Bit Of A Yarn

Riccarton Track G3 or G2 or F1? 3 October 2020

Joe Bloggs

Just listened to Jamie Richards talking about his horses that ran on Sat at Riccarton , said they all pulled up a bit scratchy and that he would expect that they wouldn't be presenting another track that firm in the future if they were hoping to have form horses for the carnival . 

Wonder if there may have been a phone call from someone in Te Akau ? . Would they pack up and go home if it does happen again ?

• Champ Post 3

53 minutes ago, nomates said:

Just listened to Jamie Richards talking about his horses that ran on Sat at Riccarton , said they all pulled up a bit scratchy and that he would expect that they wouldn't be presenting another track that firm in the future if they were hoping to have form horses for the carnival . 

Wonder if there may have been a phone call from someone in Te Akau ? . Would they pack up and go home if it does happen again ?

I bet the 'advocate' will shut up now Big Dave aint happy!

2 hours ago, nomates said:

For the same reason most go out without a plan A far less a plan B or C . Go into any jockey room and the majority wouldn't know the colors of horses they should be watching or what the map of the race might be . Ask the what their plan is from gate 11 , jump and hope it opens up for them , very rarely does , then they just sit wide , don't slide forward or go back .

Twice in a row the same jockey sat 3 wide in the open on my horse , both times they said the horse could've easily gone up outside leader but they never thought to do it , just sat where they landed . Didn't ride it again .

A lot of trainers are happy to leave it up to the jock , now that is ok if it's OP but there is very few in this country that i would allow to do what they thought .

Op and Waddell are the only 2 i will have a decent punt on with any confidence , the rest are just a lucky dip . IMHO .

Some horses were loaded in the wrong gates last Sat at Riccarton.   I have my own thoughts about the whole set-up...but, wouldn't you like to think the jocks knew what they had drawn?   Ye gods....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Freda said:

Some horses were loaded in the wrong gates last Sat at Riccarton.   I have my own thoughts about the whole set-up...but, wouldn't you like to think the jocks knew what they had drawn?   Ye gods....

i would like to think they were too deep in thoughts of whether they were going to go with plan A,B or C .

NAH , giving them too much credit .

That one is all on the starters for mine , they are the ones with it written down .

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Freda said:

How the hell could that happen. You've got starters, starters' assistants, stipes and jockeys and no-one noticed? Shouldn't those races be annulled?

6 minutes ago, curious said:

How the hell could that happen. You've got starters, starters' assistants, stipes and jockeys and no-one noticed? Shouldn't those races be annulled?

Pulled them out and put them in the right slots , thankfully , wonder who noticed , the vet perhaps .

Hey it's NZ racing , don't worry , be happy .

On 10/8/2020 at 3:37 PM, Freda said:

At least they weren't loaded in the wrong way,no head starts for those ones lol

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't look too promising.  The track was at 38% moisture reading same time previous meeting.

MEETING NEWS

Riccarton Park Update

In preparation for racing on Saturday the Riccarton Park going is Dead5 (Penetrometer Reading 3.0) on Monday morning.

Significant irrigation last week in the absence of any major rainfall was required with the track being Slow9 on Friday.

The moisture reading is 33% in keeping with give in the ground.

With little or no rainfall in the forecast and high temperatures predicted for later in the week irrigation will take place tonight (Monday) with the situation being accessed each morning as the week progresses.

10 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

This doesn't look too promising.  The track was at 38% moisture reading same time previous meeting.

MEETING NEWS

Riccarton Park Update

In preparation for racing on Saturday the Riccarton Park going is Dead5 (Penetrometer Reading 3.0) on Monday morning.

Significant irrigation last week in the absence of any major rainfall was required with the track being Slow9 on Friday.

The moisture reading is 33% in keeping with give in the ground.

With little or no rainfall in the forecast and high temperatures predicted for later in the week irrigation will take place tonight (Monday) with the situation being accessed each morning as the week progresses.

Slow 9 ?    wow, that's hard to fathom with 33% moisture reading by Monday.

Nevertheless, the track looks in great nick at the moment, a far cry from the previous offering, good effort from the team.

Long may it be sustained.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:17 AM, Freda said:

Slow 9 ?    wow, that's hard to fathom with 33% moisture reading by Monday.

Nevertheless, the track looks in great nick at the moment, a far cry from the previous offering, good effort from the team.

Long may it be

Fields for Riccarton out soon and then its Ascot Park Monday,why not Gore?,used to race labour day but anyway, Ashburton next thursday and then Wingatui.cup day,a good  diet of regular racing switching from Canterbury to the South,seems to work well enough.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:38 PM, Chief Stipe said:

After they access the situation I guess they will then assess it

Mikie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

Fields for Riccarton out soon and then its Ascot Park Monday,why not Gore?,used to race labour day but anyway, Ashburton next thursday and then Wingatui.cup day,a good  diet of regular racing switching from Canterbury to the South,seems to work well enough.

Noms for Winton at Ascot Park rather light,I dont think I saw Andertons name there,not many Tyler's either,is there a reason ,maybe it's just one of things,one wonders if it was Gore if it would be different.