NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Riccarton Track G3 or G2 or F1? 3 October 2020

Joe Bloggs

2 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Noms for Winton at Ascot Park rather light,I dont think I saw Andertons name there,not many Tyler's either,is there a reason ,maybe it's just one of things,one wonders if it was Gore if it would be different.

Just a query,3 maiden races only a handful for 2200 m race but good numbers for 1200,would the miss outers from the 1200 race in the 22 or not.

44 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

It's a bit of a step up for a maiden to go from 1200m to 2000m.

As for the other races you'll find that some of the higher grade stayers will miss out because of the rail being moved.

Chief stipe If you look at my post earlier i am referring  to Ascot Park on Monday,just to clear any more confusion

38 minutes ago, Running Man said:

Well real Stipes haven't upgraded it yet?? so jocks mustn't agree with you or they don't have a clue

Pass - for all I know the REAL Stipes haven't even asked the question.  So whether the jockey's agree or not could be a moot point.

However both Te Rapa and Riccarton started at a D4 for the day - similar weather conditions.  Te Rapa has been upgraded.  It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that Riccarton has improved during the day as well.  

From a time perspective it is hard to work out.  The G3 was just won by a maiden in 1:36 so comparing times with Te Rapa where there is a higher class of horse racing is not a good indicator.

The maiden's won the first in 1:23 which would suggest that it was better than D4 plus it has been a warm day since.

In any event it isn't a criticism just an observation.

7 hours ago, Pitman said:

After just one second placing what will the moaners from Muttermutter say now about the track, they can’t blame the track for how bad the team went.

You feeling the pressure Pitty?  What was it 17 runners and one winner?  Why don't you just come out and say Te Akau?  But don't forget the Matamata crowd supported keeping the Guineas south. 

Let's see.....

Ashburton - 1 win
Riccarton - 2 wins
Ruakaka - 2 wins
Cambridge - 3 wins
Matamata - 1 win
Hunterville - 1 win

Looks like a fair distribution of the spoils to me but the real money is not up for grabs yet.