Bit Of A Yarn

TAB streaming cricket.

mikeynz

13 hours ago, curious said:

Don't know but the video quality is worse than Spark's.

Dont think that the cricket quality is very good either,I heard that the numbers signed up to spark wasn't great so is cricket giving itself a backhander here?

Maybe in time if spark dont do as well as they hope then it will be a one stop shop for sport viewing,like radio sport and trackside radio just not big enough markets in a small country like nz.

• Like 1

I have no idea what people's issue is with people watching the cricket on Spark.You just have to go thru the Spark Sport facebook page too see people going off their head with complaints. I personally have had no issues whatsoever when i've been watching so as i said,no idea why so many people are having issues.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mardy said:

I have no idea what people's issue is with people watching the cricket on Spark.You just have to go thru the Spark Sport facebook page too see people going off their head with complaints. I personally have had no issues whatsoever when i've been watching so as i said,no idea why so many people are having issues.

I subscribed to Spark Sport during the Rugby World Cup and I had no problems with the service. I think from memory, I lost the feed once and I closed and reopened the browser and the broadcast resumed. I think the main problem is that many people have a thing about Spark (ex Telecom). I don't know why because I find them easy to deal with and their help desk is the best I have used. Secondly, many people have slow, under-powered computers with little memory that are not up to the task. But I guess it is easier to blame Spark. 

38 minutes ago, Davis said:

I subscribed to Spark Sport during the Rugby World Cup and I had no problems with the service. I think from memory, I lost the feed once and I closed and reopened the browser and the broadcast resumed. I think the main problem is that many people have a thing about Spark (ex Telecom). I don't know why because I find them easy to deal with and their help desk is the best I have used. Secondly, many people have slow, under-powered computers with little memory that are not up to the task. But I guess it is easier to blame Spark. 

I still wonder why TAB is streaming game,as for spark streaming,yes some people do have slow computers and slow internet,its not everyone who is so fortunate,I dont have a problem with streaming,sky do it,tv chanels do it,it should be another way to view,not exclusive,gee why dont tv1 who are partners of spark have a hours highlights or something of matches,personally I think nz cricket have dropped the ball here,less people watching is not promoting the game,its demoting,having said that 25 bucks a month is not a massive amount but add that to sky and other things one only has so much money to go around.

Just to add,sky, have the aussie matches,I'm sure the viewing numbers in nz will be greater than watching nz matches,because it's a better product and it's not pushed out of the way as in harder to get.

• Champ Post 1

10 hours ago, mikeynz said:

I still wonder why TAB is streaming game,as for spark streaming,yes some people do have slow computers and slow internet,its not everyone who is so fortunate,I dont have a problem with streaming,sky do it,tv chanels do it,it should be another way to view,not exclusive,gee why dont tv1 who are partners of spark have a hours highlights or something of matches,personally I think nz cricket have dropped the ball here,less people watching is not promoting the game,its demoting,having said that 25 bucks a month is not a massive amount but add that to sky and other things one only has so much money to go around.

Just to add,sky, have the aussie matches,I'm sure the viewing numbers in nz will be greater than watching nz matches,because it's a better product and it's not pushed out of the way as in harder to get.

Just to add at present I dont have sky either,I still have the decoder and get my freeview stations through that and trackside as well,in all reality I'm not missing it,i dont even watch trackside much either,the wall to wall meaningless crap they are screening is no interest to me,but if there is a race I specifically want to see I will try to make it,I'm more a audio fan,too busy sometimes to watch tv but i can also watch a replay of a race through hrnz site in my own time.

23 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Just to add at present I dont have sky either,I still have the decoder and get my freeview stations through that and trackside as well,in all reality I'm not missing it,i dont even watch trackside much either,the wall to wall meaningless crap they are screening is no interest to me,but if there is a race I specifically want to see I will try to make it,I'm more a audio fan,too busy sometimes to watch tv but i can also watch a replay of a race through hrnz site in my own time.

I'm same,have  decoder and get free to air stations.Get one of the kids channels for Grandchildren and trackside for me.Not missing the sports at all

Just hearing that Jason Pine fella on zb saying how good our Cricket test team is,we are playing some very average team,to put things in perspective one only needs to rewind the clock back to last xmas in oz to get a better line on reality.

I will stress that we can only play what's in front of us,I think with big money in 20 20 some of these guys dont give a shit.

Edited by mikeynz
  • Like 1