Bit Of A Yarn

Clip on O'meara on hrnz

15 hours ago, TheHorseman said:

He had some bloody good horses in his day, CC my fav horse. Remember when he won the NZ Cup, I was up the top of the then Public stand and Brian O'meara watched the race from up there too. Presented his horses beautifully too.

I was thinking that Brian himself didn't look any older than when he last trained a horse for me 15 years ago!

On 26/08/2020 at 11:54 AM, whiplash smile said:

If your going to namedrop the trainer namedrop the horse?

Er, how can one 'namedrop' someone who's already the subject of the thread?  You'll have to get up earlier than that Whip old son.

And for those professing to be interested, I can confirm, very sadly, that none of the horses I had with BOM was Cullen.  Ability-wise, not even when all put together...😪

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

Er, how can one 'namedrop' someone who's already the subject of the thread?  You'll have to get up earlier than that Whip old son.

And for those professing to be interested, I can confirm, very sadly, that none of the horses I had with BOM was Cullen.  Ability-wise, not even when all put together...😪

what was the horse he trained for chalky white??

On 26/08/2020 at 9:26 AM, whiplash smile said:

I seen CC at ascot park when he lost, He looked amazing!  It stood out,  he must have shampooed and waxed him?

Cigar looked incredible aswell! and lets not forget Tuapeka Knight and Trident.

Yes, those 3 mentioned with of course CC, he had a good run. 

Starship started fav in most of his clashes with Tuapeka Knight, but came off second best. 
I remember Ian Cameron closing the gap to the line one day with the old hub rail, still won in the end.