Bit Of A Yarn

TIM WILLIAMS GREAT DRIVE

Davis

Tim Williams does it again. What a great drive from Williams to win the MAGNESS BENROW SIRES STAKES FILLIES CHAMPIONSHIP MOB PACE (Gr1) last night at Alexander Park on Bettor Twist. He had a tricky second row draw, had to dodge a breaking horses just after the start and then made his move at the right time to get up outside the leaders. He got the horse to relax and then left them to it in the home straight.

Williams really has taken his driving to a new level this season.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 2

In my opinion I think the difference between the first 2 was when purdon went back at the start and let bettor twist get in front of it.There is nothing between those two fillies,and Williams just outdrove Purdon,as he normally does if on one of similar ability. Big result for the all star stable so purdon happy either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mikie said:

Hi Davis

I am not knocking Tim William's drive in any way, and agree with your summation of his level,  but on this occasion I think the horse herself was simply outstanding, as was the 2nd horse

Mikie

Of course the horse is outstanding with the record to prove it. But regardless of the fillies' ability it was still a great drive from Williams as he had to dodge a few horses early in the race.Some other drivers wouldn't have managed to do that....

Edited by Davis
  • Like 2