Bit Of A Yarn

Alex Park tonight

Karrots

Have a quiet afternoon, what does my attention shift to harness racing this time. 

Don't expect this topic to be popular at all, but was just thinking about race 1. Who is the countries best 3 filly ... ? Who will win tonights sires heat, Darling Me or Bettor Twist ... Im (guessing) whoever gets the lead. Should Darling Me get lead and not hand up then she (should) win. However if Bettor Twist is (allowed) to lead and Darling Me trails then one would (think0 Bettor Twist would be hard to roll, but one never knows. Im a Sweet Lou fan so I will be rooting for Darling Me. I sometimes wonder how Sweet on Me would be doing if she was still at the races, she was the best 2y-o filly her year after all, ahead of the very talented Amazing Dream. 

I'v noted the fields tonight are overall small. 

For those that don’t know result, Darling Me lead out then handed to Bettor Twist being the quinella with BT taking gold. Nice runs by the other 2 runners also.

I noted Sweet Lou continued his good strike rate with 3 starters last nite for 1 win and 2 seconds.

Breeders Crown on tonight, interested to see how Sweet Louise gets on in 3y-o fillies. She took care of her rivals in her semi-final, including Dr Susan. Looks like she will start fav, but is noted to still be a bit green.

Will get back to this topic/post when the 3 y-o Fillies Sires Final is getting close.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rusty said:

That 2 year old filly "Ladies In Red" (Mach Three) could be anything.

Very, very impressive win tonight, making it 7 starts, 7 wins. 

Hey Rusty,

Guessing it's nice weather over where you are. Just checked the results and watched a couple replays. Wow yes very impressive indeed. Be interesting to see how she measures up against the NZ top fillies if they ever get a chance to race. Sweet Louise got 2nd respectively in other fillies race. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Karrots said:

Wonder who is going to win the fillies sires heat tonight ..

Good Luck with some winners if you get to the track tonight Karrots !!! Crikey, where have all the horses gone ? no full fields.

Must be sold to USA and Oz ?

Barry Purdon is still going and getting younger brother Mark to drive in the Silver and blue spots in Race 7 . 

just like the old Days! . neat. Therefore Is there an upset ON THE CARDS? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Good Luck with some winners if you get to the track tonight Karrots !!! Crikey, where have all the horses gone ? no full fields.

Barry Purdon is still going and getting younger brother Mark to drive in the Silver and blue spots in Race 7 . 

Maybe but I rate Tommy lincoln a better chance in what will be one of the best races you'll see up north.quality plus with alot of horses on the way up unlike on the cards.these rate on top tonight 10.6 nztab.amazing dream Shan noble better twist kango.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Thanks G, I have firmed up plans to go 🙂  Yes race 7 looks like a nice race and yeah small fields hey. Now the big challenge is pick a winner. Took a quick look and Mr Fantastic is paying $2.20 for a place, only has to beat 2 runners home, but the question is can he do that in that field... ? Hmm, not sure.  Maybe select again ... Oh and thanks G and Rangatira for adding to this convo saves me talking to myself lol. Maybe first sign of battiness, openly ok with publically talking to oneself haha. Signing off for day/nite. Don't want to be overbearing on here. Happy punting all. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Forbury said:

Maybe but I rate Tommy lincoln a better chance in what will be one of the best races you'll see up north.quality plus with alot of horses on the way up unlike on the cards.these rate on top tonight 10.6 nztab.amazing dream Shan noble better twist kango.

Boom and pick 6 boom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Forbury said:

Boom and pick 6 boom

Well done Forbs, congrats, sizzle, sizzle. I didn't have a bet, just enjoyed watching. 

Tommy Lincoln was driven in a way to give him, his best chance of winning. Congrats to the connections. I hope Darling Me, is driven in final, in a way she is given her best chance. It's clear now after x2 she cannot run past her stablemate in straight, when she simply hands up, and it is lead - trail. 

Race 8, I was again watching out for the, 2 Sweet Lous. It's hard to see exactly what's going on when at track. Hearing the commentator say "all the other drivers want to keep him out 3 wide". Then parked him. Maybe I was being a bit naughty when I had a quiet chuckle to myself. Nice, Lou quinella nevertheless.  

• Like 2

Just took a look at the yearling sales catalogue and blow me down, Sweet Lou has huge numbers, the most if not nearly most than any other sire. I had said in another topic thread that he might be the next top sire in NZ to dethrone Bettors in years to come. Due to his numbers and strike rate. Is this the start of the changing of the guard ...

Ok, I'll try and refrain myself from no more Sweet Lou talk. I don't want to annoy the people. It is relevant tho. 

Not quite game yet to start a new topic thread, making the prediction that he for sure will be, but I'm getting closer to it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Just took a look at the yearling sales catalogue and blow me down, Sweet Lou has huge numbers, the most if not nearly most than any other sire. I had said in another topic thread that he might be the next top sire in NZ to dethrone Bettors in years to come. Due to his numbers and strike rate. Is this the start of the changing of the guard ...

Ok, I'll try and refrain myself from no more Sweet Lou talk. I don't want to annoy the people. It is relevant tho. 

Not quite game yet to start a new topic thread, making the prediction that he for sure will be, but I'm getting closer to it. 

I here there is a very nice sweet Lou running around up near dairy flat and a good looker . like most of the sweet Lous

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

I here there is a very nice sweet Lou running around up near dairy flat and a good looker . like most of the sweet Lous

Nice. And at no doubt out at Clevedon. I sometimes take a bo-peep under sire progency on HRNZ and put age at 0 - 0 and the new arrivals pop up. Can see mares served too. Under Fertility the numbers for 2021 are not out yet. I'm interested to see Miki's, Vincents (and other new sires) numbers. They could be chopping at Lou's hooves, but Lou has the head start. Can he use his advantage off the front tapes, or will the others on the 10m and 20m mark reel him in hehe.

To be continued.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

forbury good looking fillys are hard to buy priceless 

Heres the thing tho Hunter, the partner in weanling I brought was offered the mare recently. But turned it down. I only just found this out today. So feeling a bit disappointed. I would of taken her boohoo. I think for free, as the stud no longer wants her so owner phoning around. But could not persuade. Maybe if we do a bit more promotion of the Lou , and then hit Woodlands up hehehe. Ask for a discounted service or FOC for our promotion on here. Don't ask, don't get in life. Then what do you know. A bit of a yarn horsie horsie. 

Just putting out my thoughts. Gosh could you imagine, Mikie, Brodie, Rangi, Forbs, and co all in shares of a Bit of a yarn. Gosh it would never work hey. 

Shame. 

• Haha 1

Ps and this mare, it's not like she has left duds either. She is too young too. Don't want to give away details on here. I thought her breeding was nice enough too. My horsie is nice looking and growing all the time.

Maybe she might end up on Gavel ... shame. I'm a bit surprised by it. 

Anyway nite all. 

• Sad 1

Wonder how Group 1, 3y-o fillies race Alex pans out Fri ...

No, Darling Me off front to hand up lead to stablemate Bettor Twist. Hopefully more of race on, should either La Rosa or She’s No Lady lead.

Hope She’s No Lady is ok, seemed a bit off last start.

1 hour ago, Karrots said:

Wonder how Group 1, 3y-o fillies race Alex pans out Fri ...

No, Darling Me off front to hand up lead to stablemate Bettor Twist. Hopefully more of race on, should either La Rosa or She’s No Lady lead.

Hope She’s No Lady is ok, seemed a bit off last start.

I think Bettor Twist will go straight to the lead. Last week she drew eight and left the gate like a rocket. Friday she has drawn six, T. Williams will blast her from the gate and to the lead, race over.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davis said:

I think Bettor Twist will go straight to the lead. Last week she drew eight and left the gate like a rocket. Friday she has drawn six, T. Williams will blast her from the gate and to the lead, race over.

Yay, don't have to talk to myself. Thought I'd post something as the site went a bit quiet.

Lets see what happens 😊

Excitement come Fri, you can root for Bettors Twist and I'll root for hmm, can I have 3 hehe. Shes No Lady, La Rosa and Darling Me. I'd take Braeview Kelly too if she was in. 

Actually to make it fair, Ill take She's No Lady.

Mikie, Hunter, Happy, Dougie, Trotsfan, Galah, Grammalite, Brodie, Chief, Harewood, Forbs, Katch22, Unhinged, Globe, Noodlum, Mehe, MG. I don't know, anyone who wants to join and take a horse. 

Come on. Join in. For fun. Winner gets brief underscore bragging rights hehe. 

Select the winner. 

• Like 1