and generally you are running for third at best in many races!

I Believe that interest for the racing and betting is falling off dramatically from the previous hardcore of oncourse punters!

No point going oncourse nowadays when you can not wager what you want without verifying who you are and the TAB knowing who is offloading!

Unfortunately, there are several things at play all at the one time that is causing the harness industry to decline.

Recent decisions made by the suits and hierarchy are very nard to fathom, but the new fulltime CEO might deliver!!!!

Edited by Brodie

38 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Very  rarely any value and generally you are running for third at best in many races!

I Believe that interest for the racing and betting is falling off dramatically from the previous hardcore of oncourse.

In all seriousness though there is some pretty average meetings nowadays,the worst thing though is the top races are dominated by one or two stables.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikeynz said:

He might have addington racing every tuesday,as well as sundays,Southland on mondays,as well as thursday,maybe Wyndham and Gore might race at Nelson and maybe have grass track racing in the North at Gisborne......if so then it's all basically fucked😂

Might have racing start at 7am so it appeals to the addicted gamblers evening market in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Zambia into 3.80 from 7ff. Wow.

I wouldn't be a taker of either price as I think it is up against some pretty experienced horses with ability tonight.  I thought it would need to trail Laver the whole way round to have a chance.

It will be a true indication if Zambia is going to go on with the job in the future. 

Adds a bit of spice. Good luck to those who had a crack on him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

I Believe that interest for the racing and betting is falling off dramatically from the previous hardcore of oncourse punters!

No point going oncourse nowadays when you can not wager what you want without verifying who you are and the TAB knowing who is offloading!

Unfortunately, there are several things at play all at the one time that is causing the harness industry to decline.

Recent decisions made by the suits and hierarchy are very nard to fathom, but the new fulltime CEO might deliver!!!!

Just spent 30 minutes trying to find anything to bet on tonight, too darn hard and supposed to be better racing Friday but I prefer sundays field from a betting point of view.

1 bet... Didjabringthebeers.

Not sure why J Cox doesn't get more drives or K Butt too, Coaster Howe using Close a bit and now Chmiel and as a punter not a fan of those two generally.... Cox 1 drive on from 8 eligible races and it's on a maiden trotter.

If Globederby is floating around any update on Dark Horse ? I want to see a race at the Oamaru meeting next month with 

Dark Horse

Chinese Whisper 

Majestic Man

Cracker Hill 

Ultimate Stride 

Add a couple of Hope and Dunn horses and run it over 2600 mobile would be a sensational race to bet on and watch.

• Like 3

There is no value from the TAB mostly, from opening the Fixed Odds now!

When you have 5 horses opened at well under $2 for a place, you know you are just wasting your time.

You would be better to save your punting money and take the wife or partner out for tea and entertainment!

Record the racing so  you can fast forward it later seem there is now no decent lead ins

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

If Globederby is floating around any update on Dark Horse ? I want to see a race at the Oamaru meeting next month with 

Dark Horse was all set to race yesterday but waited a week to race at Invercargill next Thursday - everything on track - fingers crossed we have our girl back - don't think you will get your wish for them all to compete yet

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

15 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

that's no good for Percy the place punter lol

Hunter, apart from poor odds, even if you want a bet, they limit you to be only sble to bet a couple of hundred dollars most often!,,

Not worth the effort now, and Phil Holden stated that he wanted to DRIVE TURNOVER!!!
BS, Mr Holden, talk to the NZ TAB about what they are doing to diminish harness turnover?

You have got no idea what you are talking about unfortunately!

You want punters or you just want punters who are going to lose to keep the industry on life support?

6 minutes ago, Enteebee said:

Dark Horse was all set to race yesterday but waited a week to race at Invercargill next Thursday - everything on track - fingers crossed we have our girl back - don't think you will get your wish for them all to compete yet

Awesome news, I wish you guys the best and she gets around in one piece.

Without pre empting anything I'd assume first run back she will sit at the back and scream home like that win early on at Invercargill she had.

34 minutes ago, Brodie said:

There is no value from the TAB mostly, from opening the Fixed Odds now!

I thought some of the races were ok odds wise tonight.

However, Hell's Shadow opened at 5.50! She did win over 2600 the other week but it was a very weak field and she fell in. She ran a good race last time and was unlucky but seems to be a moody horse. Out now to 6.50 but that is unbackable odds for her in a field like this. I just don't know why they can't open her higher to entice some punters. 

She will probably win now and the quinella will be with Zambia 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

brodster you will have to turn into a back street bookmaker

Why a backstreet Bookmaker?

The NZ TAB is doing a very poor job considering they have a monopoly on the racing and sports betting industry in NZ!

The fact is that with the way they are acting as supposed Bookmaking, they may well be better off going back to Tote betting only!!

The reality is that the TAB will not take on any risk now and are going to ruin racing in NZ!

40 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

knowing your customers is a basic business fundamental

So we don’t have a right to any privacy Ranga?

So someone buys a Product with cash, and the supplier always gets a name of who they supplied to?

So, the TAB don’t care who the customer is if the punter is only small time but should they want to win more than $1k, we can not have that, without knowing who they are!

They could be money launderers even though they have only spent $20!!!!!

The fact is Ranga, when the TAB is limiting punters to only net $200 on a bet, they are killing the industry big time.

If they werent bailed out by the NZ taxpayer they would all be out of a job!

Edited by Brodie

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So we don’t have a right to any privacy Ranga?

So someone buys a Product with cash, and the supplier always bets a name kf who they supplied to?

So, the TAB don’t care who the customer is if the pinter is only small time but should they want to win more than $1k, we can not have that, without knowing who they are!

They could be money launderers even though they have only spent $20!!!!!

The fact is Ranga, when the TAB is limiting punters to only net $200 on a bet, they are killing the industry big time.

If they werent bailed out by the NZ taxpayer they would all be out of a job!

yes and no