Bit Of A Yarn

NZ Cup Field

Happy Sunrise

5 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Hard to see The Fixer and U May Cullect making it to the Tuesday. They will be dropping like flies soon, AG's the first one gone already.

There could be more northerners in the Cup than southerners! 

As an aside, Classie Brigade handing to Henry Hubert? What would possess John Dunn to do that? 

There was 11 and a half thousand in the win pool just before start time,considering that's a cup class race that ain't much,sure there were probably or possibly some big bets on FO betting but gee I'm not sure if harness racing is doing as well as some say.

Why are they so obsessed with the odds on trackside of the NZ Trotting cup,does anybody bet this far out?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

There was 11 and a half thousand in the win pool just before start time,considering that's a cup class race that ain't much,sure there were probably or possibly some big bets on FO betting but gee I'm not sure if harness racing is doing as well as some say.

Why are they so obsessed with the odds on trackside of the NZ Trotting cup,does anybody bet this far out?

you would have to be a idiot to bet so far out from cup day

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Alexy (OC)

U May Cullect (C7)

Henry Hubert (C8)

Alexy is a lock for the Cup. 😂

The top class races in all reality are a bit thin really as much as Purdons horses are good some of the others are their by default,I guess it's always been like that but I do think there is less depth these days.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Hard to see The Fixer and U May Cullect making it to the Tuesday. They will be dropping like flies soon, AG's the first one gone already.

There could be more northerners in the Cup than southerners! 

As an aside, Classie Brigade handing to Henry Hubert? What would possess John Dunn to do that? 

Team driving? 😂

8 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Though Self Assured is the best horse in the market you would be brave to back him in a stand even now.

Yes, it depends on our esteemed starter Lamb. Last night, the start was Ok, all horses lined up walk up and off. On another night, or day, things could and probably will be different. He could say "right" while Self Assured is facing the wrong direction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mikeynz said:

The top class races in all reality are a bit thin really as much as Purdons horses are good some of the others are their by default,I guess it's always been like that but I do think there is less depth these days.

Yes, many of the horses are flat at the 800m or earlier and cause problems. You will need to be in the lead or close to it to win the Cup, further back in field and you will have traffic problems with horses stopping or breaking under pressure. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mikeynz said:

I was looking at the odds for the cup,no Alexy,he has one 10 races so he has qualified, be a buzz for O Connell driving in the cup

Where has the adjourned enquiry into Mr O’connells shocking driving gone?

Stipes gone to sleep!

• Champ Post 1

• 2 weeks later...