Bit Of A Yarn

Trentham CEO gone!

Mikie

Google him, I'm not saying it's him until someone posts the story, however google him, the story re Perth and his life at MRC.

I only met him once, at Fairdale Stud during an open day, when he found out I was at Caulfield for 5 years, he bolted, I was very interested in his life in Oz for obvious reasons, but we couldn't find him and the crowd was not that big.......funny that.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/racing/racing-club-chiefs-rocky-relationship-with-media-20110414-1dg0e.html

LAST week's public outburst by Melbourne Racing Club chief executive Alasdair Robertson was not the first time he has been caught up in media controversy.

Robertson's attack on a female ABC reporter, when he said he would rather his daughter grow up as a prostitute than a journalist, sent Melbourne into a media frenzy. But it appears that last Wednesday's behaviour is just one of several attacks on the media.

The state government declared Robertson's behaviour grossly inappropriate, and since first-hand accounts of his irregular behaviour towards the media have flowed from Western Australia.

From my small involvement with AR I concluded he was the smartest racing manager around in racing. I gathered that opinion from the work he put in attempting to get funding for 100 years commemoration of ANZAC bearing in mind Trentham played a major part sending soldiers overseas.

So he let the media have it somewhere along the line. Without the full story don't go jumping to the media beat ups.

Reading the piece above it sounds like he physically "attacked a female reporter". THe truth is probably he strongly responded to some erroneous press.

12 minutes ago, The Centaur said:

From my small involvement with AR I concluded he was the smartest racing manager around in racing. I gathered that opinion from the work he put in attempting to get funding for 100 years commemoration of ANZAC bearing in mind Trentham played a major part sending soldiers overseas.

So he let the media have it somewhere along the line. Without the full story don't go jumping to the media beat ups.

Reading the piece above it sounds like he physically "attacked a female reporter". THe truth is probably he strongly responded to some erroneous press.

Yeah right!

40 minutes ago, The Centaur said:

Why did he bolt when I asked him a few questions then?

• Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, The Centaur said:

You seem to think his resignation is tied to the story in your quote above

It isn't, and if you think this guy is "smart" then god help racing

Mikie

Edited by Mikie
  • Like 5
  • Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Can you give us a clue Mikie?

I'm sure there will be a blaze of unwanted publicity for Racing over the next few days which isn't good, similar to, but worse than, the behaviour of a deep South MP who resigned this year

Mikie

The sudden departure sans explanation raised an eyebrow around the place for sure - serious ill-health or wrong-doing are the reasons I've seen in the past for the rapid, unheralded exit from these sorts of positions.

What I have heard since, I can't repeat here at this stage.  Hopefully it's not true - and if it's not - and I posted it here - it would be a low blow to repeat a rumor of that nature.

Here's hoping I am poorly informed.

J

9 minutes ago, jess said:

The sudden departure sans explanation raised an eyebrow around the place for sure - serious ill-health or wrong-doing are the reasons I've seen in the past for the rapid, unheralded exit from these sorts of positions.

What I have heard since, I can't repeat here at this stage.  Hopefully it's not true - and if it's not - and I posted it here - it would be a low blow to repeat a rumor of that nature.

Here's hoping I am poorly informed.

J

I'd say you are well informed

Mikie

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Come on Jess, it's not hard to get a small fortune from breeding and racing horses

Just start with a large fortune

Mikie

Ahhh Mikie.  Well that's where I went wrong - I only started with a very small fortune.  And it's disappearing fast!  best I breed a champion STAT!!! 😃